Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Least Favorite Insect (if any)?

uml4mj4m

Wasps. Other insects are usually harmless unless you disturb them or bug them too much. Wasps...wasps just love attacking anyone and everyone just cause. I swear to Luna there was a wasp following me for a week straight.

I'd go with mosquitoes. While I'm aware they have their ecological niche, they annoy the living daylights out of me. Not to mention being a terrible disease vector.

• Brohoof 1

ALL of them! 

Especially spiders... 

but really.. just all of them. 

Well.. praying mantis' are pretty cool. 

BUT the rest... disgusting! 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Roaches. I can handle most bugs, honestly. Spiders, flies, wasps, bees, hornets, centipedes, crickets... none of them really get to me. But roaches? Why do they exist? They get into your food and they spread disease like no other bugs. Kill it with fire!

Oh wait, you can't.

Moths. Moths. Frickin' moths. I like most insects, even spiders. But moths are so ew. Oh and flies and mosquitoes are annoying too. 

Flies and Wasps may be annoying, but at least you can find and kill them.

Bed bugs, fleas, fruit flies, and ticks are little fuckers that deserve to be burnt alive.

Edited by Slasher Panzy
  • Brohoof 1

Cockroaches, but thats really only cuz I’m allergic to they’re eggs, if I wasn’t allergic to them, I wouldn’t dislike them, other then that, my least favorite would be wasps, yellows jackets, hornets, and bees, mainly cuz I’m afraid of being stung :mlp_lie: oh and bed bugs

THIS THING. I was about 10 and I caught one thinking it was like a grasshopper. Well It wasn't.:mlp_blink: I watched frozen in horror as it tore into my finger while glaring up at me with it's evil red eyes (which should have been a clue). I started bleeding immediately and threw the thing.

evilkatydid.png.afa955a89505913b60344bdb6efce66f.png

It's called a Katydid.

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

Moths. Moths. Frickin' moths. I like most insects, even spiders. But moths are so ew. Oh and flies and mosquitoes are annoying too. 

What about this moth I caught?Polyphemus.thumb.jpg.edea307b671b3a0d2f41eb485d9c71ff.jpg

It's called a Polyphemus Moth.

Edited by Cirrus.

I've probably said it before (Don't remember, too lazy to check) but my fear of roaches is of a phobic nature. I can face any kind of bug, and even let a Praying Mantis (They're cool!) walk on my arm, but I will scream and run if I see a roach!

21 minutes ago, Cirrus. said:

What about this moth I caught?Polyphemus.thumb.jpg.edea307b671b3a0d2f41eb485d9c71ff.jpg

I do like the pattern on its wings, at the very least I kind of am interested in butterflies and moths that got eyespots. I'd still probably run miles away if I saw it irl tho, lol. 

You do bug collecting? That's pretty cool if so :ooh:

12 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I do like the pattern on its wings, at the very least I kind of am interested in butterflies and moths that got eyespots. I'd still probably run miles away if I saw it irl tho, lol. 

You do bug collecting? That's pretty cool if so :ooh:

The good news is that it can't bite, since it doesn't have a mouth! :confused:

I caught this guy at like 2am at a gas station. He was bashing into the ground like a basketball bouncing, trying to get away from the BLINDING LED lights the station used. I was about to take him home. They only live a few days so I probably would have put him in a frame, but he flew away. The eye spots he had were like metallic semitransparent foil.

When I was younger I would catch and keep different bugs for a while. Now I just catch bugs and take Macro photos if I have time.

Their caterpillars are crazy too. I still vividly remember my dad found one when I was like 3 or 4. (Not my picture as I haven't seen one since.)

pph.jpg.21f47dae82ca114752ff0f63f2c138bd.jpg

Edited by Cirrus.

I'm gonna go with red wasps. In the spring and summer, they love to build nests in my shed and one time, even under a lawnmower. Stings hurt like hell, too.

Yellow jackets are arguable just as bad. I torch their nests when I run across them  :fabulous:

• Brohoof 1

I hate ticks and chiggers. 

Spiders may be awful to look at and I am afraid of them, but at least I can see them coming and take care of the matter with a rolled up newspaper. But ticks and chiggers are almost impossible to see, and when they bite they can spread disease and cause the most insane itching you can imagine for weeks (even months) afterward. I don't have to deal with them in California, but when I lived in the Midwest they were a major problem. 

Definitelly Gnats. I really hate that insects. I hate it when I lie in my bed and want to sleep and than, I hear this high humming from this little Vampire and than, I often try really long to catch these insect. And beside the fact that mosquito bites can be really annoying, they also can be dangerous. Well gnats are for me the worst insects ever. I mean wasps and flies can be also annoying (and dangerous), but not that much as gnats. But they are some kind of useful for the nature. I mean Flies for example eat carcasses and bad fruits. But Gnats are not useful (or at most as food for other animals).

Potato bugs.  Though I guess I shouldn't really be so averse to something that's harmless.  But honestly, I think I'd rather be stung by a hornet that have a potato bug crawl across my leg.  Incidentally, my favorite insects are praying manti and dragonflies.  It's so weird, too.  If a dragonfly or a praying mantis were to land/crawl across my leg, I'd just go, "Oh, hello there.  Aren't you cute?"  But if it was a potato bug, I'd panic and flip out.  What sense does that make?