Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

@,

it doesn't help that this has been a horrendous year for injuries.  

Daniel Bryan Danielson, Hideo Itami, Sami Zayn, Randy Orton, Sting, Seth Rollins, Cesaro, and for some reason Cena too. 

WWE has no back up plan. And sorry to sound like a broken record, but they aren't listening to their customers either. The audience is not backing Roman Reigns as the next guy. And Sheamus's reception as champ is very lukewarm. He's not even being hated. People are just 'meh' about him. This, is our main event title picture. 

Edited by Denim&Venom

@,

it doesn't help that this has been a horrendous year for injuries.  

Daniel Bryan Danielson, Hideo Itami, Sami Zayn, Randy Orton, Sting, Seth Rollins, Cesaro, and for some reason Cena too.

WWE has no back up plan. And sorry to sound like a broken record, but they aren't listening to their customers either. The audience is not backing Roman Reigns as the next guy. And Sheamus's reception as champ is very lukewarm. He's not even being hated. People are just 'meh' about him. This, is our main event title picture. 

The big question now is, who will be in the main event of wrestlemania? Currently, Sheamus is our champ and he is not a believable title contender. Cena probably comes back in the new year, maybe earlier if Vince is desperate. Roman is feuding with Sheamus and i see him winning the title back at the Royal Rumble and i think the winner of the Royal Rumble will be Cena for the 3rd time, tieing the record with Stone Cold Steve Austin.

This is the scenario that will happen, eventhough it completly sucks and the idea that they want to fill Texas Stadium with that gives me the shivers.

• Brohoof 2

@,

Maybe they'll have Brock win the Rumble again. A rematch from last year to truly settle things.  

Rumor has it Danielson is healed up. So he could be up for the task. But I hope not. Neck injures take a long time to heal, and I don't want him rushing back, just to get hurt again. 

Maybe something crazy, like an NXT star winning the rumble will get the job done. Roman vs. Joe? Roman vs. Balor? Roman vs. Storm? Might be crazy enough to work. 

• Brohoof 1

@,

Maybe they'll have Brock win the Rumble again. A rematch from last year to truly settle things.  

Rumor has it Danielson is healed up. So he could be up for the task. But I hope not. Neck injures take a long time to heal, and I don't want him rushing back, just to get hurt again. 

Maybe something crazy, like an NXT star winning the rumble will get the job done. Roman vs. Joe? Roman vs. Balor? Roman vs. Storm? Might be crazy enough to work. 

And then Brock is gone after Mania. As much as i love Brock, he is not a permanent solution.

It's an easy thing. If the doctors of WWE don't give him some kind of okay, Danielson will probably go to New Japan Pro Wrestling (best wrestling league BTW.) And i would encourage to do so. I can't see him on the top again.

As much as i would love to see any of the guys from NXT as top guys in the main roster, it simply won't happen. Firstly, because some of them, like Finn Balor, don't want to go to the Main Roster and secondly, Vince won't push them. He will use them to feed guys like Cena, Reigns or Orton.

• Brohoof 1

As much as i would love to see any of the guys from NXT as top guys in the main roster, it simply won't happen. Firstly, because some of them, like Finn Balor, don't want to go to the Main Roster and secondly, Vince won't push them. He will use them to feed guys like Cena, Reigns or Orton.

We've seen this first hand. RIP Sami Zane

We've seen this first hand. RIP Sami Zane

Oh poor El Generico. For awhile, he was my favorite guy on the indie circuit and later in NXT.

Also, who would forget his most legendary move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M3CRTrnuJk

HAJIME GENERICOOOOOOOOOOO...BRAINBUSTAAAAAAAAAH XD

• Brohoof 2

Every year, the wrestling observer magazine, founded by Dave Meltzer, honor and dishonor the wrestling business and the promotions around the world, by awarding them yearly awards. The award started very small in 1980, with Harley Race being the first to be called "Wrestler of the year" by the wrestling observer.

