Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

19 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

1. Triple H could help with the creative aspect.
  2. I've heard Stephanie McMahon is a lot like her father. I don't know how much better things could get for WWE if that's the case. 

Being someone who's also been through the road wringer may allow him to be more sympathetic. He could probably leverage that. While Steph will have power, I imagine it'll still be hunter who wears the pants. The both of them will be under even more scrutiny when VKM leaves, and he'll have to if he want's the XFL not to flop a second time. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
50 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

The both of them will be under even more scrutiny when VKM leaves, and he'll have to if he want's the XFL not to flop a second time. 

How much longer do you think WWE will live after Vince McMahon passes on? I give it five years & that's being optimistic. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

6 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

How much longer do you think WWE will live after Vince McMahon passes on? I give it five years & that's being optimistic. 

Oh its practically an institution. There's enough of a demand to keep it around. If Impact and ROH can survive this long without their original founders, then WWE will endure for a very long time. It isn't anywhere near financial instability. Heck, it may actually help business. NJPW didn't experience record growth until years after Inoki left. 

• Brohoof 1

So, finally got through the New Japan Cup. Two weeks behind schedule but that's what happens when you double the field of the damn thing.

Okada won this years rendition for the second time. Makes sense. New Japan needs their top guy to headline MSG. But one thing I've noticed is that this cup seemed more to strengthen the midcard. 

Look at the guys who advanced. Chase Owens got bumped up from Bullet Club B team to U.S. Title contender with a relativly clean elimination of Juice Robinson. 

Colt Cabanna made it to the quarter finals with wins over Makabe and Yano. 

Will Osprey was positioned as a giant killer after beating out Fale and giving Lance Archer the best singles match of his career. 

Ishii is still a bad ass. 

ZSJ continued his reign of dominance, tieing the record for longest undefeated streak in NJC history. 

And of course Sanada was positioned closer to the main event with epic performences across the board making it to the final. Lots of guys in the field got a bigger rub than Okada. 

Heck, even in defeat, guys like Elgin, Nagata, Umino and Nakanishi looked good. Big, late 40s, 260 lbs strongman Nakinishi was even doing planchas and diving cross bodies. He deserved to advance over Yoshi freaking Hashi (who performed well but his opponents could've used the rub more than him. Hashi's got potential, but is inconsistent.)

One notable match I'd like to point out not so much for epic action but something to look back on is first round Tanahashi vs Young lion Shota Umino. This was the biggest match of young Shota's career fighting the ace. And he is showing a ton of potential. He even put the ace in a cloverleaf that looked better than Tana's. I wouldn't be surprised if that's a future finisher. Njpw have him earmarked for big things.

And the best part? Shota's first NJC match was reffed by his own dad, Red shoes Umino. That mustve been a special moment for father & son. 

Matches of the tournament are Osprey/ Archer, Sanada/ Suzuki, and Ishii/ Okada. Go watch them. 

On 3/29/2019 at 1:05 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Yeah, you're right. 

I do think Big E Langston looks more like a main event player, though. 

I think he can still get there. But i guess vinny liking big sweaty men is just a myth. Just ask Braun. 

On 3/28/2019 at 8:42 PM, BrawnyCharger said:

As far as the WWE Hall of Fame goes. Congrats to those who are going in. However I feel as though the WWE is cheating by having at least 3 2-time inducties with Shawn Michaels, Booker T, and Bret Hart. 

That said, if there were no restrictions on certain posthumous inductees and the WWE HOF is treated more like an overall Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame, I'd want these as inductees at some point, based on their merit:

• The Undertaker (Without question, most deserving)
  • The Rock (Again, no need to state why)
  • The Steiner Brothers (Clearly one of the greatest tag teams ever, in spite of Scott going crazy in recent years)
  • Brian Pillman (His work as Flyin Brian was fantastic.)
  • Davey Boy Smith (The greatest British wrestler ever, and a personal favorite)
  • Owen Hart (I understand Martha hates the WWE for his death, but is truly deserving of induction. Plus he was inducted into a different Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame a while back.)
  • Rick Martel (Often overlooked, but a great worker and a former co-holder of the tag belts. He was also a former AWA World Champion.)
  • Miss Elizabeth (I feel it's a shame that the WWE Hall of Fame is without the "First Lady of the WWE" and if Macho Man can get in, why not her?)
  • Jim Cornette (One of the greatest managers ever.)
  • Andy Kaufman (You can't have a Celebrity Wing of the HOF without Andy Kaufman, plus he did more in the ring than most other celebrity inductees)
  • Big Van Vader (Huge and agile, former WCW World Champion.)
  • King Kong Bundy (Part of the Rock N Wrestling era and main evented WrestleMania 2)
  • Demolition (Greatest WWE Tag Champs ever)
  • Mitsuharu Misawa (Highest ranked amongst non inductees on PWI Top 500 greatest of all time.)
  • Ray Stevens (One of the best of his era. Been on several tag teams.)

Might as well throw in:

• Jushin 'thunder' liger- greatest jr. Ever. 
  • Riki Chosu- invented the sharp shooter
  • The great muta- Japan's most famous wrestler
  • Giant baba- Japan's answer to Andre, founder of AJPW. The Vince McMahon of Japan he was called. 
  • Tazz- put ECW on the map. Did commentary. 
  • Dean Malenko. Invented the cloverleaf. Technical core of ECW. 
  • Jerry Lynn- critically acclaimed matches w/ Rvd. One of the few who first bridged the gap beween high flying and chain wrestling. 
  • Celebrity wing nominations go to Alice Cooper for his WM3 moment and Lemmy Killmister/ Motorhead for all their musical contributions to WWE. C'mon Trips make it happen. They arent even in the Rock'n roll Hof yet. 

And so begins my wrestling packed weekend. Im off first to see a double feature of Evolve and wXw. After that its wrestlecon: U.S. vs. The world.

And Bryan Zane from WWW just walked past.

• Brohoof 1

First of many photos

Starting with a WWN title match.

20190404_133142.jpg

20190404_135204.thumb.jpg.b158b207fd47bc61f1e0a97d50f1cf9d.jpg

Moonlight Express vs. The unwanted.

20190404_135927.jpg

Kyle O'Reilly

20190404_141618.thumb.jpg.b30a059768d9d4e3aea1791ca700e0d5.jpg

Him vs. Austin Theory was pretty good. Strong and Fish even did a run in.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
4 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

And Bryan Zane from WWW just walked past.

Awesome! I just watched his WrestleMania 20 review & he hated Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg. :angry:

Man, that's already A LOT of wrestling in just a few hours. :o I hope you're having an AMAZING time, My Friend! :-D

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Awesome! I just watched his WrestleMania 20 review & he hated Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg. :angry:

Man, that's already A LOT of wrestling in just a few hours. :o I hope you're having an AMAZING time, My Friend! :-D

The ring announcer is literally standing in front of me. Im arms length from the steps. And yes, they are solid steel.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

The ring announcer is literally standing in front of me. Im arms length from the steps. And yes, they are solid steel.

That entrance way is old school...I love it! :-D

Have fun watching wrestling up close! :o

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

That entrance way is old school...I love it! :-D

Have fun watching wrestling up close! :o

Good show. Motn goes to the work horse men vs. Aussie open. Watch it if you can. 

Now im rushing to get to the wrestlecon show.

20190404_170642.jpg

20190404_174157.jpg

20190404_162930.jpg

20190404_174819.jpg

20190404_165146.jpg

20190404_163809.jpg

20190404_170917.jpg

20190404_173808.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Wrestlecon show #1 has been a treat.

So far We got:

• Eddie Kingston vs. Masato Tanaka
  • Penta vs. Fenix
  • LAX &Sammy Guevata vs. Samantha Heights , Puma King, DJZ & Tajiri
  • The Revolt vs. X-Pac, The Hurricane & Jushin Thunder Liger 

i walked by Will Osprey and i think Tanaka.

