Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

1 minute ago, Azul Maya said:

John Cena gonna win all the #RoyalRumble! :lol:

What else is new? :lol:

Seriously, I just don't want Roman Reigns to win & would be happy with *anyone* winning over him.

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Seriously, I just don't want Roman Reigns to win & would be happy with *anyone* winning over him.

Mate, I'm calling it right now...John Cena vs. Roman Reigns. #Prognostication :lol:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Azul Maya said:

Mate, I'm calling it right now...John Cena vs. Roman Reigns. #Prognostication :lol:

I thought it was going to be John Cena vs The Undertaker. #Sillyfanboyscrying :P

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I hate to burst your bubble, but it kinda looks like Roman is going to win the rumble, especially considering he dropped the IC title to the Miz on Raw. I'd like to see someone from Smackdown win it, considering that we've known that Roman will be facing Lesnar at 'Maina.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Penguinbrony2409 said:

I hate to burst your bubble, but it kinda looks like Roman is going to win the rumble,

Yeah, I know. :sunny:

I'd just like someone else to win the Royal Rumble this year since it's become more predictable in the last few years than its ever been, IMO.

22 hours ago, Penguinbrony2409 said:

but it kinda looks like Roman is going to win the rumble,

First the XFL 2.0, and now a repeat of the 2015 Rumble (a.k.a. what got the WWE Network nearly killed via sheer fan rage)?

...I read your book, Vince...

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

I would *really* like for Becky Lynch to get an underdog win in the Women's Royal Rumble but, I have a feeling either:

Spoiler

Asuka will win or Ronda Rousey will debut & win, with the latter being the thing I DO NOT WANT to happen. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, the two night New Beginning event has just shaken up the entire NJPW world.

Spoilers for the main events.

Spoiler

Minoru Suzuki just took the IC title off of Tanahashi via ref. stoppage.

Jay White just beat Omega to become the second ever U.S. Champ and even more shockingly, Kenny Omega is now out of the Bullet Club. What could be even more shocking than that?

How about being saved and reunited with Kota Ibushi?

The Royal Rumble has a a lot to live up to. 

Also I just realized soemthign absurd. 

Earlier today, we had a Canadian fighting a New Zealander in Japan for an American championship. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom

Hide contents

So, is there a rule in New Japan where they need to kick a gaijin out of the BC every time a new one shows up? :P

Or is Kenny Omega going to face Cody at the next big NJPW event?

Spoiler

Well to be fair, BC is like, 95% gaijin. That was the whole point. 

Not sure what will happen now. I presume they're gonna hold off the Golden Lovers reunion until either the 46th anniversary show, or until Strong Style Evolved. That's co-main event worthy. They may save Cody/Omega down the line, like Sakura Genesis or the New Japan cup. 

The next big event New Beginning in Osaka, and so far, it's not in the cards. 

• Brohoof 1

@Denim&Venom

Spoiler
42 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Well to be fair, BC is like, 95% gaijin. That was the whole point.

I honestly didn't know/forgot about that. :blush:

I'm just amazed at the amount of wrestlers that have both been in & been kicked out of BC in the years since it became a faction.

30 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom

Hide contents

I honestly didn't know/forgot about that. :blush:

I'm just amazed at the amount of wrestlers that have both been in & been kicked out of BC in the years since it became a faction.

Spoiler

Not so many. It's only been four.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom

I'm getting my major American Professional Wrestling factions mixed up (NWO & BC). ^_^

Yeah, nWo was all kinds of messed up in hindsight. I think the two groups only shared one member, Jeff Jarrett. And most fans don't even count that.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Yeah, nWo was all kinds of messed up in hindsight. I think the two groups only shared one member, Jeff Jarrett. And most fans don't even count that.

Was the NWO originally a Japanese faction or did I read incorrect information? 

I looked up the NWO on Wikipedia (:huh:) and it said the NWO originated in WCW

but, I swear I heard/read that Eric Bischoff stole the idea from Japanese wrestling.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Was the NWO originally a Japanese faction or did I read incorrect information? 

I looked up the NWO on Wikipedia (:huh:) and it said the NWO originated in WCW

but, I swear I heard/read that Eric Bischoff stole the idea from Japanese wrestling.

The idea for the nWo came from Japan. It was based on the UWF promotion invading New Japan and starting the first faction war in wrestling. It essentially sparked the idea of an outside invader being a threat to the company. So in a way, yeah. 

• Brohoof 1

My two main complaints about the nWo is that:

1. It didn't get the proper comeuppance at Starrcade 1997 by having the nWo guys ALL put over the WCW guys, and Hogan losing to Sting CLEANLY. And the faction dissolving shortly thereafter.

2. I felt it should have ONLY consisted of wrestlers who were made into stars by the WWF prior to the nWo invasion, instead of having those such as Bischoff and the Giant join.

2 minutes ago, BrawnyCharger said:

My two main complaints about the nWo is that:

1. It didn't get the proper comeuppance at Starrcade 1997 by having the nWo guys ALL put over the WCW guys, and Hogan losing to Sting CLEANLY. And the faction dissolving shortly thereafter.

2. I felt it should have ONLY consisted of wrestlers who were made into stars by the WWF prior to the nWo invasion, instead of having those such as Bischoff and the Giant join.

Personally I would've had it end at Bash at the Beach '98. nWo dies where it began. 

And not just no WCW guys, but no one on the corporate side. It's nWo, a separate entity, vs. WCW, not nWo, a sponsored faction vs other WCW wrestlers. But they saw dollar signs and opportunities to get people over, instead of using it as a long term storyline device. 

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I would *really* like for Becky Lynch to get an underdog win in the Women's Royal Rumble but, I have a feeling either:

Reveal hidden contents

Asuka will win or Ronda Rousey will debut & win, with the latter being the thing I DO NOT WANT to happen. 

Well... you're one and a half right

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Okay, before I watch the rumble, I want to know two things from all of you.

A. Did John Cena win?

B. Did roman reigns win?

Yes or no will suffice.

C

Neither won

And I'm very pleased with who did and the match we're getting from it

• Brohoof 1