I will now go and predict almost all the awards of this years lineup. This year was another one with alot of ups and downs.

(BTW, i will flat out ignore anything MMA. Not because i dislike, i am a big fan of MMA, i just think it is stupid to compare Pro wrestling with MMA)

Lou Thesz/Ric Flair Award (Wrestler of the Year)

Shinsuke Nakamura. (NJPW)

Most Outstanding Wrestler

AJ Styles (NJPW)

Best Box-Office draw

Brock Lesnar (WWE)

Tag Team of the Year

The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) (NJPW)

Most Improved

Tetsuya Naito (NJPW)

Best on Interviews

Paul Heyman (WWE)

Most charismatic

Shinsuke Nakamura (NJPW)

Best Technial Wrestler

Zack Sabre Jr. (NOAH)

Bruiser Brody Memorial Award (Best Brawler)

Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW)

Best Flying Wrestler

Richochet/Prince Puma (NJPW, Lucha Underground)

Most Overrated

Sheamus (WWE)

Most Underrated

Cesaro (WWE)

Promotion of the year

New Japan Pro Wrestling

Best Weekly Television Show

Lucha Underground (Lucha Underground)

Match of the Year

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Hiroshi Tanashi (NJPW G1 Climax Final)

Best non Wrestler

Paul Heyman (WWE)

Best TV Announcer

Steve Corino (ROH)

Worst TV Announcer

JBL (WWE)

Best Major Wrestling Show

NJPW Dominion 2015 (NJPW)

Worst Major Wrestling Show

AAA Triplemania XXIII (AAA)

Most disgusting Promotional tactic

Stephanie Mcmahon exploits charity, by tweeting that "Philanthropy is the future of marketing." (WWE)

Worst TV Show

Impact Wrestling (TNA)

Worst match of the year

Los Villanos (Villanos III, Villanos IV and Villanos V) vs. Los Psycho Circus (Monster Clown, Murder Clown and Psycho Clown) (AAA Triplemania XXIII)

Worst feud of the year

Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev (WWE)

Worst Promotion of the year

Total Nonstop Action Wrestling

Best Booker

Gedo and Jado (NJPW)

Best Promoter

Takaaki Kidani (NJPW)

Best Gimmick

The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods) (WWE)

Best Pro Wrestling DVD

Sting: Into the Light (WWE)

As you can see, not every category is covered. I had a hard time for example with worst Gimmick, because i didn't find one that really pissed me off, Like Adam Rose last year.

What happened with RAW over the past couple of weeks highlighted some very serious issues with the main roster.

1. The formula for RAW is beyond stale. Every RAW, some dudes come out for a twenty-minute promo that no one will care about. Sure, they tell me to care about it, but why the hell should I care about it if your characterizations are flat and your storytelling is soooooo predictable?
  2. The "Divas Revolution" is all babble by the brass. As fun as the debut of three of the four horsewomen were, that means nothing when there's little to no story.
  3. The WWE has done an absolutely horrible job developing main event stars since The Rock and Stone Cold retired. So far, the only ones they succeeded were Edge, Randy Orton, Batista, and John Cena. But Edge long retired. Both RO and JC are off. Batista may not come back. Brock Lesnar is part-time. Daniel Bryan may never wrestle again. Seth Rollins is a hell of a worker in the ring, but he's a flat, clichéd heel, and now he's hurt. They're trying to build Roman Reigns as this underdog, but he doesn't have the personality or build to be like that.
  4. The Authority ain't the corporation. Vince, Shane, etc. had an eclectic group of personalities. Vince was the dictatorial owner. Shane was the sniveling heir. The Rock was cocky. The rivals like Mankind and especially Stone Cold were just as lovable. Here, it's boring Roman Reigns and an even more boring Triple H, a boring bitch named Stephanie, that stale Irish wrestler with a staler personality, and that whole "backs-against-the-wall" storyline. This is the Daniel Bryan storyline ripped off, and they're not hiding it.
  5. No one cares about the midcard because the writers are doing nothing to develop the midcard. When New Day and an aging Dudley Boyz are all you have, then you have major problems. The IC and US titles are shells of themselves. It feels like a long time ago since the Intercontinental Championship was just as important as the World Championship.

