Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

You sure you aren't confusing Flair with HHH? 

I could be. :ooh:

Do you think Roman Reigns will return to wrestling or do you think WWE will need to find a new "guy"?

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Do you think Roman Reigns will return to wrestling or do you think WWE will need to find a new "guy"?

Hey if Jushin Liger can wrestle a few months after getting a brain tumor cut out of his head, then Big Joe will be fine. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

Hey if Jushin Liger can wrestle a few months after getting a brain tumor cut out of his head, then Big Joe will be fine. 

Jushin Thunder Liger is immortal! I think his power comes from his wrestling gear. :o

3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Personally, I think that WWE needs to have a backup plan should anything go wrong. With Lesnar wanting to go back to MMA, that opens the door for someone. Who that will be, we just can't really say right now. I want it to be someone from NXT personally, like Tommaso Ciampa or Aleister Black.

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, Thunderstrike said:

Personally, I think that WWE needs to have a backup plan should anything go wrong. With Lesnar wanting to go back to MMA, that opens the door for someone. Who that will be, we just can't really say right now. I want it to be someone from NXT personally, like Tommaso Ciampa or Aleister Black.

I think they are on their back up plan with Seth, and that's only cause he was backed by H. It's very clear with the lack of use the bloated roster gets that Vince has tunnel vision and is only set to go Gung ho on a select few ideas. Like Mania 32, when half the roster was sidelined. Heck, there maybe plans in place, but Vinny scraps them last minute. Just look at the last Survivor Series. 

For there to be a back up plan, there needs to be an actual plan first. 

As for the next guy being an NXT guy? Not as long as Vince has a say. Rhoode should've been the guy. Balor should've been the guy. Aries should've been the guy. Joe should've been the guy. Owens or Zayn should've been the guy. 

If they've been under used, then what hope does anyone from DIY, Undisputed Era, Richochet, Dream or Black have?

• Brohoof 1

28 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

As for the next guy being an NXT guy? Not as long as Vince has a say. Rhoode should've been the guy. Balor should've been the guy. Aries should've been the guy. Joe should've been the guy. Owens or Zayn should've been the guy. 

I'm still sad Joe hasn't won the WWE Championship & become "the guy". :sunny:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

If I may comment on the report on the Hart Foundation going into the Hall of Fame this year, they will be inducting Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart and Jimmy Hart.  I wish that they would also include 1997 Hart Foundation members Owen Hart, British Bulldog and Brian Pillman. 

Now I understand that the issue regarding Owen is a sensitive one but regardless of that, he'd be a perfect fit for it had things not happened the way they did. As for Bulldog and Pillman I have no reason to see why they shouldn't go in as well. Maybe the WWE is planning individual inductions for them both, or they plan on inducting Davey Boy to go in with Dynamite as the British Bulldogs tag team.

As for Bret and Jimmy, They're both already in the WWE Hall of Fame, but then again Ric Flair got inducted twice as well. Once by himself and the second as a member of the Four Horsemen. I personally think more about if the individual is in or not, it's enough for me. But again, that's just my take.

Big news from the AEW ticket announcement pool party last night.

So for those too lazy to watch, AEW have signed: 

• Sunny Kiss (X.O. Licious from Lucha Underground)
  • Aja Kong
  • Yuka Sakazaki from Tokyo Joshi Pro-Wrestling
  • The Best Friends Chuck Taylor & Trent Barretta 
  • AAA Crusierweight champion Sammy Guevera 
  • The Lucha Brothers Rey Fenix & Pentagon Jr. 
  • Kylee Ray
  • 'American Kaiju' Nyla Rose
  • Jimmy Havoc

And to the surprise of no one

• Executive Vice President Kenny Omega

AEW have also announced a second partnership in addition to their one with OWE. Arguably the biggest fed in Mexico, AAA. Now this is interesting because AAA have deals with Impact & Lucha Underground and are arch-rivals to CMLL, who are partners with ROH and NJPW. Intentionally or not, AEW might be distancing themselves from that alliance, despite how established The Elite guys are over in those feds. 

It's also been revealed that there will be a big emphasis on tag team wrestling in AEW. Looking forward to how that magic will be worked.

And a few matches have finally been announced for Double Or Nothing:

• S.C.U. vs. Japanese legend CIMA & two mystery partners from OWE
  • Hangman Paige vs. Prince PAC

While unofficially announced matches that were set up:

• Omega vs. Jericho II
  • The Young Bucks vs. The Lucha Brothers

Lastly, pre-sale tickets have bow been released. But as of writing, it maybe too late to get any. As A. The ticket site has crashed. And B. Reports from Uncle Dave estimate that around 12 thousand of the 17 thousand seats in the MGM Grand Garden Arena have already been pre-ordered less than 24 hours from the release. Come the actual release this monday, we maybe looking at another sell out.

• Brohoof 1

Not only are the new entries cool to see but the card is also hype.

My main worry tho is how they're gonna handle their show on a weekly basis, even though they already had the neat idea to divide each division by different execs: Cody for the main division, Nick and Matt for the tag teams and Kenny for the women.

22 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

And to the surprise of no one

• Executive Vice President Kenny Omega

Hooray!  Now WWE fans can stop complaining about Kenny Omega signing & possibly being ruined on Raw or Smackdown. 

3 hours ago, Laurel Crown said:

Not only are the new entries cool to see but the card is also hype.

My main worry tho is how they're gonna handle their show on a weekly basis, even though they already had the neat idea to divide each division by different execs: Cody for the main division, Nick and Matt for the tag teams and Kenny for the women.

Chief Brandi Officer Brandi Rhodes is in charge of the ladies. 

