Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I am watching an episode Ridiculousness with my dad. 

Starring Becky Lynch. 

I didn't know that show was still on the air. :wacko:

What is Becky Lych's role in the show? 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Guest star. Championship belt and all. 

That must've been recorded a while ago. :mlp_ooh:

Speaking of which, I don't think Becky really *needs* the title  anymore since, she's still getting pretty big reactions even without the championship. 

• Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

That must've been recorded a while ago. :mlp_ooh:

Speaking of which, I don't think Becky really *needs* the title  anymore since, she's still getting pretty big reactions even without the championship. 

By a while I guess you mean a few months. This wasn't from her first reign. 

Yeah, but the top draw should be champion. If the champ isn't the top draw, then you've screwed up some where. 

• Brohoof 2

38 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Yeah, but the top draw should be champion. If the champ isn't the top draw, then you've screwed up some where. 

It's a shame that one champion is never around & the other is entertaining but is on a show not many people care about. 

Raw is where BIG things happen & Smackdown is where you see the BIG things that happened on Raw only, with blue lights instead of red ones.  

6 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

It's a shame that one champion is never around & the other is entertaining but is on a show not many people care about. 

Raw is where BIG things happen & Smackdown is where you see the BIG things that happened on Raw only, with blue lights instead of red ones.  

They maybe hoping to change that. Fox isn't paying $1 billion for a recap show. 

4 hours ago, Thunderstrike said:

Finn Balor is now going to face Brock Lesnar at Royal Rumble. Thoughts?

Now I may not be watching raw but last I checked Lesnar was facing Strowman?

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Now I may not be watching raw but last I checked Lesnar was facing Strowman?

I thought Braun Strowman was out with an injury. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I thought Braun Strowman was out with an injury. 

I guess he still is. Word up till last night was that he'd be cleared by RR. But apparently he was written off last night. 

Kinda hoping now that Balor wins and the winner of the rumble challenges DB instead. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Kinda hoping now that Balor wins and the winner of the rumble challenges DB instead. 

It's still weird to me that the WWE Championship is on the "B show" & the Universal title is the main championship on Raw. 

Which makes me wonder, did the Universal Championship take over the WWE Championship in terms of importance in WWE's eyes?

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

It's still weird to me that the WWE Championship is on the "B show" & the Universal title is the main championship on Raw. 

Which makes me wonder, did the Universal Championship take over the WWE Championship in terms of importance in WWE's eyes?

Well they needed something to boost SD's prestige a little. But remember, belts are props in the -E. So it's not so much the caliber of the belt as the profile of the champ. And look at all but the first two universal champions. That is the belt for headliners and legends. WWE title is more the work horse title, as it should be when you think about it. This is how WWE is eating their cake and having it too. Besides, SD won't be the B show come October. 

Also update on Braun being pulled. It wasn't due to injury. It's because they don't want him loosing to Lesnar at the rumble and they don't have plans yet to put the belt on him so soon. Looks like he maybe winning the rumble instead and facing Brock at Mania. 

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Well they needed something to boost SD's prestige a little. But remember, belts are props in the -E. So it's not so much the caliber of the belt as the profile of the champ. And look at all but the first two universal champions. That is the belt for headliners and legends. WWE title is more the work horse title, as it should be when you think about it. This is how WWE is eating their cake and having it too. Besides, SD won't be the B show come October. 

Raw doesn't have "The Man" so, it's already the "B show", IMO.

10 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Also update on Braun being pulled. It wasn't due to injury. It's because they don't want him loosing to Lesnar at the rumble and they don't have plans yet to put the belt on him so soon. Looks like he maybe winning the rumble instead and facing Brock at Mania. 

I'm done caring if Braun wins the championship at the moment, TBH.

His "monster" aura is gone for me after he lost to one F5 when it took Brock numerous F5's to keep other wrestlers down.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

On 1/15/2019 at 11:50 AM, Denim&Venom said:

Besides, SD won't be the B show come October. 

I hope you're right.

I worry that Smackdown will be awesome/alright for their first month on Fox (That's me being generous.)

only, to fall back into their Raw recap routine following their first PPV under Fox's banner. 

5 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I hope you're right.

I worry that Smackdown will be awesome/alright for their first month on Fox (That's me being generous.)

only, to fall back into their Raw recap routine following their first PPV under Fox's banner. 

Hey, this a company that defied popular opinion and hosted crown jewel. They go to great lengths for their pay offs. Fox has huge expectations for SD. And if they aren't met, then they'll make wwe feel the hurt for it. 

• Brohoof 2

21 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Hey, this a company that defied popular opinion and hosted crown jewel. They go to great lengths for their pay offs. Fox has huge expectations for SD. And if they aren't met, then they'll make wwe feel the hurt for it. 

Not to mention the strong competition this year with AEW.

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

I see many a Simpsons spoof of WWE in their future. :o

I had a dream that NJPW were hosting an event at my school and I got watch Kushida def. Kenny Omega. My OC was even there. 

But then a bunch of bad guys showed up to try and steal all the classic wrestling belts they had on display, and their leader was a demonic parasite that forced itself onto a cat, which broke my OCS heart. 

So the NJPW guys made a distraction, challenging the crooks to a game of chance and skill, the rest of us chaneled the magic of friendship, I think, and combined it with my OCS priestess powers to expell the demon and save the kitty. And then the bad guy went "oh st:mellow:."

Apperently the show went on the next day with Hangman Page and his new manager Dutch 'Zeb Colter' Mantel to cut a promo on invading Britan's RPW fed.  

At the end of the day I retired to my room, and found out I was roomates with Tanahashi. 

The end! 

Hey, look what I found during the 2017 Royal Rumble. 

"Pwn-All-Apples" Hay Jay Stables! :mlp_yeehaa: 

Former Equestria Championship Wrestling Champion & master of "The Destabilizer"!  :mlp_icwudt:

So we all know AEW is gonna be having championships upon its founding. Probably the usual world heavyweight, women's and tag titles. 

But what will their mid-card title be? That's where we have more options on the table. Will they have a:

• U.S. / National championship?
  • A North American / IC belt? 
  • A TV title?
  • A stipulation belt like hardcore, iron man, or a rounds based / modified rules belt like the Impact Grand and ROH Pure wrestling titles? 
  • A Crusierweight/ Jr. Heavyweight belt?
  • A belt built around a concept like the X-division or NEVER openwieght championships?
  • A contenders belt, like Lucha Underground's gift of the gods or the MITB briefcase. 
  • Or perhaps the mid-card belt will actually be a tag variant like a trios championship or women's tag? 
  • Maybe AEW adopts an orphaned championship, like how NJPW had the old NWF heavyweight championship or AJPW took in the All Asia tag titles from the late PWF? 

So many possibilities, but what do you think we're gonna get or what should we get? 

• Brohoof 1

A TV title?

I haven't seen a TV title since the days of WCW.

I think that would be an excellent title to bring back if AEW got some sort of television or streaming deal as a way of keeping the "Anything can happen!"

aspect of wrestling alive.