*sigh* It's a sad state in the WWE right now.

• Brohoof 3

What happened with RAW over the past couple of weeks highlighted some very serious issues with the main roster.

1. The formula for RAW is beyond stale. Every RAW, some dudes come out for a twenty-minute promo that no one will care about. Sure, they tell me to care about it, but why the hell should I care about it if your characterizations are flat and your storytelling is soooooo predictable?
  2. The "Divas Revolution" is all babble by the brass. As fun as the debut of three of the four horsewomen were, that means nothing when there's little to no story.
  3. The WWE has done an absolutely horrible job developing main event stars since The Rock and Stone Cold retired. So far, the only ones they succeeded were Edge, Randy Orton, Batista, and John Cena. But Edge long retired. Both RO and JC are off. Batista may not come back. Brock Lesnar is part-time. Daniel Bryan may never wrestle again. Seth Rollins is a hell of a worker in the ring, but he's a flat, clichéd heel, and now he's hurt. They're trying to build Roman Reigns as this underdog, but he doesn't have the personality or build to be like that.
  4. The Authority ain't the corporation. Vince, Shane, etc. had an eclectic group of personalities. Vince was the dictatorial owner. Shane was the sniveling heir. The Rock was cocky. The rivals like Mankind and especially Stone Cold were just as lovable. Here, it's boring Roman Reigns and an even more boring Triple H, a boring bitch named Stephanie, that stale Irish wrestler with a staler personality, and that whole "backs-against-the-wall" storyline. This is the Daniel Bryan storyline ripped off, and they're not hiding it.
  5. No one cares about the midcard because the writers are doing nothing to develop the midcard. When New Day and an aging Dudley Boyz are all you have, then you have major problems. The IC and US titles are shells of themselves. It feels like a long time ago since the Intercontinental Championship was just as important as the World Championship.

*sigh* It's a sad state in the WWE right now.

1. I'll be honest. I stopped watching raw after 30 minutes, because i knew this would be the same old, same old. I probably could watch no WWE till TLC and would probably not miss anything.

2. I knew from the very beginning, that the Divas Revolution was just all talk. On one hand, Steph is acting like this totally serious feminist on Twitter, with her whole "we can do this" attitude. But at the same time, she dosen't really do anything to stop her daddy from doing this stupid stuff and rather continues posting stupid tweets on twitter. If something dosen't happen, the womens division is going to shit again.

3. It's amazing, because there is so much talent in this roster. We have guys like Kevin Owens, Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, Cesaro (who is the best wrestler in the company in my opinion) and don't get me started on the guys on NXT. No, we rather keep guys like John Cena, Randy Orton and even Kane in the Top Card and whoever dares to get so high, will face certain doom by Randy Orton, or especially John Cena. Until they either all retire, or Vince Mcmahon is retiring they will remain on top.

4. The corporation storyline should have ended with Daniel Bryan winning the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 30. It was a nice storyline to buildup to Bryans Title win, but overstayed it's welcome after that. And yes, Rocky as corporate champ was awesome. :P

5. I will say this. The Mid-Card has the better wrestler and they mostly show the better matches. But what does it matter, if there isn't some kind of big title on the line, that rewards those great talents? The Dudleys are just here, because of the nostalgia factor and while i think New Day is awesome and right now the only thing worth watching, they can't hold the show all by themselves. In the attitude era, when you didn't get The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker, etc. You atleast had guys like Chris Jericho, Gangrel, The Hardys, Edge and Christian, Rikishi, Eddie Guerrero, etc. and it seemed like almost all of them had a purpose and where talented.