And I'm guessing they're just gonna go the NXT/TNA/ROH route and just tape a months worth of shows in advance and air an hour of TV each Tuesday. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Chief Brandi Officer Brandi Rhodes is in charge of the ladies. 

And I'm guessing they're just gonna go the NXT/TNA/ROH route and just tape a months worth of shows in advance and air an hour of TV each Tuesday.

AEW's movin' right along, aren't they? :dash:

They've been able to accomplish in half the time what would usually take six months to a year or more for any other upstart promotion. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

36 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

AEW's movin' right along, aren't they? :dash:

They've been able to accomplish in half the time what would usually take six months to a year or more for any other upstart promotion. 

Social media and money do wonders for your business. 

• Brohoof 1

Cultaholic are doing something interesting here. Instead of just trying to beat whatculture in their list format videos, they've actually started on making these mini-docs on wrestling.

Check this one out. 

• Brohoof 1

So anypony take notice of the NXT main eventers suddenly appearing on Raw/SD? 

Ciampa, Gargano, Richochet and Black all being tossed into random matches with no build up and even teaming together with no regard to past rivalries, as if this idea was rushed into fruition. 

Well, that's because it was. The call to bring everyone in was the day before. Apperently Vince wanted the best guys from NXT to freshen up the main roster, fix ratings and combat AEW.

Thing is, he never told HHH. Vince basically went over his head and brought them all up himself. The two butted heads during Raw on how everyone was supposed to be handled. Rewrites to Raw's script were being done halfway through the broadcast. 

Now all four will be on the three shows. But raw and SD will proceed without acknowledging anything that is happening in NXT. 

So basically, NXT is no longer cannon. 

• Brohoof 1

So basically, NXT is no longer cannon. 

Good.

Maybe, now I won't be totally clueless as to who these new wrestlers are. :huh:

Well, that's because it was. The call to bring everyone in was the day before. Apperently Vince wanted the best guys from NXT to freshen up the main roster, fix ratings and combat AEW.

I thought WWE didn't care about ratings, rivalries or win/loss records. :-P

Ciampa, Gargano, Richochet and Black all being tossed into random matches with no build up and even teaming together with no regard to past rivalries, as if this idea was rushed into fruition. 

No wonder the fans didn't about them, you could hear a pin drop when Aleister Black made his entrance on Raw. >_>

I'm happy that Aleister's new wife Zelina Vega was in the opposing corner during his Smackdown debut.

That had to be a special moment for them. :mlp_rarity:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

21 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Maybe, now I won't be totally clueless as to who these new wrestlers are. :huh:

Oh you'll still be clueless. You just loose the benefit of going back and learning about them. Cause now all that past info no longer applies. Like how Gargano & Ciampa are in the middle of a three year long slow burn blood feud best buddies again. 

25 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I thought WWE didn't care about ratings, rivalries or win/loss records. :-P

Right, and Texas Red really quit WCW to become Mean Mark the magic mortician. 

26 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

No wonder the fans didn't about them, you could hear a pin drop when Aleister Black made his entrance on Raw. >_>

That and it was in the back water secondary market of Lafayette, LO. Chicago, St. Louis, Philadelphia, Toronto, San Antonio, Orlando, Charlotte. Any place that has actual wrestling fans would've been a better place to debut the guys that are supposed to carry the main event in the future. 

29 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm happy that Aleister's new wife Zelina Vega was in the opposing corner during his Smackdown debut.

That had to be a special moment for them. :mlp_rarity:

Totally forgot that Vega was still a manager. Never made that connection. Good catch. 

16 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Sounds like Vince sees AEW as a potential threat. 

Vince loving competition has been debunked so many times. He doesn't want people to think of WWE as a wrestling company, but as the concept of wrestling itself. A brand that transcends the sport. With WCW, and now AEW, WWE is not a prime time entertainment experience. It's just another wrestling company. 

Oh and money. WCW maybe gone, but VKM remembers how deep they cut into profits, even at WWE's peak of cultural relevance. WWE now has record highs in the stock market and is a serious bargaining chip in TV negotiations. AEW could make WWE work harder to maintain that, or worse, cause those TV execs and investors to look to AEW. 

In short, WWE is finally relevant to the business world. AEW can end that. 

• Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Oh you'll still be clueless. You just loose the benefit of going back and learning about them. Cause now all that past info no longer applies. Like how Gargano & Ciampa are in the middle of a three year long slow burn blood feud best buddies again. 

I know about their feud, I just don't care about them. :huh:

I did when they were teaming together but once they split I stopped caring.  

Right, and Texas Red really quit WCW to become Mean Mark the magic mortician. 

Just like Kevin Nash was Oz in WCW & later became a semi truck in WWF. :P 

Totally forgot that Vega was still a manager. Never made that connection. Good catch. 

Thanks! :D

Vince loving competition has been debunked so many times. He doesn't want people to think of WWE as a wrestling company, but as the concept of wrestling itself.

Good thing WCW was around otherwise, I would've followed that line of thinking. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I know about their feud, I just don't care about them. :huh:

I did when they were teaming together but once they split I stopped caring.  

You missed a bunch of good matches and character work then. We actually have a heel in Ciampa that the crowd unironically hates. 

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Good thing WCW was around otherwise, I would've followed that line of thinking. 

Nah. The NWA & ECW would've set you free. 

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

You missed a bunch of good matches and character work then. We actually have a heel in Ciampa that the crowd unironically hates. 

I did care about the Gargano/Ciampa matches at first, but they started becoming repetitive to me after a while.

Kinda like Styles/Nakamura or Styles/Cena, too much of a good thing happening too often.

8 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Nah. The NWA & ECW would've set you free. 

I barely remember anything that happened on ECW TV.

Edited by Sparklefan1234