Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

@Qrow Branwen

Natalya Neidhart is very underrated, IMO.

6 minutes ago, Qrow Branwen said:

@Denim&Venom oh man are you excited for NXT Philly? It's gonna be hard to top off awesome WarGames was.

I haven't been excited for NXT in a long time & I can't think of anyone I'm interested in that wrestles on that show.

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Past tense then. 

I heard. Richochet said his good buys at the King Of Pro-Wrestling PPV. And War Machine bowed out at New Years Dash.

I'm worried over all of them. Ricochet will win NXT gold just to get shunted to 205 live and War Machine will run roughshod over NXT, just to be split up on the main roster. There are two things McMahon hates in this world: small guys and tag teams. 

Ricochet will likely go to 205 Live & probably be used as the new Kofi Kingston during Royal Rumble matches.

War Machine will probably end up like The Highlanders & be fed to The New Day & The Uso's.

1 minute ago, Qrow Branwen said:

@Denim&Venom not kayfabe and smarks eh?

Nah, those still pay his bills for some reason. 

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Qrow Branwen

Natalya Neidhart is very underrated, IMO.

I haven't been excited for NXT in a long time & I can't think of anyone I'm interested in that wrestles on that show.

Ricochet will likely go to 205 Live & probably be used as the new Kofi Kingston during Royal Rumble matches.

War Machine will probably end up like The Highlanders & be fed to The New Day & The Uso's.

Or be made into his 4th LOD clone. 

Though if anyone can pull it off, it's War Machine. Wonder if KES gave them any advice on being in the WWE.  

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Nah, those still pay his bills for some reason. 

Or be made into his 4th LOD clone. 

Though if anyone can pull it off, it's War Machine. Wonder if KES gave them any advice on being in the WWE.  

Or worse, "The Ascension 2.0". *Shudders*

Edited by Sparklefan1234

@Sparklefan1234 their a new tag team.

Part of me wishes Vince would take all the guys from NXT and keep them there and make his own competition to compete with..like they could make NXT the next WcW (Sans the issues that ultimately killed it.) and have RAW/Smackdown actually compete against it for ratings. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Qrow Branwen said:

Part of me wishes Vince would take all the guys from NXT and keep them there and make his own competition to compete with..like they could make NXT the next WcW (Sans the issues that ultimately killed it.) and have RAW/Smackdown actually compete against it for ratings. 

NXT is pretty much the only reason people subscribe to the WWE Network, take that away & the WWE Network will cease to exist.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

NXT is pretty much the only reason people subscribe to the WWE Network, take that away & the WWE Network will cease to exist.

But what about all the PPVs past and present/video library for a low...low..price of 9.99 a month ;)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Qrow Branwen said:

But what about all the PPVs past and present/video library for a low...low..price of 9.99 a month ;)

I forgot about the WWE PPV's being free to the WWE Network subscribers. :P

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

To my knowledge, a champion has never won the rumble. And no one has been set up to take the IC strap off of Reigns. And I don't see any avenues for him to loose it, unless he's not in the chamber match this February. Or he just drops it nonchalant on Raw. 

We're all still clinging onto his work in NJPW, which is sill fantastic. He can have good matches, as evidenced with Zayn, Cena and Orton. We just need to keep him off the mic and let him cave in peoples skulls w/ knee strikes. And if he does win, then he'll have a good match with AJ. We know this, because they've done it before.

Yeah, Reigns won't win the Rumble. I can actually see Braun winning it to tell you the truth, that is if he doesn't become champion.

Because that title match can go two ways the way I see it.

1. Braun pinning Kane for a three count.

2. Lesnar pinning Kane for a three count.

And if option 2 should happen I wouldn't put any doubt in Braun entering the rumble

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Scootaloo Is Best Filly said:

Yeah, Reigns won't win the Rumble. I can actually see Braun winning it to tell you the truth, that is if he doesn't become champion.

Because that title match can go two ways the way I see it.

1. Braun pinning Kane for a three count.

2. Lesnar pinning Kane for a three count.

And if option 2 should happen I wouldn't put any doubt in Braun entering the rumble

At this point, it's a real crapshoot to who's going to win the rumble. I'd put my money on Cena, but then again... in the WWE, anything can happen.

With all this rumble talk, you guys are missing out on an even bigger event.

The biggest and oldest wrestling fed in Japan takes on the biggest and oldest wrestling fed in Mexico (and the world) once again.

it's NJPW Vs. CMLL at

(don't forget to turn on the subtitles)

The last three shows begin airing tonight/tomorrow morning! 

• Brohoof 1

I'm hoping NXT Philly does great over The Rumble. I've always seen the NXT as being the superior brand because there's less garbage thrown us and more actual wrestling.

• Brohoof 1

As far as the other rumored inductees for the HOF this year, I still say there are others who should go in before.

-Bam Bam Bigelow: Not taking anything away from his stellar career. But for the posthumous inductees, I say that there are others who I would like to see, such as Owen Hart, "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith, "Dr. Death" Steve Williams, Bruiser Brody, or Ivan Koloff.

-Ivory: Granted, she's a 3 time Woman's Champion, but for the female inductee, I still say that I prefer if they inducted either Miss Elizabeth, Sable, Chyna, or Bull Nakano first.

-The Dudley Boyz: Certainly innovative and are deserving. But what it what's wrong with Demolition, The Steiner Brothers or the Midnight Express before them. 

-Kid Rock: I say it's WAY to soon for him. Muhammad Ali, Cyndi Lauper, or Andy Kaufman would be FAR better choices. 

That's just how I feel though and these four are not official yet, but still.

