Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Cruiserweight Divisions are pass'e.

TNA helped to destroy the concept of " The little guys are the high flyers." with their X-Division.* 

*It also helped burn me out on those types of wrestlers. 

What about New Japan's Jr. Heavyweights? 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

I don't watch enough of New Japan for the Jr. Heavyweight's to make an impact on me. 

You need to catch this years BOTSJ then." 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I guess I will. Maybe, I'll find a new wrestler to latch on to. 

There will be plenty to choose from. You might like Shingo Takagi or Taiji Ishimori. 

• Brohoof 1

Possible unpopular opinion:

Kofi Kingston is the absolute *best* option Smackdown has for a WWE Championship contender on their biggest show of the year, seriously? :confused:

What caused this sudden Kofi Kingston bandwagoning in the first place?* *I mean before all of the keep Kofi out of the main event storyline stuff.

I'm just not understanding this whole KofiMania thing since,

1. I have never been a fan of his. 
  2. A couple of months ago he was just 1/3 of The New Day & now he's the most popular male Superstar (Possibly) in WWE, at the moment. 

As far as the WWE Hall of Fame goes. Congrats to those who are going in. However I feel as though the WWE is cheating by having at least 3 2-time inducties with Shawn Michaels, Booker T, and Bret Hart. 

That said, if there were no restrictions on certain posthumous inductees and the WWE HOF is treated more like an overall Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame, I'd want these as inductees at some point, based on their merit:

• The Undertaker (Without question, most deserving)
  • The Rock (Again, no need to state why)
  • The Steiner Brothers (Clearly one of the greatest tag teams ever, in spite of Scott going crazy in recent years)
  • Brian Pillman (His work as Flyin Brian was fantastic.)
  • Davey Boy Smith (The greatest British wrestler ever, and a personal favorite)
  • Owen Hart (I understand Martha hates the WWE for his death, but is truly deserving of induction. Plus he was inducted into a different Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame a while back.)
  • Rick Martel (Often overlooked, but a great worker and a former co-holder of the tag belts. He was also a former AWA World Champion.)
  • Miss Elizabeth (I feel it's a shame that the WWE Hall of Fame is without the "First Lady of the WWE" and if Macho Man can get in, why not her?)
  • Jim Cornette (One of the greatest managers ever.)
  • Andy Kaufman (You can't have a Celebrity Wing of the HOF without Andy Kaufman, plus he did more in the ring than most other celebrity inductees)
  • Big Van Vader (Huge and agile, former WCW World Champion.)
  • King Kong Bundy (Part of the Rock N Wrestling era and main evented WrestleMania 2)
  • Demolition (Greatest WWE Tag Champs ever)
  • Mitsuharu Misawa (Highest ranked amongst non inductees on PWI Top 500 greatest of all time.)
  • Ray Stevens (One of the best of his era. Been on several tag teams.)
  • Brohoof 2

On March 27, 2019 at 8:05 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Possible unpopular opinion:

Kofi Kingston is the absolute *best* option Smackdown has for a WWE Championship contender on their biggest show of the year, seriously? :confused:

What caused this sudden Kofi Kingston bandwagoning in the first place?* *I mean before all of the keep Kofi out of the main event storyline stuff.

I'm just not understanding this whole KofiMania thing since,

1. I have never been a fan of his. 
  2. A couple of months ago he was just 1/3 of The New Day & now he's the most popular male Superstar (Possibly) in WWE, at the moment. 

He was almost in the main event back in '08. Had quite the feud with Orton that finally broke him of his Jamican stereotype gimmick. Unfortunately, Randal had a hissy fit and put the kabosh on it. 

I Mean why not Kofi? He's been loyal, put in the work, a sold athlete, his work in the new day proves that he's got charisma and he's a naturally likable good guy. Fans knew he could carry the torch. He just hasn't been given it. His performances in both gauntlet matches and one of the best elimation chambers in a long time have reafirmed that. 

And really, who else is there? That spot was supposed to go to Mustafa Ali, and that would've been way too soon for him to be the top face of SD. AJ has had his time. The Miz just turned face. Joe wouldn't have been credible given his W/L record. Rusev missed his chance. Nakamura is still a heel. Randy is boring. And Jeff doesn't have the star power he used to. 

They caught a break with making Kofi a valiant underdog. He's got the good will with the fans and put enough time in to prove he's earned it. 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

He was almost in the main event back in '08. Had quite the feud with Orton that finally broke him of his Jamican stereotype gimmick. Unfortunately, Randal had a hissy fit and put the kabosh on it. 

