Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes a pony attractive?

J.R.

Pony Attractiveness  

109 users have voted

1. 1. What truly makes a pony attractive?

• Looks
    • Personality
    • Both

I'd say personality would be the number one biggest factor, considering that physically there's not really anything to be attracted by. (Unless you're attracted by colours, lol).

Well your poll options pretty much summed up my answer. On top of that, the positive qualities these ponies have you can barely even find in real life with other humans, which is more icing on the cake.

@NuclearBurg: Heyyyyy... My avatar is in your avatar... :-P

• Brohoof 2

I voted for "both", but I'd also add "their voices" as a reason.

A pony is cute if... - They have two eyes - They're alive

Rainbow Dash pretending not to be cute...

post-30326-0-21636300-1424173937_thumb.png

She's not fooling anypony.

I've circled which parts of Rainbow Dash are attractive

You don't like the tip of her tail?

Edited by VitalTwilightSparkle
  • Brohoof 2

Their personalities mostly. They're all so well-developed in that regard, they practically feel real to me. You can't help but love them.

Their appearance counts too. They're all colored pleasantly, have large adorable eyes, nice looking manes and tails, cutie marks are really attractive to me too. Of course if you count Fan-art, then that also could include a billion potential other reasons to be attracted to them.

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro studied it well...

Graphical side:

- Manga-like eyes.

- Smooth and clean contour and body lines.

- Colored skin.

- Sharp, shiny\glossy multiple and multipurpouse hair-styles.

- Cutie marks (magic tattoes) to identify every character's hobby\work.

- Enourmouns amonts of facial expressions and clothers\accesories.

- Preassembled animations using kind of flash-like media editor (please, don't blame me. I don't know what suite they use, maybe CS5?).

- Clean and semplified desing on backgrounds.

- Total absence of modesty since they don't have sexual organs. The only 2 times i've seen a pony needing a bathroom were pinkie during a travel on train (can't remember the episode), and Applejack, hidding from his friends after she obtained a 2nd place on Applelooza train station.

- Contacts with lower-body zones doesn't cause sexually/modesty/trivial oriented reactions, likes babies, they are uncoscious about their existence.

Social\ Personality side:

- Principal characters have a charisma (cutie mark-oriented).

- Totally absense of cruel humor, strong language, alcohol or smoke references (even drugs). No rage (using strong language) instant reactions.

- No meat consuption (they're ponies of course).

- A balanced use of mild violence with absense of blood or broken bones. Rare cases of contact\physical violence between characters.

- Rarely they exchange or trade using money. They prefer cooking or build stuff themselves.

- Multiple famous films references cleverly hidden.

- Use of songs that aren't oriented to a specific (spectator) age. Not like Disney's.

- Shape of words oriented to MLP world ponies (everypony, nopony, anypony etc.)

- Use of magic\magic elements\spells, enchanted objects and wings (they always work!).

- Most of animals can understand what ponies are saying and act closer as ponies, trying to communicate, somethimess using a common language.

- At start of every season there's a "boss" to defeat, when most of series ends up in the same way to maintain high levels of "hype".

- Some tipical features taken from Disney like contour ponies who sing all together bla, bla, bla.

- Absense of a real-based\ persistent economy or need of money. No poverty. No cops. No criminality or corruption. No politics. Tax-free state.

- No contamination, no shortage of food, no industry, no religion, no racial hate, no public infusions or graffiti.

Edited by Dingo_Dash

Hasbro studied it well...

Graphical side:

- Manga-like eyes.

- Smooth and clean contour and body lines.

- Colored skin.

- Sharp, shiny\glossy multiple and multipurpouse hair-styles.

- Cutie marks (magic tattoes) to identify every character's hobby\work.

- Enourmouns amonts of facial expressions and clothers\accesories.

- Preassembled animations using kind of flash-like media editor (please, don't blame me. I don't know what suite they use, maybe CS5?).

- Clean and semplified desing on backgrounds.

- Total absence of modesty since they don't have sexual organs. The only 2 times i've seen a pony needing a bathroom were pinkie during a travel on train (can't remember the episode), and Applejack, hidding from his friends after she obtained a 2nd place on Applelooza train station.

- Contacts with lower-body zones doesn't cause sexually/modesty/trivial oriented reactions, likes babies, they are uncoscious about their existence.

