Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

2 hours ago, BrawnyCharger said:

I'm just curious. Who do you usually crown as your champions in the WWE 2K games? 

For males I usually make Christian, John Cena & Edge champions multiple times.

For females, it's usallly Trish Stratus 99.9% of the time.

Although, since I don't know if Trish Stratus will be in WWE 2K18, the torch has been passed to Becky Lynch.

7 hours ago, BrawnyCharger said:

I'm just curious. Who do you usually crown as your champions in the WWE 2K games? 

Sting as the champion in WWE 2K17, he deserved it after the crap that WWE put him through.

• Brohoof 2

Here are MY WWE 2K17 champions so far:

WWE Internet Champion: Zack Ryder

ECW Tag Team Champions: The Dudley Boyz

WCW World Tag Team Champions '91-'96: Hollywood Blonds

WCW World Tag Team Champions: The Enforcers 

World Tag Team Champions '85-97: The Natural Disasters

World Tag Team Champions '97-'02: Brothers of Destruction

WWE Women's Champion '98-'10: Trish Stratus

WWE Divas Champion: Natalya

ECW World Television Champion: Eddie Guerrero (I would have given it to Rob Van Dam if they had included him in the game)

WCW Cruiserweight Champion: Chris Jericho '01 (Only because they didn't have Rey Mysterio in the game)

WCW United States Champion: Rick Rude (Though I may bounce it around to others such as Booker T, Lex Luger, DDP etc.

Hardcore Champion: Cactus Jack

WWE Light Heavyweight Champion: Brian Pillman

WWE Cruiserweight Champion: Tyson Kidd (Again because of no Rey Mysterio)

WWE European Champion: Jim Neidhart (would have given it to the Bulldog but it's explained below)

WWE United States Champion (Cena): John Cena

WWE Intercontinental Champion '87: Ricky Steamboat (he should have had a longer reign as champion)

WWE Intercontinental Champion '90: Mr. Perfect

WWE Intercontinental Champion '94: British Bulldog (I would have given it to Owen Hart if they had him in the game)

WWE Intercontinental Champion '98-'11: Chris Jericho

WWE Intercontinental Champion: Razor Ramon (because the current IC belt is the same design as the one he wore during his runs)

ECW World Heavyweight Champion '94-'01: Bam Bam Bigelow (No Sandman, Shane Douglas, Taz or other true ECW Mainstays)

WCW World Heavyweight Champion '91-93: Vader (Had trouble deciding between him and Sting '91. So I simulated a match. I'll probably have it go back and forth between the two.)

World Heavyweight Champion (NWO): Big Show '00 (Only because they didn't have Hogan in the games)

World Heavyweight Champion: Ric Flair

AWA Classic World Heavyweight Champion: Curtis Axel (Only because his father had won it before. I would have given it to Rick Martel if they had him in the game)

WWE Champion (Edge): Edge

WWE Champion (The Miz): The Miz (Chose to have him drop his IC title first)

WWE Champion (Brahma Bull): The Rock '01

WWE Heavyweight Champion (Smoking Skull): Steve Austin

World Heavyweight Champion '86: Andre The Giant (Again because of no Hogan)

World Heavyweight Champion '87: Randy Savage (It just sucks not having Hogan in these games)

WWE Champion '88-'98: Bret Hart (You can probably tell. I'm a Hart Family fan)

WWE Champion '98-'02: Mankind

WWE Undisputed Champion: Brock Lesnar

WWE Champion '05-'13: Sheamus (If only they had CM Punk in the game)

WWE Champion '13-'14: Daniel Bryan

Still Vacant:

Million Dollar Championship (They should have had Ted DiBiase as a playable wrestler in this game)

WCW Hardcore Championship (Not enough of those who had it before)

The Two ECW Championships from '06-'08 and '08-'10 (But will crown soon)

The World and WWE Tag Team Championships from '02-'10 (But will crown soon)

All others are the same as when I got the game.

• Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, BrawnyCharger said:

Off the top of my head I can only remember having CM Punk as WWE champion in '12 and '13

21 minutes ago, GunPla_GliMMeR_4 said:

Congratulations....

Reveal hidden contents

Gotta say, both him and Tyler were awesome! Looking forward for these two in the future. And again, congrats to you, Bruiserweight! :)

Congrats to the Bruiserweight, well deserved

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, TheRockADragon said:

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Zachary said:

What? NO! Why? Just Why? WWE Smackdown will be Horrible now that Jinder Mahal is the Champ!

This is The Worst Possible Thing!

