Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Okay, with all this talk of potential authority returns, disappointing big reveals and just Roman Reigns pushes, it's time for a gentle reminder that THE WORLD

DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND  WWE ANYMORE!

Thinking WWE is the center of the wrestling universe is like saying McDonald's is a five star restaurant. There are better, and healthier alternatives out there to Vinny Mac's big macs. 

Like the March madness of professional wrestling, the G1 Climax tournament, starting this Sunday!

Three weeks! 19 shows! One shot at the main event of WrestleKingdom!  And Dave Meltzer probably loosing his s:mellow:t and tossing 5 star rankings around like Halloween candy! 

My advice? Skip the Raw, SD and Impact. Binge watch those Lucha Underground & ROH shows later. Cause the next thee weeks are can't miss TV PPV online streaming/viewing. So cancel your network subscription and watch on NJPW world for like eight bucks. Or catch a low res version on Dailymotion, I don't care. Just watch it! 

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Okay, with all this talk of potential authority returns, disappointing big reveals and just Roman Reigns pushes, it's time for a gentle reminder that

THE WORLD DOESN'T REVOLVE AROUND  WWE ANYMORE!

That was about as gentle as a "Bomaye Knee Strike" from Shinsuke Nakamura followed by a "One Winged Angel" from Kenny Omega! :P

• Brohoof 1

If there were more alternatives to WWE on cable TV that I COULD watch, then I'd probably would watch them. That's the problem. The only time you see ROH on is in syndication on Sinclair owned tv stations. I'm not even sure who airs Impact (Or whatever they call themselves over there). There just needs to be more options on regular cable TV for us pro wrestling fans.

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Penguinbrony24 said:

If there were more alternatives to WWE on cable TV that I COULD watch, then I'd probably would watch them. That's the problem. The only time you see ROH on is in syndication on Sinclair owned tv stations. I'm not even sure who airs Impact (Or whatever they call themselves over there). There just needs to be more options on regular cable TV for us pro wrestling fans.

It's better than nothing. Sinclair does have a lot of stations, mostly local affiliates and Destination America. Pop TV are the one's who air Impact/ GFW. But currently their channel is off basic cable. 

Suffice to say, wrestling isn't popular enough to warrant anything else on basic cable. It's either WWE or ROH depending on your area. 

But then again, cable is a dying medium. Why would more companies want to sign on anyways? 

If you want alternatives, you'll have to go online. Youtube are now uploading shows from Progress, Rev Pro, WCPW, ICW, AAA, CMLL, NOAH, AJPW regularly. And you'll be able to find NJPW, Lucha Underground and the major ROH shows on dailymotion. 

You just gotta know where to look. 

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

That match is my favorite John Cena match by far!

It's my favourite CM Punk match :D

My favourite Cena match is Cena vs Styles at Summerslam ;) 

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

My 2nd favorite John Cena match is the one with AJ Styles at Summerslam, too. :smug:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

So for those who've heard of the G1 but don't get what the big deal is, here's the skinny of it all.

Also, here's Dave Meltzer weighing in on everyone. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 7/17/2017 at 0:24 PM, Unicorncob said:

My favourite match of all time is six years old today :D

Reveal hidden contents

On 7/17/2017 at 5:32 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

That match is my favorite John Cena match by far!

On 7/17/2017 at 9:55 PM, Unicorncob said:

On 7/18/2017 at 0:05 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

My 2nd favorite John Cena match is the one with AJ Styles at Summerslam, too. :smug:

Speaking of favorite matches, my favorite Streak match is The Undertaker Vs. Triple H -- the Hell In A Cell one -- at WrestleMania 28.

I'm still convinced it would've been the best one to end The Streak at -- after all, you just can't beat 'Taker, HHH, and HBK walking off into the sunset together.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 3

20 hours ago, A.V. said:

Speaking of favorite matches, my favorite Streak match is The Undertaker Vs. Triple H -- the Hell In A Cell one -- at WrestleMania 28.

I'm still convinced it would've been the best one to end The Streak at -- after all, you just can't beat 'Taker, HHH, and HBK walking off into the sunset together.

I agree. That "End of an Era" match should've also been the "End of the Streak".

• Brohoof 1

Well since were now talking favorite matches, mine are pretty recent. Nakamura vs. Zayn at NXT: Takeover- Dallas. And Omega/Okada (the first one). 

And speaking of great matches, Night 3 of the G1 Climax has been uploaded! 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@A.V. @Denim&Venom @Unicorncob

"Do you have a favorite match featuring female wrestlers?"

My favorite match featuring women is: Trish Stratus vs Lita at Unforgiven 2006.

Oh there are a few. These one's stand out to me because at a time when a women's segment = a piss break, when lingerie pillow fights, mud wrestling, bikini battle royales and diva searches were the norm... 

these matches showed me that women can fight. 

• Brohoof 1

Are there any particular matches/moments/events throughout the history of professional wrestling that regardless of whether it's great or terrible, you would absolutely avoid watching at all costs?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Night 4 of the G1 has been uploaded! 

Buck it, here's Night 5 too! 

And if you want an inkling of how awesome NJPW is, go check out this fan art.

Cf7WpGlUIAIjHvB.jpg:large

Also, my condolences to Hiromu Takehashi for his loss. 

1syhj6.jpg

Image result for daryl the cat njpw

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Okay, just done watching the match between KO and AJ Styles, the ending was, like WTF?! AJ could've kicked out! What the hell? Don't get me wrong, congrats to KO for winning, but to end it like that, just Meh for me. :okiedokieloki:

Now I know why indy wrestling matches are better than WWE matches. -3-

Edited by MechaZ&Poniez_4

Spoiler

Battleground:

After the Punjabi Prison match, I beginning to like Jinder Mahal as the Champion now, having hated him for the past 3 months (Don't worry, I still like Randy Orton) but I don't like the Great Khali.

• Brohoof 1

Ok guys be honest, none of you were expecting The Great Khali to come back

And they're making him heel and he's wearing his black gear again, I approve muchly

21 hours ago, BrawnyCharger said:

Are there any particular matches/moments/events throughout the history of professional wrestling that regardless of whether it's great or terrible, you would absolutely avoid watching at all costs?

Wrestlemania 9 and reality show!NXT

• Brohoof 1