Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

45 minutes ago, BrawnyCharger said:

Next year's Mania is going to be in New Orleans. If I may comment on that. They already had it in New Orleans 3 years ago. I say try a venue or city they haven't had WM in before. Preferably someplace with a certain pro wrestling history such as:

-The Dome at America's Center in St. Louis.

-US Bank Stadium in Minneapolis

-Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte. (I would have suggested Greensboro considering a strong wrestling history there but the city's unfortunately not big enough for such a grand stage as WrestleMania)

-Nissan Stadium in Nashville. (Again. Although Memphis has a more noteworthy wrestling history. I'd say Nashville is more suitable for a Mania)

-Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis. (They held WM XIII in the old Hoosier Dome so why not have it back in Indy at the new stadium)

Which venues/cities would you like to host a Wrestlemania?

WM33 is taking place in NOLA to coincide with the city's tricentennial anniversary. Besides, WMs one and two were held/partially held in MSG and WMs four and five were in the same arena. 

As far as other places?

• A return to Safeco Field in Seattle would be a change of pace, not having hosted a show since 19. 
  • Olympic stadium in Montreal. Give our neighbors to the north their first taste of Mania action since 18. Although if wwe wants something with both history and ego, there's McMahon stadium in Calgary. 
  • The Azteca stadium in Tlapan, Mexico City, Mexico. Cater to the populace that considers wrestling a religion. 
  • Qualcolm stadium in San Diego. It'll be worth it if they can get a Mysterio appearance. Not like the stadium is gonna be seeing much action after the chargers left town. 
  • Miller Park in Milwaukee. Personal preference. A bit on the small side. They'll get maybe 50,000 max, but it's the only way considering how lousy WI weather is around Mania season. So that pretty much kills hosting Mania from Lambeau field. 
  • Wembly Stadium in London. 90,000 easy. If they can fill that place for Summerslam, they can do it again for Mania. 
  • Metrodome in Minneanapolis. Give some love to the great lakes region. 
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

WM33 is taking place in NOLA to coincide with the city's tricentennial anniversary. Besides, WMs one and two were held/partially held in MSG and WMs four and five were in the same arena. 

As far as other places?

• A return to Safeco Field in Seattle would be a change of pace, not having hosted a show since 19. 
  • Olympic stadium in Montreal. Give our neighbors to the north their first taste of Mania action since 18. Although if wwe wants something with both history and ego, there's McMahon stadium in Calgary. 
  • The Azteca stadium in Tlapan, Mexico City, Mexico. Cater to the populace that considers wrestling a religion. 
  • Qualcolm stadium in San Diego. It'll be worth it if they can get a Mysterio appearance. Not like the stadium is gonna be seeing much action after the chargers left town. 
  • Miller Park in Milwaukee. Personal preference. A bit on the small side. They'll get maybe 50,000 max, but it's the only way considering how lousy WI weather is around Mania season. So that pretty much kills hosting Mania from Lambeau field. 
  • Wembly Stadium in London. 90,000 easy. If they can fill that place for Summerslam, they can do it again for Mania. 
  • Metrodome in Minneanapolis. Give some love to the great lakes region. 

Good choices. But Metrodome is no more. US Bank Stadium is the new Vikings home. But nevertheless considering the wrestling history in Minneapolis with the AWA and the many wrestlers who came from Minnesota.

• Brohoof 2

I kinda doubt that they'd host WrestleMania in the UK. It's a great idea on paper, but it's a matter of time zones and such.

*has fingers crossed for Roman Reigns heel turn tonight*

14 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

I kinda doubt that they'd host WrestleMania in the UK. It's a great idea on paper, but it's a matter of time zones and such.

I think the reason why it worked with Summerslam 1992 was because the WWF back then was at it's most popular in the UK and Europe. Especially with the popularity of the British Bulldog which is why he main evented Summerslam against Bret Hart for the IC championship.

But it's just a hunch.

• Brohoof 1

I see alot of stadium talk here right now. Here is the thing, if you make a stadium show that is more upwards in the north during end of march/beginning of april, there is a chance that it will be really cold at night. Look at Wrestlemania 29 which was held in the MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. There where alot of people freezing during the later parts of the show and the ring itself was even heated up from the turnbuckles, so the wrestlers wouldn't freeze.

If you want to make a big show like Wrestlemania in the north, you need to hold it in a dome, like the Skydome in Toronto.

EDIT: Also, as much as i would like to see Mania in Wembley Stadium with the crazyist wrestling crowd in the world, i can't see it happening.

1. It's outside of the americas and that makes it a no go for the vin man

2. England at this time of the year is still very bad when it comes to the weather. Spring is filled with alot of raining.

• Brohoof 3

I think this was the best raw we get all year. Best one I've seen since the 2013 episode.

Those first 10 minutes. Wow. Not much of a spoiler, and this is putting it mildly, but damn. Roman was getting some heat. This was HBK in Montreal levels of hate, and more. 