Both of you chill, the guy literally just won the thing

Give him a chance to show us what he can do as a champion

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, TheRockADragon said:

Jinder is a jobber, nothing more and nothing less.

I hate the WWE but the person I think should be champion is only AJ Styles.

Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre were jobbers once, look at them now

Plus we already had Styles as WWE champion, and yes the run was great, but WWE are letting a new guy get a chance in the spotlight and I say we let him have that chance

• Brohoof 2

17 hours ago, TheRockADragon said:

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Zachary said:

What? NO! Why? Just Why? WWE Smackdown will be Horrible now that Jinder Mahal is the Champ!

This is The Worst Possible Thing!

Are spoilers no longer a thing? 

Regardless, I'm rather meh on the issue. Orton was never a good champ to begin with. Jinder already has more charisma and a fresher offence, so he's leagues better than Orton. 

But we all know why this happened. SD's ratings have sunk to it's lowest since the split. And WWE wants that market presence in India. So kill two freebirds w/ one Stone Cold. People from all over will be tuning in now. 

• Brohoof 2

18 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Are spoilers no longer a thing? 

Regardless, I'm rather meh on the issue. Orton was never a good champ to begin with. Jinder already has more charisma and a fresher offence, so he's leagues better than Orton. 

But we all know why this happened. SD's ratings have sunk to it's lowest since the split. And WWE wants that market presence in India. So kill two freebirds w/ one Stone Cold. People from all over will be tuning in now. 

To be fair, we now have the world's first Indian WWE champion, so that's a plus

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Unicorncob said:

To be fair, we now have the world's first Indian WWE champion, so that's a plus

Yeah, but Great Khali kinda took the hype from that when he was WHC. Yeah, I know. Different belts. But were they really? 

It's like people asking for the first black world champ, yet overlooking Mark Henry & Booker T. 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Yeah, but Great Khali kinda took the hype from that when he was WHC. Yeah, I know. Different belts. But were they really? 

It's like people asking for the first black world champ, yet overlooking Mark Henry & Booker T. 

Let's hope Lashley can change that

Plus like you said, Orton's a boring champion. He was alright during his return, but he kinda got ruined during the whole Wyatt fiasco

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Unicorncob said:

Let's hope Lashley can change that

Plus like you said, Orton's a boring champion. He was alright during his return, but he kinda got ruined during the whole Wyatt fiasco

Lashley was already world champ in TNA. And if you wanna get real picky, then we can always reference the Rock, who is both the first black and first Samoan WWE champ. What people want is another black world champ for the sake of having one. But really, who is up to the task right now? 

And I don't think Orton was alright during his return. He was the same boring Randal we had 10 years ago.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Denim&Venom @Unicorncob

If you'd like to read my thought's on Jinder Mahal winning the WWE Championship I've put them in the spoiler tag. (It's positive.)

Spoiler

After thinking about it for a bit (And watching the "What Just Happend?" video on WhatCulture WWE.) 

I'm ok with Jinder Mahal being the WWE Champion.

Sure, Jinder wasn't my first choice  but, what better choice did they have on Smackdown?

When Mahal first arrived on WWE television I thought they were rehashing Muhammad Hassan's gimmick but,

he ended up losing ever match that I saw him in which made me as a viewer question why I should care about him as a villain.

Fast forward to his return in 2016,

seeing Jinder Mahal return to WWE again as a more noticably muscular jobber made me wonder why in the world WWE would

choose to rehire him considering his less than stellar previous run, what were they hoping to accomplish this time around?

Then, I read about WWE's plans to expand viewership in India & it all became clearer as

he fit Vince McMahon's criteria for a "modern" wrestling villain:

1. He's from another country.

2. He's built like a tank.

Now, it all makes sense why Jinder Mahal is the current WWE Champion & I'm ok with it.

Hopefully, WWE doesn't mess it up like they usually do.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom @Unicorncob

If you'd like to read my thought's on Jinder Mahal winning the WWE Championship I've put them in the spoiler tag. (It's positive.)

Hide contents

After thinking about it for a bit (And watching the "What Just Happend?" video on WhatCulture WWE.) 

I'm ok with Jinder Mahal being the WWE Champion.

Sure, Jinder wasn't my first choice  but, what better choice did they have on Smackdown?

When Mahal first arrived on WWE television I thought they were rehashing Muhammad Hassan's gimmick but,

he ended up losing ever match that I saw him in which made me as a viewer question why I should care about him as a villain.

