Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes a pony attractive?

J.R.

Pony Attractiveness  

109 users have voted

1. 1. What truly makes a pony attractive?

• Looks
    • Personality
    • Both

I think its all down to a good balance of both. A harsh personality can ruin any good looks (Trixie..)

That being said, a well kept mane and vibrant, catchy color is always a good first step for me.

And c'mon, they're just cute!

I personally am like Pinky Pie when it comes to being bouncy and wanting to make people laugh but I've always loved toys like Hot Wheels cars, I've loved playing flight simulators with Jets and driving tanks and firing their powerful cannon just to hear awesome boom.... Maybe that's why I love the boom of lightning when it's closest to my house. It shakes the windows. XD

In this regard, I like confident, cocky ponies like Rainbow Dash but In the beginning, she was mean to Flutter Shy and because of that I thought everything about her was ugly. I would say something like, "her voice is annoying and her hair style is ugly". After she started being nice to Flutters I was like, "Well, she's at least neutral in looks". Actions define you in appearance, to me. Eventually, Rainbow started being understanding, nice and a lot of good things. THAT\S what makes you cool. Being kind, understanding others, having tact and being respectful.

Rainbow Dashed into my heart (Pun SOOO intended. XD) when she giggled in her squeelly voice and argued with everyone in a heated way. If a pretty girl argues with me, she becomes twice as cute when she's angry and this is where I become compusively flirtasious and teasing. While that girl is aruging, I zone out and my mouth speaks for me then I say, "What did I say?!" They're usually original one-lines that come out of no where.

"You're hot when you're angry.", "Is that smile contagious cause I think I've been infected." "Hey sunshine, I'm the Earth and you're my Sun." XD

Come for the looks, stay for the personality.

This ^

As per the genetalia, my head cannon tells me that whatever species these other-universe beings are (maybe the "translation" to English is pony due to a lack of a better word) that their "junk" evolved to be hidden more inside their bodies until needed. I could think of several ways this could be evolutionaly advantageous including limiting infections as well as physical trauma damage. Sorry to have gone a little off topic.

• 4 weeks later...

Mostly personality but as its been pointed out earlier looks are also a factor but with rainbow dash you get both <3 ughh if only there was a girl exactly lie her except... You know.. Human... Ahh I'd be in love immediately

I prefer their personality as well. While they each have their own flaws and quirks most of those are easily dealt with or ignored unlike real humans.

I think both looks and personality are important. For looks, I like the entirety of the face, especially the eyes, as well as their mane. I f they have some accessory (like Apple Bloom's bow), then that makes them pretty cute, too.

(edited)

Can I just say that for me the best ponies are the ones I can relate to the most, or the ones I want to be like or want to have the same ideals as. I love Applejack because she has something that I don't, a large and loving family that unconditionally love each other even when they're at their necks. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, however we're not the most loving of families. This love is most apparent in probably Pinkie Apple Pie (which is probably for me one of my favourite AJ episode, next to Applebuck Season and the Super Cider Squeezy 6000. Spoilers, sorry) where they're all fighting about where their aunt is, and immediately afterwards realize their mistakes and forgive each other.

As for relating to the most, I really feel I relate to Twilight Sparkle. Twilight is probably one of the more realistic characters in MLP, and it definitely shows. She's biased, she has brains, is skeptical of things she can't or doesn't understand. But that's not why I love her so much. In most of the episodes she's in, she's the one moving the plot along and that's what makes her so real (so to speak.) As much as I love Pinkie Pie, in some of the episodes she's in as a secondary character (I say some because there are some notable examples, for example, the para sprite invasion), she's there as comic relief and is there for the sake of being there. Sure, we get a few laughs out of pinkie, but at the end of the day, the story would of been the same if anyone else was telling the joke. But Twilight, she's special to me because she has a personality that is much different from the other Mane 6, and is much more realistic in terms of characterisation.

I don't say much about looks because it's not important to me. But the most attractive is Braeburn, hands down. Is there an Equestrian Girls version of him somewhere?

Edited by xCuddlefish

Is it wrong that I have no idea and I just find some ponies attractive or not for both personality and looks?

mlfw4036-dat_plot.jpg

But seriously, the best thing about ponies are their personalities. It's what make a bunch of character with the same stock features and animation cycles unique.

• 3 years later...

They need to be vibrant, and beautiful. They need to be friendly, and kind.  And they need to have surprises. Rainbow dash is al of this to me. Real pretty for a tomboy, and surprisingly sweet hen the time is right. love ya girl!

dashie_smile_by_fluffyxai-dc2nc17.png

Ponies looks attractive because of their personality and looks. I have multiple crushes on many ponies including RD and Nurse Redheart. 

But I love RD the most. I love her tomboyish accent and her colors. She is so darn amazing. 

images(4).jpg.f715ca0931beb412054d0c28a9f25f2d.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 2/16/2015 at 1:43 AM, Geek0zoid said:

Physically, I think what makes a pony attractive is their colors and voice, as well as their general mood. I'd say, in that category, Fluttershy and Pinkie are the best. Personality-wise, I think Twilight and AJ are the best, and they seem to be very pleasant to be around. They seem to have a consistently good ethical standpoint and I trust I can count on them when I need them.

I tottally agree that Pinkie and Flutter are physically the most attractive. But, also, they are my two most favorite ponies. Fluttershy is first and Pinkie Pie is second. And, what about Rarity and Rainbow Dash?