The last time the wwe roster was that uninteresting, was in 1995 and even then it was better.

• Brohoof 1

1. I'll be honest. I stopped watching raw after 30 minutes, because i knew this would be the same old, same old. I probably could watch no WWE till TLC and would probably not miss anything.

2. I knew from the very beginning, that the Divas Revolution was just all talk. On one hand, Steph is acting like this totally serious feminist on Twitter, with her whole "we can do this" attitude. But at the same time, she dosen't really do anything to stop her daddy from doing this stupid stuff and rather continues posting stupid tweets on twitter. If something dosen't happen, the womens division is going to shit again.

3. It's amazing, because there is so much talent in this roster. We have guys like Kevin Owens, Dolph Ziggler, Dean Ambrose, Cesaro (who is the best wrestler in the company in my opinion) and don't get me started on the guys on NXT. No, we rather keep guys like John Cena, Randy Orton and even Kane in the Top Card and whoever dares to get so high, will face certain doom by Randy Orton, or especially John Cena. Until they either all retire, or Vince Mcmahon is retiring they will remain on top.

4. The corporation storyline should have ended with Daniel Bryan winning the WWE Title at Wrestlemania 30. It was a nice storyline to buildup to Bryans Title win, but overstayed it's welcome after that. And yes, Rocky as corporate champ was awesome. :P

5. I will say this. The Mid-Card has the better wrestler and they mostly show the better matches. But what does it matter, if there isn't some kind of big title on the line, that rewards those great talents? The Dudleys are just here, because of the nostalgia factor and while i think New Day is awesome and right now the only thing worth watching, they can't hold the show all by themselves. In the attitude era, when you didn't get The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker, etc. You atleast had guys like Chris Jericho, Gangrel, The Hardys, Edge and Christian, Rikishi, Eddie Guerrero, etc. and it seemed like almost all of them had a purpose and where talented.

The last time the wwe roster was that uninteresting, was in 1995 and even then it was better.

1. That feeling when the middle-of-the-road PPVs used to really matter. You had Raw and Smackdown PPVs that legitimately meant something. Eddie Guerrero's WWE Title win at No Way Out is perhaps the biggest moment in Smackdown PPV history. As recently as 2009, MotR Pay Per Views had you anticipating, like the I Quit match at Breaking Point and the Iron Man match at Bragging Rights. The most recent MotR where you had people lined up to watch was Money in the Bank 2011 thanks to a fabulous card from top to bottom. Today, they're just there to bank on people's accounts.
  2. Stephanie McMahon tries, albeit lazily, to make you want to see the "Divas" (*ugh*) matches. But they're the same, boring shit we've grown accustomed to since the day WWE went to PG. It's quite sad when the NXT Women's Division has a much stronger lineup with Bayley, Nia Jax, Dana Brooke, Alexa Bliss (and damn, can she sell a promo!), Asuka, and the occasional appearance by Blue Pants.

I like many of the women's wrestlers on the main roster, and for good reason. When they're good, they can work a match. But the Three Horsewomen haven nothing to work for. Charlotte is flanderized and oversold as Ric Flair's up-and-coming protégé because she's his daughter. Sasha is stuck with a tag team. The entire "division" is trading bouts for no rhyme or reason. This ain't like NXT where they at least have some in-ring story to tell.

3. Cena, Orton, and Kane are top wrestlers, but they won't wrestle forever. Orton has had several injuries over the years. Cena may be one of the best trained wrestlers, and he takes care of his body better than anyone I know of from the outside, but he'll be forty in seventeen months. Kane will be fifty soon, and he has slowed down considerably. So has Big Show. WWE has to be able to advertise other wrestlers. Cesaro is excellent, but he's out. Rollins is out, and his character's stale. Reigns is stale. Ziggler's a hell of a seller. Zack Ryder had some success for a while. No one should have to rely on old-timers to have quality wrestling that make people care, and WWE sucks at it.