I Mean why not Kofi? He's been loyal, put in the work, a sold athlete, his work in the new day proves that he's got charisma and he's a naturally likable good guy. Fans knew he could carry the torch. He just hasn't been given it. His performances in both gauntlet matches and one of the best elimation chambers in a long time have reafirmed that. 

And really, who else is there? That spot was supposed to go to Mustafa Ali, and that would've been way too soon for him to be the top face of SD. AJ has had his time. The Miz just turned face. Joe wouldn't have been credible given his W/L record. Rusev missed his chance. Nakamura is still a heel. Randy is boring. And Jeff doesn't have the star power he used to. 

They caught a break with making Kofi a valiant underdog. He's got the good will with the fans and put enough time in to prove he's earned it. 

Yeah, you're right. 

I do think Big E Langston looks more like a main event player, though. 

• Brohoof 1

So if you're gonna be in NYC during WrestleMania weekend like I am, there's gonna be a lot going down besides the Raw after 'Mania kick off show. 

And here's a sampling of all the wrestling goodness that's balcony diving right into Manehatten. 

I've got tickets to all 4 of the wrestlecon shows plus the RevPro event. Pretty easy to get to since I'm staying at the hotel they're being held in. I'm gonna try and make the wXw and Evolve shows, since they're being held back to back in the same building. I'm also gonna go out of my way to make the House of Glory show. Why? Because it has Low Ki and LAX vs. Taijiri, Pentagon Jr. and The Great Muta. 

All of that on top of G1 Supercard live from the house that McMahon built then subsequently got kicked out of for having an affair with the Barclay's center Madison Square Garden. 

It's gonna be a busy week, so don't expect to hear much from me. 

On 3/30/2019 at 8:27 PM, Denim&Venom said:

Check it out. The greatest rivalry in wrestling.

WhatCulture vs. Bullet Club

I do not get why Whatculture would antagonize Tama Tonga. I know it's part of some convoluted storyline, but I just don't get this rivalry between them.

22 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Be like Tempest, and open up your eyes.

WWE's Championship belts are made of chocolate! :pinkie:

Stephanie McMahon is an automaton. :yeahno:

Triple H stands for "Hey, Hulk Hogan!". :mlp_yay:

John Cena is an apparition. :sealed:

"Planet Stasiak" is officially recognized by NASA as part of the solar system. :o

On 3/31/2019 at 9:40 AM, Denim&Venom said:

I've got tickets to all 4 of the wrestlecon shows plus the RevPro event. Pretty easy to get to since I'm staying at the hotel they're being held in. I'm gonna try and make the wXw and Evolve shows, since they're being held back to back in the same building. I'm also gonna go out of my way to make the House of Glory show. Why? Because it has Low Ki and LAX vs. Taijiri, Pentagon Jr. and The Great Muta. 

All of that on top of G1 Supercard live from the house that McMahon built then subsequently got kicked out of for having an affair with the Barclay's center Madison Square Garden. 

It's gonna be a busy week, so don't expect to hear much from me. 

I hope you have an AWESOME time with that wrestling overload, DV! :pinkie:

I hope you have an AWESOME time with that wrestling overload, DV! :pinkie:

Thanks. I hope I have an awesome time too. 

If you're watching Saturday, I'll try to be wearing this:

See the source image

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

As brutal as this is, it is very relevant. 

WWE vs. John Oliver. 

WWE sent a "rebuttal" to John Oliver's report. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/wwe-hits-back-john-olivers-last-week-tonight-wrestling-takedown-1198510

Edited by Sparklefan1234

48 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

A rebuttal isn't exactly the same as proving them wrong. 

Oh, I'm sorry. :blush:

I'm sure other people have said the exact same things about WWE that John Oliver did but this is one of the first times

I've seen WWE send a letter to a show like this.

I'm also pretty confident that WWE will never change their year round schedule since, they would lose out on a lot of money. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh, I'm sorry. :blush:

I'm sure other people have said the exact same things about WWE that John Oliver did but this is one of the first times

I've seen WWE send a letter to a show like this.

I'm also pretty confident that WWE will never change their year round schedule since, they would lose out on a lot of money. 

There doesn't even need to be an off season. Just rotate the rosters. Even a two weeks on, week off format would do wonders. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

There doesn't even need to be an off season. Just rotate the rosters. Even a two weeks on, week off format would do wonders. 

Vince McMahon cackles at your completely logical idea. 

Vince McMahon cackles at your completely logical idea. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the XFL just maybe our savior. 

Also, scratch the last t-shirt I mentioned. I can't find it. It's probably bagged down in the basement waiting to be washed next month. 

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the XFL just maybe our savior. 

1. Triple H could help with the creative aspect.
  2. I've heard Stephanie McMahon is a lot like her father. I don't know how much better things could get for WWE if that's the case.