Fast forward to his return in 2016,

seeing Jinder Mahal return to WWE again as a more noticably muscular jobber made me wonder why in the world WWE would

choose to rehire him considering his less than stellar previous run, what were they hoping to accomplish this time around?

Then, I read about WWE's plans to expand viewership in India & it all became clearer as

he fit Vince McMahon's criteria for a "modern" wrestling villain:

1. He's from another country.

2. He's built like a tank.

Now, it all makes sense why Jinder Mahal is the current WWE Champion & I'm ok with it.

Hopefully WWE doesn't mess it up like they usually do.

Spoiler

Actually a few of those reasons are why it's a bad idea. They want Indian viewership, yet they're making Jinder a villain? The guy who's preaching for diversity is being portrayed as an evil anti-american. Maybe a few months longer and Jinder could've been credible, but the crowd support was somewhere between amused and enraged. He has not shaken his jobber status. And it doesn't help that this is a very transparent geopolitical marketing ploy. Or that it certifies SD as the B show. 

And the worst part? This was not a long term idea. Jinder becoming champion was green lit day of the show. And even then it swapped back and fourth up until a few hours prior to Nakamura/Ziggler. Some reports say that Rusev was supposed to be involved, even being asked to fly to Chicago. 

Yes, he's better than Orton in several ways, but in a grander scheme, this is worse. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Denim&Venom

First off, I'd just like to say that I respect your opinion as I feel that you are one of the most knowlegeable wrestling fans that I've ever met.

Spoiler

1. Why isn't Jinder a face even though they want to market in India?

He will likely be a face in the Middle East & Asian countries,

much in the way Bret Hart was a face in Canada despite being a heel in the United States.

2. Jinder hasn't shaken his jobber status & should have been built up more before pushing to the WWE Championship.

I agree.

3. And the worst part? This was not a long term idea. Jinder becoming champion was green lit day of the show.

So, Mahal was never meant to win the championship at all but, WWE said "Whatever." and gave it to him anyway?

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom

First off, I'd just like to say that I respect your opinion as I feel that you are one of the most knowlegeable wrestling fans that I've ever met.

Hide contents

Thank you for that. 

1. Why isn't Jinder a face even though they want to market in India?

He will likely be a face in the Middle East,

much in the way Bret Hart was a face in Canada despite being a heel in the United States.

2. Jinder hasn't shaken his jobber status & should have been built up more before pushing to the WWE Championship.

I agree.

3. And the worst part? This was not a long term idea. Jinder becoming champion was green lit day of the show.

So, Mahal was never meant to win the championship at all but, WWE said "Whatever." and gave it to him anyway?

Spoiler

1. So they're banking on Hometown good guy reactions. Yet portraying him as a villain every week. Ever week the fans in India watch? 

3. From the sounds of things it looks like Randal was gonna be champ till Summerslam. Then there was the idea that Rusev wins at MITB. Then they wanted the Jinder feud prolonged somehow. He was green lit as champ. Day of the show that got nixed and Randall was gonna retain. Then a few hours before, Jinder was back on again. 

Isn't this the type of haphazard lack of long term creative foresight what killed investor confidence in WCW? 

Edited by Denim&Venom
Grattitude
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Denim&Venom

You're welcome, My Friend. :)

Spoiler

1. "Any reaction is a good reaction." according to WWE.

2. Are you surprised by this? WWE has lacked creative foresight for decades & just does stuff cause they feel like it a lot of the time.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

6 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:
  Hide contents

1. So they're banking on Hometown good guy reactions. Yet portraying him as a villain every week. Ever week the fans in India watch?

They'll probably edit the s*** out of it pre-India.

I recall them doing similar stuff for Khali -- e.g., this summary from TV Tropes:

The Great Khali once won the World Heavyweight Championship. That's not Narm, though. The following night on SmackDown, there was a big celebration in the ring for him, with many native Indian folk dancing, singing and celebrating with the big man. And there were a good number of shots of his face, in which he looked legitimately happy. This still isn't Narm, though. The Narm came when Dave Batista stormed out to the ring, scared away all the dancers and attacked Khali. Nothing says "heroic face" like trashing another guy's victory celebration. Batista's a jerk!

• The thing is... the Great Khali's a Face in India to the point that in the WWE SmackDown broadcasts in India, he's the Face while his opponents are the Heels. The whole thing smelt of "preemptive editing."
  • In the same vein, the segment where the Great Khali brings Big Show out and gives him various "peace offerings," including a goat, and basically doesn't do a single heelish thing despite being the heel. Big Show, conversely, abruptly ends the segment by punching Khali in the face and walking off.

• Brohoof 2