Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Good lord he's like a twisted Ted DiBiase

It's funny that you say that, because they used to be a Tag Team and where even Tag Team Champs.

• Brohoof 1

I like Reigns, but he's just not ready yet, so Lesnar all the way!

No kidding. I think that Reigns, the human atleast, is very cool guy. But he's just not ready to carry the company on his shoulders. The last months showed clearly, that they try to make the next John Cena/Hulk Hogan/Rock/Steve Austin/Bruno Sammartino out of him. The problem is, he dosen't have the charisma, even Cena has more charisma then him.

Let Lesnar retain the title and maybe even try to put the belt on him for another year, for Wrestlemania 32. Lesnar is supposed to be an unstoppable monster, who beat the Undertaker at his event. Just letting Roman win against him, cleanly 1, 2, 3 would not look realistic.

But i fear Reigns wins anyway and Mania will end with choir of boos from almost 70.000 people.

But i fear Reigns wins anyway and Mania will end with choir of boos from almost 70.000 people.

And WWE will subsequently lose more revenue, because Vince is an unpragmatic @$$ who's willing to lose $1 billion just to prove himself right.

Not knocking Lesnar or anything but there's something I don't get

Early 2014 he suddenly returns, curbstomps Big Show, ends the Streak, and curbstomps Cena

I just don't get why

And WWE will subsequently lose more revenue, because Vince is an unpragmatic @$$ who's willing to lose $1 billion just to prove himself right.

I remember him saying something, in 2006 like "You don't like what you like." I don't if i was for real or if it was just for show, but that's the wrong way to go.

The fans made this company big and if we have to endure a top babyface for the next 10 years, try to make him likeable and be good on the mic, or else we will have the same dilemma like we had with Cena.

Not knocking Lesnar or anything but there's something I don't get

Early 2014 he suddenly returns, curbstomps Big Show, ends the Streak, and curbstomps Cena

I just don't get why

Lesnar is a legit Fighter. He was UFC heavyweight champ in the past, a title that you can really earn.

It made kind of sense that he destroys everything in his path, because the mindset here is "a legit fighter, will have no problem with these fake wrestlers."

Undertaker is a big fan of the UFC and he thought it would make sense, to make Brock win against him.

Lesnar is a legit Fighter. He was UFC heavyweight champ in the past, a title that you can really earn.

It made kind of sense that he destroys everything in his path, because the mindset here is "a legit fighter, will have no problem with these fake wrestlers."

Undertaker is a big fan of the UFC and he thought it would make sense, to make Brock win against him.

Again I'm not knocking Lesnar or anything, I've seen his UFC fights and he's legit good

I just don't think he was the right guy to end the Streak, y'know?

Then again, I noticed Taker didn't use Lesnar's one weakness; steel

Since it's Wrestlemania week, do you guys have any sort of favorite Wrestlemania matches?

One of my favorite matches is Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rr0s4Lkmb8

Both of them weren't really considered the greatest wrestlers, but they really pulled all the stops on this match and the buildup was just magnificent.

Fun Fact: Giant Gonzales (or El Gigante how he was known in WCW) was supposed to be the Yeti at Halloween Havoc 95. But he wasn't at the show, so they just put another giant in a Mummy costume.

This was a true dream match. I was 12 when this match happend and i think i never marked out more, then i did here. I was actually one of the few guys, who was on Rockys site. :P

One of the most underrated WM matches imo

Underrated? It was awarded match of the year 1987, by Dave Meltzer. Most people who know about Wrestling history, know that it's a classic of 80s Wrestling.

• Brohoof 1

Since it's Wrestlemania week, do you guys have any sort of favorite Wrestlemania matches?

This occurred before I was a wrestling fan, but one I would say is the Submission Match between Bret Hart and Stone Cold.

This was the match that stirred the popularity of Stone Cold Steve Austin and possibly the greatest double-turn of all-time. What made the turn so great was by how subtle they were. Bret slowly acted like a villain during the match, which became final after Bret tried to assault SG ref Ken Shamrock. SCSA proved how great a wrestler he was and never gave up.

Also, this was a match where the bloodbath worked. One criticism of the Attitude and RA Eras was how often wrestlers bled. Back in 1997, the WWE was still in the PG Era and struggling mightily. Blading was really rare for the WWE back then, but both wrestlers acted like they legitimately hated each other. With the Submission Match being brutal, seeing the blood worked. How? Because it enforced the story and done at the right time.

SB Nation's Cageside Seats has a really brilliant analysis of the match here. The author describes not just the story and wrestling moves themselves, but also the production during the match like the commentary and camerawork.

• Brohoof 2

This occurred before I was a wrestling fan, but one I would say is the Submission Match between Bret Hart and Stone Cold.

That match has one of my favourite promos ever

"Ever since you came back, you ain't done nothin' but cry!"

