Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

3 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

You all wanted it. You got it. 

And then WWE's lawyers descended from the rafters and gave both Styles & Balor C&D's

to add even more drama to the match. ^_^

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

16 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

And then WWE's lawyers descended from the rafters and gave both Styles & Balor C&D's

to add even more drama to the match. ^_^

Even Ace Attorney lawyers have never reached that level of YOLO.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, [[-VeNoM-]] said:

Damn! Shane leading the Smackdown roster in taking out any RAW superstars, reminded me of the 2001 WCW/ECW invasion storyline. Damn, those were the good days of wrestling. :love:

It would've been even better, IMO if the NWO had shown up during the WWF invasion instead of a few months later at No Way Out 2002.

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, [[-VeNoM-]] said:

Damn! Shane leading the Smackdown roster in taking out any RAW superstars, reminded me of the 2001 WCW/ECW invasion storyline. Damn, those were the good days of wrestling. :love:

Though disappointing that Raw didn't retaliate (for now).

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Wwe has a habit of rushing feuds and forsaking build up. So I'm glad they're taking their time and pacing things out for once.

Admittedly, that was a big problem with Undertaker Vs. Lesnar in 2014: They just started fighting for a couple of weeks, then bam -- Streak over.

It didn't help that previous Streak-challengers (e.g., HBK, HHH, and Punk) all had meaningful buildups.

Edited by The Artist Formerly Known As A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

Been watching one wrestling star lately, and that fellow is The tumblr_inline_olzvlwz90m1r3wtlq_500.gif.49cd5497afecec78c5e52ded695901d4.gif Marty Scurll!

Kay', this IMO, he's like the Stone Cold Steve Austin of WCPW/Soon to be called Defiant Wrestling, he's actually fun to watch and also find him entertaining with his character, and also a good wrestler no doubt. I laugh everytime he tries to Too Sweet a fan, then suddenly gives the fan the bird, or trolling the front audience by telling them to get out of the way because he's going to throw his opponent in the audience, but ends up throwing the opponent back in the ring. XD Damn, he's such a troll. If ever I visit the States, might buy a Marty Scurll - Villain Club tee at Hot Topic. :) WOOP WOOP!

Edited by [[-VeNoM-]]
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, [[-VeNoM-]] said:

or trolling the front audience by telling them to get out of the way because he's going to throw his opponent in the audience, but ends up throwing the opponent back in the ring.

The first time I saw a wrestler do that was Ken Kennedy/Anderson during an episode of Velocity, I don't remember who his opponent was. 

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The first time I saw a wrestler do that was Ken Kennedy/Anderson during an episode of Velocity, I don't remember who his opponent was. 

He did? Didn't know that. Well, I rarely watch Velocity back then with Kennedy in it, mostly the matches I watched when Rhyno's the one wrestling. :please:

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, [[-VeNoM-]] said:

He did? Didn't know that. Well, I rarely watch Velocity back then with Kennedy in it, mostly the matches I watched when Rhyno's the one wrestling. :please:

Yeah. And for some weird reason that was the thing that made me a fan of Ken Kennedy's for a while. :P

Edited by Sparklefan1234

(edited)
On October 26, 2017 at 1:11 PM, [[-VeNoM-]] said:

Been watching one wrestling star lately, and that fellow is The tumblr_inline_olzvlwz90m1r3wtlq_500.gif.49cd5497afecec78c5e52ded695901d4.gif Marty Scurll!

Kay', this IMO, he's like the Stone Cold Steve Austin of WCPW/Soon to be called Defiant Wrestling, he's actually fun to watch and also find him entertaining with his character, and also a good wrestler no doubt. I laugh everytime he tries to Too Sweet a fan, then suddenly gives the fan the bird, or trolling the front audience by telling them to get out of the way because he's going to throw his opponent in the audience, but ends up throwing the opponent back in the ring. XD Damn, he's such a troll. If ever I visit the States, might buy a Marty Scurll - Villain Club tee at Hot Topic. :) WOOP WOOP!

He's doing very well for himself in ROH, and looks to be getting a push in NJPW, as he's now challenging for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight title. Broke the fingers of Hiromu Takehashi to do it too. 

He was a big deal before his north american debut, and now he's an even bigger deal now.

Just look at what Paul heyman had to say about him.

https://youtu.be/_1i6TeYbswY 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 2

And here's a video of Marty doing what he does best. Though not real, but they way he does it still makes me cringe. But after that, he makes me laugh so hard with that facial expression of his as if he's gonna throw up after breaking those digits of his opponents 1:44.XD

This video contains some profanity and some not suitable for kiddies, you've been warned.

Marty Scurll is one sick F:wacko::maud:K. #YSF

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. said:

Who'd have thunk Jackie Gayda was an Airbender all along?