• Barbarro Cavernario vs. Dragon Lee
  • Robbie Eagles vs. Flamita vs. ( didnt catch the 3rd guy) 
  • Shane 'Killshot' Strickland vs. Zack Sabre Jr. 
  • SCU vs. Best Friends & Orange Cassidy
  • Bandito vs. Osprey

20190404_224500.jpg

20190404_220117.jpg

20190404_213036.jpg

IMG_20190404_193133.jpg

IMG_20190404_194112.jpg

IMG_20190404_200313.jpg

IMG_20190404_203431.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Wrestlecon show #2. Posting as it happens.

• wXw shotgun champ. Emil Satoci vs. Bryan Pillman Jr. 
  • MJF vs. Ethan Page (in a half match, half promo, half sing along.)
  • David Starr vs. Daga
  • Darby Allen vs. Taurus
  • Jiro 'ikeman' Kurushino vs. X-division champ. Rich Swan
  • The rascalz vs. Auatailian suicide & Robbie Eagles (didnt catch the 3rd guy)
  • LAX vs. The Hart Foundation (Teddy Hart & Davey Boy Smith Jr)
  • Sammy Guevera vs. Puma King (in a match that was half Youtube ad, half middle fingers and dong jokes) 
  • Brian Cage vs. Masato Tanaka

20190405_115216.jpg

20190405_123904.jpg

20190405_120621.jpg

20190405_114920.jpg

20190405_121732.jpg

20190405_123859.jpg

20190405_125142.jpg

20190405_123838.jpg

20190405_121853.jpg

20190405_113753.jpg

20190405_113818.jpg

20190405_115212.jpg

20190405_112822.jpg

And i just discovered the con part of wrestlecon. Im thinking of having wrestlers pose w/ my pony beanie plush. Imagine Dan Severn, TAKA Michinoku or Johnny Mundo holding a little pony plush. 

And holy crap, the Iron Sheik just rolled by.

Scott Steiner just walked by.

The IWGP Jr. Tag champs Sho & Yoh just walked by.

56 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

And i just discovered the con part of wrestlecon. Im thinking of having wrestlers pose w/ my pony beanie plush. Imagine Dan Severn, TAKA Michinoku or Johnny Mundo holding a little pony plush. 

It would gain The Beast's power & grow an awesome mustache! :o:mustache:

• Brohoof 1

So the Joey Ryan Phallus festival just happened. It was a thing. That happened. I don't even know if I could post half the stuff I've seen with out it getting flagged.

But here's what went down. 

• A six way lucha match won by Ultimo Dragon.
  • Su Young vs. Tracy Smothers in 2019
  • A death match between the members of team tremendous. There was barbed wire bats, staple gus, stake skewers and a table coated in mouse traps.
  • Timothy  Thatcher vs. David Arquette
  • Lucha Bro's vs. Taya Valkerie and Johnny Penis (yes that was his name)
  • Best Friends and Matt Striker vs. Dreamer, Cabanna and a guy named Hanson w/ special guest ref. Jerry Lynn
  • Twisted Sisters vs. Allie Demon Bunnie and Rosemary.
  • A DDT battle royal for the Ironman heavymetalweight championship, which was won by Yoshihiko. 
  • Joey Ryan, Sexy Eddy and Val Venis vs. Scarlet Bordeaux, Pricella Kelly and Session Moth Martina. 

It was lewd. It was absurd. It would make Jim Cornette crap out a lung if he watched it.  

The look of abject horror on that last one pretty much somes up the show. 

IMG_20190405_231556.jpg

IMG_20190405_230101_panorama.jpg

IMG_20190405_221635.jpg

IMG_20190405_223017.jpg

IMG_20190405_230959.jpg

IMG_20190405_222433.jpg

So i had to skip out on the third wrestlecon show in order to make house of glory. Having 4 Lyfts cancel on you cause a parade messed w/ traffic doesnt help. 

Though good news is i made the show on time. 

And i got to meet Stan Hanson & JJ Dillon. 

• Brohoof 1

House of glory pics inbound. Staff were nice. Venue sucked. Decent event. Even had a CZW invasion. Sadly we didnt get Fenix vs. Amazing Red. More on that in a separate post. 

Everybody came to see one thing. 

20190406_171956.jpg

20190406_152951.jpg

20190406_152613.jpg

20190406_151910.jpg

20190406_151754.jpg

20190406_151658.jpg

20190406_152946.jpg

• Brohoof 1