• Brohoof 2

I've been watching Pete Dunne since he appeared in the UK Tournament, and I like what I've seen so far. He does some impressive heel work.

Friendly reminder that Tye Dillinger and Shinsuke Nakamura are now on the Smackdown roster

• Brohoof 2

Simon Gotch of The Vaudevillians has been released by mutual agreement. Guessing he wasn't a fan of sitting on the sidelines while SD soldiered on to great things.

Always thought Aiden English was the better talent of the two to be honest, so I hope he's not left in the cold.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So is anypony else burnt out on wrestling after this past week? Because we've had:

• Sat- ROH: Supercard Of Honor/ Weekly ROH taped episode/ NXT: Takeover
  • Sun- 7 hours of WrestleMania
  • Mon- 3 hours of Raw
  • Tues- 2 hours of Smackdown + 205 Live
  • Wed- Weekly NXT episode
  • Thurs- Impact Wrestling 

That's 22 hours of wrestling, and that's if you didn't watch WCPW, Evolve, or any other broadcasting indies this week. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 4/7/2017 at 4:52 PM, Denim&Venom said:

So is anypony else burnt out on wrestling after this past week? Because we've had:

• Sat- ROH: Supercard Of Honor/ Weekly ROH taped episode/ NXT: Takeover
  • Sun- 7 hours of WrestleMania
  • Mon- 3 hours of Raw
  • Tues- 2 hours of Smackdown + 205 Live
  • Wed- Weekly NXT episode
  • Thurs- Impact Wrestling 

That's 22 hours of wrestling, and that's if you didn't watch WCPW, Evolve, or any other broadcasting indies this week. 

I take a break from WWE until Survivor Series so, I have a lot of time to recover from wrestling burn out.

(That's usually around when the newest WWE game is released.)

Edited by Sparklefan1234

So the WWE draft superstar shakeup is going down over the next 48 hours. Who do you think is getting traded? 

Sadly I see AJ getting shunted to Raw & Roman sullying Smackdown. 

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

So the WWE draft superstar shakeup is going down over the next 48 hours. Who do you think is getting traded? 

Well we can rest easy knowing Nakamura is staying on Smackdown, especially after that reception

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Well, luckily AJ Styles wasn't moved to Raw &

Roman Reigns got taken out by Braun Strowman in the most ridiculously over the top way to get

fan support that I've ever seen in all my years of watching wrestling.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Roman Reigns got taken out by Braun Strowman in the most ridiculously over the top way to get

16 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Well we can rest easy knowing Nakamura is staying on Smackdown, especially after that reception

Don't get your hopes up just yet. The shake up continues on tonigh'ts SD. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Calling out Brock Lesnar, then practically murdering the most hated man in wrestling right now

Braun face turn when

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Don't get your hopes up just yet. The shake up continues on tonight's SD. 

If they were going to move Shinsuke Nakamura or AJ Styles to Raw they would have done on Monday to get people talking, IMO.

WWE doesn't make big announcements on Smackdown because, they consider it to be their "B show" while Raw is their "flagship show".

The biggest trades I could see happening for Smackdown would be Charolette Flair, Kevin Owens & *maybe* Seth Rollins.

I'm hoping to be proved wrong though.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

If they were going to move Shinsuke Nakamura or AJ Styles to Raw they would have done on Monday to get people talking, IMO.

WWE doesn't make big announcements on Smackdown because, they consider it to be their "B show" while Raw is their "flagship show".

The biggest trades I could see happening for Smackdown would be Charolette Flair, Kevin Owens & *maybe* Seth Rollins.

I am hoping to be proved wrong, though.

Yeah, but this whole shake up deal is feeling very rushed and half assed. There wasn't much talk about what it actually was. No involvement of the GMs. No info-graphics. No saying who was 'traded' for who. No rhyme, reason or rationale for the trades. Just some SD stars randomly showing up on Raw with little to no fanfare. It doesn't help that news of Aj's move was leaked as early as last year. Worse still, we have a chairman who seems to change his mind on what he wants to go down on an hourly basis.

• Brohoof 1

I agree 100% this "Superstar Shakeup" thing does feel very rushed & thrown together & I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it was created last Monday before Raw started.

I also agree with you that it was weird how in the women's segment for example, Alexa Bliss & Mickie James just randomly showed up &

were met with no reaction from the crowd.

40 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Worse still, we have a chairman who seems to change his mind on what he wants to go down on an hourly basis.

Better yet, every minute one of WWE's main shows or PPV's is live on the air.

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I agree 100% this "Superstar Shakeup" thing does feel very rushed & thrown together & I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it was created last Monday before Raw started.

I also agree with you that it was weird how in the women's segment for example, Alexa Bliss & Mickie James just randomly showed up &

were met with no reaction from the crowd.

Better yet, every minute one of WWE's main shows or PPV's is live on the air.

Y'know what really worries me? Word has it that we're gonna have the proper draft after SummerSlam. 

Also you may wanna contact the mods. You posted your reply about a dozen times. 

• Brohoof 1