Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Me: "Vince, why don't you just start listening to your fans again?"

Vince:

The way wrasslin looks now, with the appearance of attitude era but being PG, makes it took more fake and two-bit than every before. Pro wrestling is built on the theatrical athleticism, and, for me, it's not theatrical enough, looking modern but lacking that sharp edge.

I miss the fun and characterization of the 80s WWF. I miss attitude era WWF.

I do not like the half-melded concoction they have now. Shame, because so many of the wrestlers are talented.

Edited by PiratePony
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Listen up fillies & gentlecolts! 

If your're not aware, I help run an awards page for pro wrestling: The Wrestling Roundtable fan awards, where you, the fans get to decide who gets what from a number of categories, ranging from the usual (match of the year, wrestler of the year) to the bad (worst mic skills, backstage hazard). And I invite all of you here on MLPforums to join in on the action! 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/WRFanAwards/

Voting begins now! And if you don't like any of the choices, go ahead and post your own! 

Update: Anypony going to watch WrestleKingdom 10 tomorrow?

wrestle_kingdom_10_custom_poster_by_moha

Edited by Denim&Venom

Didn't he just come back too?

Man WWE just can't catch a break with all of their top guys getting injured

With the high number of injuries, the WWE must push for new superstars. Randy Orton's high-flying wrestling and steroid use have come back to bite him, and now he's breaking down. John Cena may be out until mid-spring or early-summer. Nikki Bella's career is in serious jeopardy thanks to a neck injury. Tyson Kidd's spinal cord injury could've killed him. Daniel Bryan may never wrestle again. Seth Rollins is a hell of a worker, and he won't be back for a while.

And Roman Reigns is finally on the fans' side. They can't afford to screw up now.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

Didn't he just come back too?

Man WWE just can't catch a break with all of their top guys getting injured

Wouldn't have that problem with a non-overbearing road schedule.

Edited by A.V.

(edited)

This is why WWE needs an off season, like Lucha Underground (and most major sports), or at least a rotating roster like NXT. Fewer live shows would help too. Give these guys a week on and a week off like the indy workers do. 

In other breaking news, AJ Styles, Doc Gallows, Karl Anderson & Shinsuke Nakamura are all WWE bound apparently. 

Oh and if you haven't caught WrestleKingdom 10 yet. Freaking do so. It's most likely gonna be the best show this year. Wrestlemania doesn't stand a chance. Excellent matches from top to bottom and not a single in ring promo, backstage interview or tactless skit to derail things. Just 4 hours of wrestling from the Tokyo Dome.  

And you can get it on NJPW world. It's only 999 yen = $9.87 $8.44 a month. 

Edited by Denim&Venom

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

So, the Royal Rumble is next week. And for the first time in 14 years, the title will be on the line during the match itself. Any picks going into the rumble? Any guesses as to who will make a surprise appearance? Will Roman walk away the champ against all odds? 

Also, anybody else watch the ROH main event form last night? Young Bucks vs. ReDragon vs. The Kingdom in a street fight at the old 2100 bingo hall (AKA the ECW Arena)?

If you didn't you really should. 

Edited by Denim&Venom

So many TNA stars coming to WWE... that says a lot, huh?

I honestly see Roman Reigns retaining, because I can't see anyone else big enough to hold the title. Sheamus was pushed too early, Seth Rollins is injured, Dean Ambrose isn't exactly 'world champion' material (at least not yet), and Cena is... well, we don't talk about Cena

Brand new to the forums and it's totally the best time of the year to be a wrestling fan for me! The Royal Rumble is my absolute favorite event, and with it right around the corner, I am super-eager to see how the big match goes. I'm always a sucker for surprise returns and debuts, even if I haven't liked the ending of the match the last couple of years. 

As a random thing to throw in, I've trained and worked as a wrestler in the past! So I guess I am more than /just/ a huge nerdy fan for the stuff.  :D

• Brohoof 1

There's a whole lot of rumors in the air about other debuts and returns too. As usual, the rumor mill is probably mostly wrong, but I'd love to see the whole Bullet Club thing Balor has been teasing happen.

• Brohoof 1

Well Chris Jericho is set to return to the Rumble, here's hoping it's a long-term stay this time

Forget it. His top priority now, is doing his music with Fozzy and doing his Podcast. Besides, Jericho is in his 40s and he payed his dues.

• Brohoof 2

Forget it. His top priority now, is doing his music with Fozzy and doing his Podcast. Besides, Jericho is in his 40s and he payed his dues.

As much as I dig Jericho and appreciate his work throughout the years, his part-timer gig kind of makes it hard to be super excited about his various returns. I do still grin when I hear the countdown, though.

As much as I dig Jericho and appreciate his work throughout the years, his part-timer gig kind of makes it hard to be super excited about his various returns. I do still grin when I hear the countdown, though.

The thing that Jericho does these days, is to put the young guys over. He does this since his CM Punk feud in 2012 and since then, he put Fandango over (which was pointless) he put Wyatt over (which i see kinda mixed, eventhough Wyatt is one of my favs right now) and now, there are rumors that he is supposed to face Dean Ambrose at Wrestlemania for the IC Title.

He actually does the right thing and isn't egotistical, by burying the talent.

• Brohoof 2

The thing that Jericho does these days, is to put the young guys over. He does this since his CM Punk feud in 2012 and since then, he put Fandango over (which was pointless) he put Wyatt over (which i see kinda mixed, eventhough Wyatt is one of my favs right now) and now, there are rumors that he is supposed to face Dean Ambrose at Wrestlemania for the IC Title.

He actually does the right thing and isn't egotistical, by burying the talent.

Yep! Total agreement. He did great work with Punk. I don't even know if I have a comment I can make on the Fandango thing given that entire gimmick stinks of someone being out of touch with well... everything. I doubt that would have worked in the early 90's, let alone now. Man Mountain Rock was cooler. Anyway, yeah. I would have to see Jericho coming back and stomping everyone. I hope to see him work with more of the NXT alumni in the near future. Something like Jericho v Neville would be fun for me.

• Brohoof 1

There's a whole lot of rumors in the air about other debuts and returns too. As usual, the rumor mill is probably mostly wrong, but I'd love to see the whole Bullet Club thing Balor has been teasing happen.

Speaking of Bullet Club, one of my surprise entrance predictions is AJ Styles

I can dream!

Speaking of Bullet Club, one of my surprise entrance predictions is AJ Styles

That's what is floating around the dirtsheets at the moment as a sure thing! That'd be pretty neat. There's a lot of potential for him to put on some great matches with a lot of the current generation.

• Brohoof 1

That's what is floating around the dirtsheets at the moment as a sure thing! That'd be pretty neat. There's a lot of potential for him to put on some great matches with a lot of the current generation.

Exactly, and I'd mark out if he came in at the Rumble. I hope he keeps his leather jacket look :P