- Principal characters have a charisma (cutie mark-oriented).

- Totally absense of cruel humor, strong language, alcohol or smoke references (even drugs). No rage (using strong language) instant reactions.

- No meat consuption (they're ponies of course).

- A balanced use of mild violence with absense of blood or broken bones. Rare cases of contact\physical violence between characters.

- Rarely they exchange or trade using money. They prefer cooking or build stuff themselves.

- Multiple famous films references cleverly hidden.

- Use of songs that aren't oriented to a specific (spectator) age. Not like Disney's.

- Shape of words oriented to MLP world ponies (everypony, nopony, anypony etc.)

- Use of magic\magic elements\spells, enchanted objects and wings (they always work!).

- Most of animals can understand what ponies are saying and act closer as ponies, trying to communicate, somethimess using a common language.

- At start of every season there's a "boss" to defeat, when most of series ends up in the same way to maintain high levels of "hype".

- Some tipical features taken from Disney like contour ponies who sing all together bla, bla, bla.

- Absense of a real-based\ persistent economy or need of money. No poverty. No cops. No criminality or corruption. No politics. Tax-free state.

- No contamination, no shortage of food, no industry, no religion, no racial hate, no public infusions or graffiti.

Graphical side:

- StudioB used a standard consumer version of Adobe FLASH; when they got bumped up by HASBRO to form DHX they developed their own variant of FLASH adapted to better suit the ponies faces and light/shadows 3D effects [compare forest!RD in S1E02 and castle!AJ in S4E03].

- FiM_Ponies do have sexual organs, its not visible in the show for "obvious reasons".

While their carefree nudist behavior it is more "natural" for a species without the need of clothes for surviving or comfort (always optional, even in the cold of winter [s1E11&S2E11]). They are still not totally unaware of the "implications" of certain poses and overt specific behaviors [s1E07;S1E21;S2E09;S2E10;S2E15;S2E19;S3E05;S4E04;S4E13].

- Their "basic charisma" [the part that is not related to their personality], is added at the animation phase of production based on the V.A. performance. Not only the FLASH body pose selection is afected by this, but also how they will move from one to the next.

- The series is rated TV-7Y (the "obvious reasons")

- FiM_Ponies can eat eggs and diary products [s2E05].

For the case of the "baking bads" [s1E04], the reason they got foodborne illness from worm consumption, was the lack of a proper cooking time/temperature on the "baking blind" for the muffins; not a lack of capacity on the ponies to produce the proper enzimes for animal proteins.

- They are (small) horses.

The difference between "blood & broken bones" and "lethal one-hit-kills" its small enough to not even taking the risk with anything less durable than an adult dragon or a tree.

- Most of the episodes happened in a rural town, or in a city but under the "Royal Umbrella". The greatest example of money and conections being something necessary for almost anything is [s4E08] "Rarity Takes Manehattan".

- Appeal to the parents (at first, later to "adult nerds"), structured lore and trademarked language [Klingon in Star Trek, or Jaffa in Stargate], the use of inteligent "aliens" for comedic relief [s1E04;S2E21] or drama [s1E05;S1E09;S2E19]; its what makes it different from similar "slice of life" kid shows.

- At the start (or end) of each season, its not the antagonist or his/her plots what makes the anticipation (or hype) for such episodes; but rather the expected expansion of either the lore, the setting, or a previous character development limits that usually came along them [Equestria with NNM; "Reversion" with Discord; Crystal Empire with Sombra; "Destiny" with MMC; "Refoundation" with Tirek].

- Equestria is not an Utopia. Its just better than the current western civilized world; but it has its share of problems.

• Brohoof 2

Graphical side:

- StudioB used a standard consumer version of Adobe FLASH; when they got bumped up by HASBRO to form DHX they developed their own variant of FLASH adapted to better suit the ponies faces and light/shadows 3D effects [compare forest!RD in S1E02 and castle!AJ in S4E03].

Mhmm, very interesting...

- FiM_Ponies do have sexual organs, its not visible in the show for "obvious reasons".

While their carefree nudist behavior it is more "natural" for a species without the need of clothes for surviving or comfort (always optional, even in the cold of winter [s1E11&S2E11]). They are still not totally unaware of the "implications" of certain poses and overt specific behaviors [s1E07;S1E21;S2E09;S2E10;S2E15;S2E19;S3E05;S4E04;S4E13].

