Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Used to be a fan of WWE, but its overall quality has gone down the toilet, in terms of overall quality for both franchises. There's no consistency whatsoever, and it just looks and feels utterly repetitive and monotonous. I liked past WWE shows a lot better (back int he 90's at least IIRC).

4 minutes ago, Jon the VGNerd said:

Used to be a fan of WWE, but its overall quality has gone down the toilet, in terms of overall quality for both franchises. There's no consistency whatsoever, and it just looks and feels utterly repetitive and monotonous. I liked past WWE shows a lot better (back int he 90's at least IIRC).

Should give NXT a shot. That's got quality matches and intricate storylines.  Y'know, whenever Vince doesn't suddenly decide that his rosters are stale and gut the entire brands main event scene. 

Just now, Jon the VGNerd said:

@Denim&Venom I honestly didn't have any interest with NXT as it requires a subscription fee to watch the show, so no thank you. And I don't really do a free trial either.

There's always Dailymotion. 

But yeah, I only watch Smackdown, and even then it's only if the reviews are really good. 

I've got enough on my plate with Lucha Underground, New Japan and Ring Of Honor to keep me busy, not to mention plenty of good indies uploading stuff for free. 

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

There's always Dailymotion. 

But yeah, I only watch Smackdown, and even then it's only if the reviews are really good. 

I've got enough on my plate with Lucha Underground, New Japan and Ring Of Honor to keep me busy, not to mention plenty of good indies uploading stuff for free. 

Yeah, true. I stopped watching both RAW and SmackDown. Maybe it's just me, but I notice that their quality overall has gradually diminished, especially because the storylines have become seriously repetitive, and the heel-face/face-feel turns have been so predictable, there's no originality to it. I'm pretty sure even CM Punk walked out of WWE for obvious reasons too, and it seems he was right.

5 minutes ago, Jon the VGNerd said:

Yeah, true. I stopped watching both RAW and SmackDown. Maybe it's just me, but I notice that their quality overall has gradually diminished, especially because the storylines have become seriously repetitive, and the heel-face/face-feel turns have been so predictable, there's no originality to it. I'm pretty sure even CM Punk walked out of WWE for obvious reasons too, and it seems he was right.

The Cm Punk thing might not be as clear cut. Yes, he wasn't being utilized well and wasn't taken care of medically. But from the way he's been acting to all his former friends in the WWE, him being difficult to work with might not be simple PR spin.

WWE can have good matches, characters and rivalries. Just look at all the hype around Becky Lynch and Kofi Kingston. Both the Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber shows were good. It's just that they followed them up with weekly TV that's inconsistent at best and terrible at worst. And don't think you aren't alone, as ratings and attendance are down to historic levels. Big changes will need to be made for both the exclusive FOX deal in October and the debut of AEW. 

(edited)
56 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Y'know, whenever Vince doesn't suddenly decide that his rosters are stale and gut the entire brands main event scene. 

WWE Fan: Who's that? :maud:

NXT Fan: That's Ricochet! :pinkie:

WWE Fan: Oh. :maud: 

In my opinion, it would probably help if these "NXT showcases" were featured during a WWE PPV before randomly throwing them on

Raw/Smackdown as a way of introducing them to the main roster crowd.

No, I don't mean during the Royal Rumble because that barely gives you an idea of what these "rookies"

can do in the ring due to the structure of the match. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

WWE Fan: Who's that? :maud:

NXT Fan: That's Ricochet! :pinkie:

WWE Fan: Oh. :maud: 

In my opinion, it would probably help if these "NXT showcases" were featured during a WWE PPV before randomly throwing them on

Raw/Smackdown as a way of introducing them to the main roster crowd.

No, I don't mean during the Royal Rumble because that barely gives you an idea of what these "rookies"

can do in the ring due to the structure of the match. 

The wonders a promo package or a solid feud could do. And maybe more than 24 hours worth of planning. 

I don't think WWE gets that their developmental has a different demographic than their main roster. It almost feels like two seperate companies. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

The wonders a promo package or a solid feud could do. And maybe more than 24 hours worth of planning. 

We got  promo packages for Lars Sullivan & that's worked out *really* well. :muffins:

5 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I don't think WWE gets that their developmental has a different demographic than their main roster. It almost feels like two seperate companies. 

Triple H is playing logic games over on NXT. ;)

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Just received news that one of the all time greats of Japanese Wrestling, Jushin Thunder Liger (also known by his real name Keiji Yamada), has announced that he is going to retire at next years Wrestle Kingdom show. The years seem to finally come up to him, as he is going to turn 55 at the end of November this year.