• Brohoof 3

On 1/19/2018 at 1:53 PM, BrawnyCharger said:

-Bam Bam Bigelow: Not taking anything away from his stellar career. But for the posthumous inductees, I say that there are others who I would like to see, such as Owen Hart, "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith, "Dr. Death" Steve Williams, Bruiser Brody, or Ivan Koloff.

-Ivory: Granted, she's a 3 time Woman's Champion, but for the female inductee, I still say that I prefer if they inducted either Miss Elizabeth, Sable, Chyna, or Bull Nakano first.

-The Dudley Boyz: Certainly innovative and are deserving. But what it what's wrong with Demolition, The Steiner Brothers or the Midnight Express before them. 

-Kid Rock: I say it's WAY to soon for him. Muhammad Ali, Cyndi Lauper, or Andy Kaufman would be FAR better choices. 

The order in which they are inducted is not all that important, IMO.

Since, most of those wrestlers are likely to go into the Hall of Fame eventually, anyway.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

(edited)

So raw 25 was last night. Was it any good? Was there to much nostalgia? We're the revival sacrificed in the name of DX? Were the matches boring? Was Stephanie there? 

Edit:

Spoiler

Nevermind. By all accounts the show was beyond mediocre. Fans at the Manhatten center were pissed at how badly they were short changed. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

So raw 25 was last night. Was it any good? Was there to much nostalgia? We're the revival sacrificed in the name of DX? Were the matches boring? Was Stephanie there? 

Jerry "The King" Lawler & Jim Ross's reunion was a *huge* wasted opportunity, IMO.

I know they were supposed to represent the past but, the whole "two Monday Night Raw's" idea seemed very poorly thought out, IMO.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Jerry "The King" Lawler & Jim Ross's reunion was a *huge* wasted opportunity, IMO.

I know they were supposed to represent the past but, the whole "two Monday Night Raw's" idea seemed very poorly thought out, IMO.

Rumor has it they fell asleep during the broadcast. 

How long was this built up for? At least a month. They couldn't come up with a concrete plan in that span of time? No rough draft on how to split the shows evenly? No plan to bring fourth anything special other than nostalgia pops? 

Any plan to avoid this? 

• Brohoof 1

On 1/23/2018 at 3:57 PM, Denim&Venom said:

Rumor has it they fell asleep during the broadcast. 

How long was this built up for? At least a month. They couldn't come up with a concrete plan in that span of time? No rough draft on how to split the shows evenly? No plan to bring fourth anything special other than nostalgia pops? 

Any plan to avoid this? 

1. I saw a picture of JR & King looking like they were asleep on a different forum.

2. It feels like the only thing WWE plans for is to Roman Reigns main eventing WrestleMania's every year at this point. 

3. The Miz defeated Roman Reigns for the Intercontinental Championship to become an eight time champion. :lie:

4. IMO, the best way to avoid this would've been having Raw 25's celebration continue into Smackdown's broadcast.

That way, The Manhattan Center fans could've still felt like they were a part of the celebration.* *Just an idea. :please:

On 1/23/2018 at 4:20 PM, Azul Maya said:

The whole show was botched. It was like watching an after-party special. 

That's typical of most WWE "celebrations" in recent years, TBH.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

1. I saw a picture of JR & King looking like they were asleep on a different forum.

2. It feels like the only thing WWE plans for is Roman Reigns to main eventing WrestleMania's every year at this point. 

3. The Miz defeated Roman Reigns for the Intercontinental Championship to become an eight time champion. :lie:

4. IMO, the best way to avoid this would've been having Raw 25's celebration continue into Smackdown's broadcast.

That way, The Manhattan Center fans could've still felt like they were a part of the celebration.* *Just an idea. :please:

That's typical of most WWE "celebrations" in recent years, TBH.

They did a recap on SmackDown Live of Raw 25. The lulz was lulz. Raw 1000 was the perfect example of what a celebration looks like! 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Azul Maya said:

They did a recap on SmackDown Live of Raw 25. The lulz was lulz. Raw 1000 was the perfect example of what a celebration looks like! 

I bet the chaos was well edited though. :P

So the rumble is this weekend, and that gave me a fantasy booking idea.

If you could have one NJPW star * partake in the rumble, who would it be, why, and who would you like to see them brawl within the rumble?

*No Okada. He already has the top prize in wrestling. 

Conversely, if you could have one WWE guy compete in the G1 Climax, who would you have and why?

Frankly, I'd like to see Togi Makabe get involved. I think he'd benefit the most in a chaotic battle royal environment, getting good spots in like his turnbuckle punches and double lariats. Also, he's one of the least PG guys in the company, so I'll laugh my ass off when he flicks someone off while screaming "F:mellow:k you!" before decking them. I think he could have some good brawls with Rusev or Shamus. 

For the G1, I think Cesaro could have some fantastic matches against guys with solid fundamentals like Goto or Tanahashi, but he'd probably steal the tournament against Kota Ibushi. 

What about you? 

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

So the rumble is this weekend, and that gave me a fantasy booking idea.

If you could have one NJPW star * partake in the rumble, who would it be, why, and who would you like to see them brawl within the rumble?

*No Okada. He already has the top prize in wrestling. 

Conversely, if you could have one WWE guy compete in the G1 Climax, who would you have and why?

I'd like to see Tetsuya Naito enter the Royal Rumble since he *might* be the second most popular person in NJPW behind Okada &

I think he'd get cheered by the smarks.

As for who I'd like to see compete in the G1 Climax, I'd probably go with Seth Rollins since:

1. AJ Styles has already competed in the G1 Climax. :P

2. I think Seth could have great matches with people like Tanahashi, Naito & Kushida.

• Brohoof 1