You're right. Some poses during certain episodes can be "questionable". Of course the use clothes to identify oneself, for example, during a historic reinterpretation or a "gala" can be a perfect excuse. I still can't remember if i even see any kind of underewear.

- Their "basic charisma" [the part that is not related to their personality], is added at the animation phase of production based on the V.A. performance. Not only the FLASH body pose selection is afected by this, but also how they will move from one to the next.

For the case of the "baking bads" [s1E04], the reason they got foodborne illness from worm consumption, was the lack of a proper cooking time/temperature on the "baking blind" for the muffins; not a lack of capacity on the ponies to produce the proper enzimes for animal proteins.

- V.A. performance? Really? I'm surpriced they push MLP to these levels. That's amazing!

- TV-7Y because of "mild-violence".

- Yes, ponies can eat eggs and it's a nonsense, but of course kids don't care and Hasbro cannot exclude candies and other stuff that childrens love.

So, how's the old saying goes...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder beholder

There are a lot of factors that go into the decision as to why a non physical work of artistic creation is attractive and a lot of it is in how that creation is perceived as if it was indeed physical.

For myself, a lot of is personality. I like Raritys personality over all the others... That and she's got a really nice... Er..set of eyes.

Truth... I really like Raritys eyes. And it's eyes that are the one measure of attractiveness for me, even in the real world.

And it's these two prices of the puzzle that sets the bar and separates all the others

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 2

- Equestria is not an Utopia. Its just better than the current western civilized world; but it has its share of problems.

Well, i'd rather prefer an Equestria with risk of an apocalypse at every season than a corrupted and decadent world like this. At least, in cartoons, the good ones always has the best.

The big butts they have.... 

Also those lovely eyes of their and great personalities.

So yeah, I totally put on my 'Xenophilia Commander Shepard Goggles' for a MLP FIM Pony.  

• Brohoof 1

Graphical side:

For the case of the "baking bads" [s1E04], the reason they got foodborne illness from worm consumption, was the lack of a proper cooking time/temperature on the "baking blind" for the muffins; not a lack of capacity on the ponies to produce the proper enzimes for animal proteins.

- They are (small) horses.

The difference between "blood & broken bones" and "lethal one-hit-kills" its small enough to not even taking the risk with anything less durable than an adult dragon or a tree.

- Most of the episodes happened in a rural town, or in a city but under the "Royal Umbrella". The greatest example of money and conections being something necessary for almost anything is [s4E08] "Rarity Takes Manehattan".

- Appeal to the parents (at first, later to "adult nerds"), structured lore and trademarked language [Klingon in Star Trek, or Jaffa in Stargate], the use of inteligent "aliens" for comedic relief [s1E04;S2E21] or drama [s1E05;S1E09;S2E19]; its what makes it different from similar "slice of life" kid shows.

- At the start (or end) of each season, its not the antagonist or his/her plots what makes the anticipation (or hype) for such episodes; but rather the expected expansion of either the lore, the setting, or a previous character development limits that usually came along them [Equestria with NNM; "Reversion" with Discord; Crystal Empire with Sombra; "Destiny" with MMC; "Refoundation" with Tirek].

Clothing is optional for an Equestrian.

Its more form over function, their need for clothing is not designed for such as human clothing where warmth and protection is needed. and their society does not suffer from the taboos that are in human society and the need for concealment.

Clothing is optional for an Equestrian.

Its more form over function, their need for clothing is not designed for such as human clothing where warmth and protection is needed. and their society does not suffer from the taboos that are in human society and the need for concealment.

A good analogy for this is the "need of concealment" for women faces in some countries of the Middle East; witch its exclusive to "public spaces" [anywhere people other than the woman´s husband, their childs or another woman could be present at any moment].

Edited by SilverComet
  • Brohoof 1

A good analogy for this is the "need of concealment" for women faces in some countries of the Middle East; witch its exclusive to "public spaces" [anywhere people other than the woman´s husband, their childs or another woman could be present at any moment].

Believe me, I could write a whole theses on this subject to really ad-dress this question properly but I don't have time

I didn't want to be the one saying this but I think all ponies look the same when you take away the hair

There are a lot of subtle variations.

Compare the eye shapes of Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy.

Compare the muzzles of Twilight and Celestia.

Compare the body shapes of Fleur Dis Lee and Lyra.