That was the only Trish Stratus match that I've only watched once due to how bad it was. 

There are also certain segments from Trish's early WWF days I don't like rewatching either.

Steph being able to emasculate any male performer because she can't be hit back is extremely detrimental to the roster... the 'Queen Bitch' character she's been portraying since 2013 has worn out its welcome and run its course, and I just wish she'd just drop it. Then again, it generates so much heat that I can understand why the 'E have decided to keep it on her. I much preferred her as a babyface GM in the early 2000's, because at least the decisions she made for feuds actually made sense, rather than inflating her own ego at the cost of the talent and the programme at large.

3 hours ago, Vocal Analyst said:

Steph being able to emasculate any male performer because she can't be hit back is extremely detrimental to the roster... the 'Queen Bitch' character she's been portraying since 2013 has worn out its welcome and run its course, and I just wish she'd just drop it. Then again, it generates so much heat that I can understand why the 'E have decided to keep it on her. I much preferred her as a babyface GM in the early 2000's, because at least the decisions she made for feuds actually made sense, rather than inflating her own ego at the cost of the talent and the programme at large.

The WWE needs at least some villainous leaders. Not all of them can be babyfaces. That would make things boring.

22 minutes ago, Penguinbrony2409 said:

The WWE needs at least some villainous leaders. Not all of them can be babyfaces. That would make things boring.

You are correct, although getting proper heat in this day and age can be very tough, then again WWE don't make their faces interesting enough for many to get behind them, which makes things eve tougher. The point of being a bad guy is that at some point you get comeuppance for your actions, which clearly didn't happen to Steph, at least with intent as all she got was an accidental spear at Mania 32 and being pushed accidentally through a table at Mania 33... TWICE IN NEARLY FIVE YEARS. It's ridiculous and stupefying really.

7 hours ago, Vocal Analyst said:

Then again, it generates so much heat that I can understand why the 'E have decided to keep it on her.

But when the heat lacks a payoff, it just causes burnout -- to the point where she's been blamed as one of the main reasons for Raw's sucky ratings in recent years.

8 hours ago, Vocal Analyst said:

You are correct, although getting proper heat in this day and age can be very tough, then again WWE don't make their faces interesting enough for many to get behind them, which makes things eve tougher. The point of being a bad guy is that at some point you get comeuppance for your actions, which clearly didn't happen to Steph, at least with intent as all she got was an accidental spear at Mania 32 and being pushed accidentally through a table at Mania 33... TWICE IN NEARLY FIVE YEARS. It's ridiculous and stupefying really.

4 hours ago, The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. said:

But when the heat lacks a payoff, it just causes burnout -- to the point where she's been blamed as one of the main reasons for Raw's sucky ratings in recent years.

We can complain all we want, but nothing is changing. For WWE, business is booming.

Despite the poor booking, dull matches and the overabundance of the McMahons, WWE has kept the attention of over 2 million people each week for 20 years. They have over a million subbed to the network. Merchandise is being moved. Ticket sales are healthy. And most importantly, they are getting fixed income from the USA network, regardless of the critical reception. 

It's lousy, but WWE are making a fortune. Stephanie may not be helping the bottom line, but she isn't exactly hurting it either. 

• Brohoof 1

On 11/2/2017 at 3:04 PM, Denim&Venom said:

And most importantly, they are getting fixed income from the USA network, regardless of the critical reception. 

Does that mean WWE has a permanent place on television with no need to worry about being cancelled?

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Does that mean WWE has a permanent place on television with no need to worry about being cancelled?

Pretty much. The only things that could change that are WWE doing something stupid to loose sponsors and get kicked off the air, there's a steady enough decline of ratings due to people ditching conventional television, or something drastic happens on the networks end. 

But barring those extreme circumstances, there's no way WWE is loosing it's air time. USA gets viewers and WWE gets ad revenue. If anything is gonna change, then it's gonna have to come from the fans.  Not die hard smart marks like you or I, but from mom, dad, their little John Cena fan, and the loyalists who've stuck around since McMahon Sr. was still a thing. They have to speak out with their wallets or their presence on if they want WWE to change. 

And considering 2.5 million are around each week, 10,000 of those live in attendance, looks like all of them are just fine with the modern WWE. Vince believes the booking doesn't matter. He's kind of right. Look at the last few big events the network has put on: the Mae Young classic, Lesnar vs. Strowman, Shane vs. Owens, Styles vs. Balor, Kurt Angle's return. None of those boosted network subscriptions or viewership. Raw's 3rd hour always dips, regardless of main event. There are slight fluctuations week to week, but for the most part, the ratings have plateaued. The WWE fans always tune in regardless.

In WWE's mind, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

• Brohoof 1