Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

7 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

At least those had logic and reason behind them, even if they were IRL. Money. Pride. Scheduling. Being a time lord, in Rick Rude's case. 

You wouldn't be able to see brand jumping quite like that, nowadays.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

11 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom I'm amazed Jeff Hardy can still walk on his own, let alone wrestle after all the crazy stunts he's done throughout his career.

I'm amazed he's clean. 6 years ago he should've been fired. He could've become another Scott Hall or Jake Roberts. But he broke his habits and saved his career. 

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I'm amazed he's clean. 6 years ago he should've been fired. He could've become another Scott Hall or Jake Roberts. But he broke his habits and saved his career. 

I am no fan of Jeff Hardy's by any means but, I applaud Jeff Hardy for being a man & changing his life for the sake of his family.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

I am no fan of Jeff Hardy's by any means but, I applaud Jeff Hardy for being a man & changing his life for the sake of his family

Agreed. I used to be a fan when I was younger. But after he gave Ken Anderson a concussion w/ a botched chair shot, put on a sloppy match w/ Matt Morgan, and then the whole Victory Road incident, let's just say he fell from my favor. Even after he cleaned up I still wasn't all that forgiving.

But it takes a lot to break from addiction. He deserved all the commendation in the world for crawling out of the hole he dug himself. 

• Brohoof 1

To be honest. There's quite a few things I liked about the New Generation Era. Specifically that quite a few of the matches were 5 star classics. and a few of the wrestlers themselves were awesome. The matches with HBK, Razor, Bret, Owen, Bulldog, Taker, etc. have quite a bit of value to them. 

True, business, ratings and attendance were down. But that doesn't mean it didn't have anything good. I guess some of the stuff they do is more appreciated now than it was then.

On the other hand, although the Attitude Era brought back the ratings and attendance and saved the business, the Attitude Era was not perfect. It had it's fair share of bad stuff as well.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, BrawnyCharger said:

To be honest. There's quite a few things I liked about the New Generation Era. Specifically that quite a few of the matches were 5 star classics. and a few of the wrestlers themselves were awesome. The matches with HBK, Razor, Bret, Owen, Bulldog, Taker, etc. have quite a bit of value to them. 

True, business, ratings and attendance were down. But that doesn't mean it didn't have anything good. I guess some of the stuff they do is more appreciated now than it was then.

On the other hand, although the Attitude Era brought back the ratings and attendance and saved the business, the Attitude Era was not perfect. It had it's fair share of bad stuff as well.

I'll take any of the bad matches of the late 1990s over any of the crap from the WWE today.

Edited by TheRockARooster

4 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

His career and his family, I applaud him for it

And I'm happy his ban from the UK's been lifted, now he can come to my neck of the woods :yay:

Yes I've been a creature since the 2000s

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, TheRockARooster said:

I'll take any of the bad matches of the late 1990s over any of the crap from the WWE today.

Cena vs Styles at Summerslam

Rollins vs Triple H at WM33

SmackDown Elimination Chamber 2017

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Samoa Joe

Literally any Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens match

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Unicorncob said:

Cena vs Styles at Summerslam

Rollins vs Triple H at WM33

SmackDown Elimination Chamber 2017

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Samoa Joe

Literally any Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens match

Sorry, it's the way I feel.

I'm also tired of people trying to change my mind about something I hate.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

What was the deal with Jeff Hardy's "Williow" gimmick in TNA?

Apparently it was a gimmick he had back in OMEGA and he wanted to bring it to TNA

Personally I liked it, it was like some kind of gothic Heath Ledger's Joker but a good guy

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

What was the deal with Jeff Hardy's "Williow" gimmick in TNA?

We love, we hate, we die forever late...... in Willow's way.

FREAKING AWESOME GIMMICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Along with Broken Matt Hardy, his condeeetion.

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Apparently it was a gimmick he had back in OMEGA and he wanted to bring it to TNA

Personally I liked it, it was like some kind of gothic Heath Ledger's Joker but a good guy

OMEGA was The Hardy's independent/backyard fed, right?

7 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

OMG, I'm talking about the late 1990s.

I only stated my god damned opinion and now it's a war.

Dude, it's called a debate. And of course we're gonna come to the defense of modern wrestling. 

You don't take disagreements well. 

• Brohoof 1

Just a reminder that this isn't the Debate Pit. Please keep a respectful open mind of opinions when discussing this subject here and do not take an aggressively confrontational stance with others if they disagree with yours. If you feel that you're being harassed in some way, report the offending post(s) and move on. I don't want to see any heel turns from anyone. >_>

• Brohoof 3