Liger for his final year now plans to make some appearances in several different indy promotions worldwide, as some sort of farewell world tour, before having his last match in New Japan. He is planned for appearances in the UK and the Republic of Ireland.

I miss him already, as he is one of the most charismatic and entertaining wrestlers i have ever seen. Wrestled since the 80s in every possible promotion. WCW, TNA, ROH, All Japan, New Japan and even a one off with Tyler Breeze in WWE. Good bye Liger. :(

• Brohoof 1

It's been a downer week in wrestling lately between the passing of King Kong Bundy and knowing our time with Liger-sama is limited. I was on the fence about attending Global Wars in Chicago, but I just might go if it means seeing Jushin Thunder Liger for the first and last time. 

So let me brighten things up a little. 

funny pictures

I think we just found the new Mega Powers. 

*WWE RAW 3-11-19 Spoilers*

Spoiler

Kurt Angle announced that he will be competing in his "farewell match" at WrestleMania 35. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

On 3/11/2019 at 9:48 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

*WWE RAW 3-11-19 Spoilers*

Hide contents

Kurt Angle announced that he will be competing in his "farewell match" at WrestleMania 35. 

Spoiler

Rumor has it that it'll be against John Cena. Though personally I'd rather have Cena fight Joe for the US title. Then I'd have Angle fight The Undertaker. Give them both that mania match they deserved back at 22. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Rumor has it that it'll be against John Cena. Though personally I'd rather have Cena fight Joe for the US title. Then I'd have Angle fight The Undertaker. Give them both that mania match they deserved back at 22. 

Spoiler

Yeah. 

People seem to think it will be John Cena because Kurt Angle was his first major opponent. 

I think it'd be cool if everything came full circle. 

What about having Samoa Joe face Kurt Angle one last time? They had quite the rivalry, too. 

Hide contents

Yeah. 

People seem to think it will be John Cena because Kurt Angle was his first major opponent. 

I think it'd be cool if everything came full circle. 

What about having Samoa Joe face Kurt Angle one last time? They had quite the rivalry, too. 

Why are we spoilering everything? Raw was two days ago. 

I mean it'd be cool but they've done nothing to build it. The two being on separate brands doesn't help. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

Why are we spoilering everything? Raw was two days ago.

You put your comment in a spoiler tag so, I thought we were keeping that going. :-P

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I mean it'd be cool but they've done nothing to build it. The two being on separate brands doesn't help. 

It seems like they have Samoa Joe talk a good game but he's never able to back it up. A victory over Kurt Angle could be the BIG win he needs. 

8 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

The two being on separate brands doesn't help. 

That didn't stop Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels from putting on a classic at WrestleMania 21. 

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

You put your comment in a spoiler tag so, I thought we were keeping that going. :-P

It seems like they have Samoa Joe talk a good game but he's never able to back it up. A victory over Kurt Angle could be the BIG win he needs. 

That didn't stop Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels from putting on a classic at WrestleMania 21. 

It would. If they actually built to it. But judging by SD, it's not looking that way. It doesn't help that they've treated Kurt the same way. He's had one victory since Mania last year. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

It would. If they actually built to it. But judging by SD, it's not looking that way. It doesn't help that they've treated Kurt the same way. He's had one victory since Mania last year. 

Well, there goes that dream match. :sunny:

Speaking of "dream matches" I was pumped for the Raw Women's Championship match

but the story behind it has become so convoluted that I don't care about it anymore. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Well, there goes that dream match. :sunny:

Speaking of "dream matches" I was pumped for the Raw Women's Championship match

but the story behind it has become so convoluted that I don't care anymore. 

You're not the only one. This whole thing has really cooled off. Even Beck gave a few jabs at the absurdity of it all on SD. 

The only thing keeping everyone's interest in this match is that with everyone involved, it'll be a good one. 

Could very well be the best Mania triple threat since 20. Maybe it'll even rank up there with AJ/Joe/ Daniles or Omega/ Ibushi/Cody.

• Brohoof 1

You're not the only one. This whole thing has really cooled off. Even Beck gave a few jabs at the absurdity of it all on SD. 

The only thing keeping everyone's interest in this match is that with everyone involved, it'll be a good one. 

This whole situation feels like WWE's way of finally getting back control from the fans. 

Becky Lynch has been made to look like a fool (More than usual.) & it sounds (To me) like her crowd reactions are

getting quieter & quieter as the weeks roll on. 

1. Could very well be the best Mania triple threat since 20.

2. Maybe it'll even rank up there with AJ/Joe/ Daniels or Omega/ Ibushi/Cody.

1. That was a good match. 
  2. I need something to knock that match off of my "favorite match ever" pedestal.