I remember reading the comments from a user who went to NXT Brooklyn with his son. They actually had Summerslam tickets, but they made the decision to trade it in favor of NXT and Ring of Honor in Philly the night before. I don't know about the ROH PPV, but they normally produce top-quality wrestling, and NXT Bklyn may be the best NXT PPV this year thus far. BTW, he said he made the right choice.

When you have WWE fans line up for a "minor league" WWE PPV, have it last 30 minutes over the limit (the commentators made a funny joke about it), and want more, that says so much about your booking quality. If NXT remains excellent, you could see it host perhaps in other large arenas. They banked it on Bklyn (and to be frank, NXT even beat Summerslam in the production; the decision to make it black and white only and then have the lights fade when the match starts is excellent).

• Brohoof 2

I don't know why, but I watched raw this week. New Day are still good, and Ziggler/Breeze was alright, and Uso's/Lucha Dragons had potential to be a good match, but I was bored with the rest of the night. 

I think I'll be skipping everything till Raw after TLC (unless that's the Slammy awards episode, then I'll skip that too). Catch up on my ROH, NJPW & Lucha Underground. Ratings were up slightly, but still near record lows. I honestly hope that things get worse and force a response. Because there's the very real possibility that this is the status quo. WWE only got this bad because of competing with a superior product. Now they don't have that excuse. Mainstream wrestling has lost it's appeal. But I doubt this will change things. There's still nearly 3 million viewers and lots of merch being moved. Despite the lackluster product, money is still being made. WWE has no incentive to do any better. 

It's surprising, how we went from match of the year candidates w/ Cena's U.S. open challenge and great performances from Seth Rollins, to this. 

As stupid as Paul Burchills Pirate gimmick was, i was quite entertained by it.

He wrestled at the height of the pirate hype, when Pirates of the Carribean 2 was just coming out and WWE needed to capitilize

• Brohoof 2

This reminds me of when Bret Hart blew up on Vince

(Again, cuss warning)

*video*

At the time of the promo, WCW and WWE were still TV-PG, and the WWE was presenting an edge that WCW/NWO gave the year before. I think what made this surprising, at least to me since I didn't know wrestling existed then, is the fact that Bret's strong cussing wasn't all that common at the time, and it wasn't censored.

• Brohoof 1

At the time of the promo, WCW and WWE were still TV-PG, and the WWE was presenting an edge that WCW/NWO gave the year before. I think what made this surprising, at least to me since I didn't know wrestling existed then, is the fact that Bret's strong cussing wasn't all that common at the time, and it wasn't censored.

97 was a very weird mix of elements, between still traditional family entertainment and a bit of Attitude Era, that was about to come. They slowly started with invasions of Paul Heyman and the ECW guys and the incredible match between Steve Austin and Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 13 and went on to the formation of D-Generation X and the slow creation of the Mr.Mcmahon character during the screw job at the Survivor Series.

Bret Hart wasn't really thrilled by the transformation. He is a traditionalist, who thinks that it just should be good guys vs. bad guys. The good guy is cheered and the bad guys booed and while i don't think he ever had any real problems with Stone Cold on a personal level, he never understood why people cheered for him.

I can understand Brets standpoint, because i also like old school wrestling. But at the same time, if you just stick with the same formula, it will get stale after awhile. Something that is also a problem in todays WWE.

• Brohoof 1

Something Vince doesn't exactly seem to understand.

I will say this. Vince gave us the Attitude era, by saying "well, if the fans boo me for screwing Bret Hart, i will just play the character they see in me and become a tyranical boss who tries to screw over Stone Cold." And i want to congratulate him for this character, because he's one of the greatest heels in Wrestling. You can love him or hate him, but this guy knew what he was doing.

But at the same time, he's responsible for what we have today. And the only thing that i can come up with, for why this is the case, is because he is getting old.

• Brohoof 1