This was the match that stirred the popularity of Stone Cold Steve Austin and possibly the greatest double-turn of all-time. What made the turn so great was by how subtle they were. Bret slowly acted like a villain during the match, which became final after Bret tried to assault SG ref Ken Shamrock. SCSA proved how great a wrestler he was and never gave up.

Also, this was a match where the bloodbath worked. One criticism of the Attitude and RA Eras was how often wrestlers bled. Back in 1997, the WWE was still in the PG Era and struggling mightily. Blading was really rare for the WWE back then, but both wrestlers acted like they legitimately hated each other. With the Submission Match being brutal, seeing the blood worked. How? Because it enforced the story and done at the right time.

SB Nation's Cageside Seats has a really brilliant analysis of the match here. The author describes not just the story and wrestling moves themselves, but also the production during the match like the commentary and camerawork.

I love, love, love, LOVE this match.

It really didn't feel like one of those WWE/Sports entertainment matches, that you saw alot at the time and that you see too much today. It was more like an old-school, 80s, NWA, Mid south match. So much blood and violence and it was real. The people where really into it.

It also made sense making Ken Shamrock the Referee, since he comes from a Shootfighting background, he was a former UFC champion (which at that time was incredibly small) and he knows alot about submissions.

If it wasn't for this match, Wrestlemania 13 would have been very meh.

That match has one of my favourite promos ever

"Ever since you came back, you ain't done nothin' but cry!"

"If you put the letter S infront of Hitman, you got my exact opinion of Bret Hart."

• Brohoof 1

Predictable opinion, but as far as favorite Wrestlemania Matches, nothing will ever top the string of matches between the Undertaker and Shawn Michaels/HHH, though Shawn Michaels vs Ric Flair, Taker vs Punk, and Rock vs Hogan come close

Found this vid on the youtube channel of WWE. Wrestlemania 1-29 in 60 seconds

Have fun, if you haven't watched it yet.

What are your thoughts on the Hall of Fame picks this years?

I will give a quick run down and a short comment on them.

Macho Man Randy Savage

macho-man-randy-savage-1_crop_north.jpg

Do i need to say anything? He was one of the greatest all around performers that ever lived. His matches against Steamboat and Flair are legendary and not alot where as ingenius on the mic as him. He deserves it. RIP

Arnold Schwarzenegger

gty_arnold_schwarzenegger_jt_130302_wblo

With celebrities, it's always the question "did they do enough, to make wrestling what it is today?" In Arnolds case, it is. He was a good friend of Bruno Sammartino during his Bodybuilding years, he made alot of appearances in the WWE, most notably that one Smackdown edition in 99, where he beat the piss out of Hunter and of course, he's a good friend of Hunter. I think he deserves it, but opinion may differ.

Rikishi (Solofa Fatu Jr.)

Rikishi1.jpg

Rikishi comes from a very big Samoan Wrestling and pretty much all of them wrestled in the WWE at one time. He was a cool guy during his 2000 run and was very entertaining together with Too Cool (Scotty 2 Hotty and Grand Master Sexay.) But i don't think that he really deserves to be in it. He didn't leave a real mark on the business, other then saying "I did it....for the people. I did it....for The Rock." That's a no for me.

The Bushwhackers

25.jpg

I never liked them in WWE. I never could take them seriously and i hated their gimmicks. Now, when it comes to their time in Stampede Wrestling in Canada, they where really tough guys and made a few good matches. Still, i don't know what they should do here.

Alundra Blayze

Alundra-Blayze-former-wwe-divas-36006009

She brought the womens division back in the WWE, during the mid 90s. She was by far the most talented Women during that time, but she was a real inspiration for all women wrestlers and if it wasn't for her, we probably wouldn't have had Lita or Trish Stratus in the WWE. Also, who can forget her controversial appearance on Nitro, when she threw the womens title in the trash? She gets a yes from me.

Larry Zbyszko

Larry_Zbyszko_-_Larry_Whistler_04.jpg

Most people remember him as an announcer, in WCW. But he had a very big feud with his Mentor Bruno Sammartino at the beginning of the 80s. I must admit, i didn't watch alot of Zbyszko matches, but i think the induction goes okay.

Tatsumi Fujinami

TatsuFujiWCW.png

He is the biggest surprise for me, but a nice one. He was the inventor of the Dragon Sleeper and the Dragon Suplex, because his nickname was "the dragon" long before Ricky Steamboat. He was the first and only guy, to be the IWGP and NWA champion, winning against Ric Flair in the Tokyo Dome. Since then, he is considered a hero in Japan. His induction is great.

Kevin Nash

Nash.jpg

He is probably responsible for some of the most famous and infamous things in Wrestling. He was the longest running WWF champ of the 90s and he was part of the NWO in WCW. Does he deserve it? That's tough, because he wasn't really a good wrestler. But i think he is a very funny guy and is very smart, which most people don't think. I stay neutral on this.

Edited by Hypnosparkle
  • Brohoof 2