Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Commentary can do a lot to help the entertainment of a match, which is a huge problem with the modern WWE's commentators. The sound incredibly flat, dull, and bored even in the shows best matches and most intense moments. It makes me miss the moments with Heel Jerry Lawler, Heel JBL, or the back and forth between Paul Heyman and Jim Ross("Why don't you kiss my ass and just call the match!")

Oh, and then there's Cole still trying to advertise Twitter and the WWE Network :=:

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

Commentary can do a lot to help the entertainment of a match, which is a huge problem with the modern WWE's commentators. The sound incredibly flat, dull, and bored even in the shows best matches and most intense moments. It makes me miss the moments with Heel Jerry Lawler, Heel JBL, or the back and forth between Paul Heyman and Jim Ross("Why don't you kiss my ass and just call the match!")

My biggest problem with the current commentary team is that they actively detract from the matches. You'll have them bickering about the Kardashians in the middle of a midcard match instead of trying to build up either of the wrestlers involved or the stories around them. It's like watching a couple of bored friends try to MST3K the show.

• Brohoof 3

I am a big fan of Monsoon and Heenan. Bobby Heenan will always be the best talker in the business, as far as my vote goes. 

"WILL YOU STOP?"

I never forget how Monsoon flipped out on Heenan at Wrestlemania 8, when the title match between Savage and Flair was on.

Heenan: "You know, if you wanna be fair to Flair, you gotta be fair and say, that's one heck of a robe-

Monsoon: "WOULD YOOOOOOOOOOU STOP IT."

Also, Gordon Solie is the most overrated commentator in Wrestling history.

*flame shield up*

Since when did JBL ever turn face to begin with?

I'd say that's part of the problem, he's probably still a heel commentator, but he sure as hell doesn't feel like one 

In 2007-08 though he was actively being an intense heel commentator, which made him a lot more entertaining, which is why people praised him more back then, but not today

Alright, Royal Rumble starts in less than an hour. Final predictions anypony? Will it be a good one this year, or will we have a disastrous dud for the 3rd straight year? 

Judging by who might be in it, I'm getting high hopes in terms of appearances.

My top five predictions/hopes for entries are;

1. Daniel Bryan

2. Austin Aries and/or AJ Styles

3. Seth Rollins

4. Undertaker

5. Batista and/or Randy Orton

For Hall-of-Famers and Legends;

1. Stone Cold

2. Shawn Michaels

3. Edge

4. Goldberg

5. Lita

A predictable Rumble, totally called Trips winning. But it was significantly better than the last two so I can forgive it. I just wish they didn't tease us with Ambrose. would've marked out if he won. And I was hoping Bryan would show up :/

Loved the overall PPV though, the matches before were great. 

I never forget how Monsoon flipped out on Heenan at Wrestlemania 8, when the title match between Savage and Flair was on.

Heenan: "You know, if you wanna be fair to Flair, you gotta be fair and say, that's one heck of a robe-

Monsoon: "WOULD YOOOOOOOOOOU STOP IT."

Also, Gordon Solie is the most overrated commentator in Wrestling history.

*flame shield up*

Monsoon, Heenan, J.R., Heel!Lawler, Tazz, and Joey Styles were best commentators.

Have a wrestler who doesn't wrestle anymore come in and wreck all the potential favourites in favour of tradition. -Vince McMahon's Guide to Burial, Chapter 4

Who else would you put in the main event of Wrestlemania, where you can be sure, that it will draw the crowd? The WWE barely has any top guys right now, that will fill in an 100.000 crowd stadium. Seth is gone, Cesaro is gone, Cena is gone.

Would you rather see Sheamus? Or Kane? Or the Big Show?

They did the right call with Hunter and i think he will do a good job, putting his main event opponent over (which might be roman reigns.)

Remember his match against Daniel Bryan at WM30. That was one of the best WM openers i have ever seen.

• Brohoof 1

Have a wrestler who doesn't wrestle anymore come in and wreck all the potential favourites in favour of tradition.

-Vince McMahon's Guide to Burial, Chapter 4

I would so buy that book.

Then turn around and do the exact opposite of everything it says for my own business.

• Brohoof 2

Who else would you put in the main event of Wrestlemania, where you can be sure, that it will draw the crowd? The WWE barely has any top guys right now, that will fill in an 100.000 crowd stadium. Seth is gone, Cesaro is gone, Cena is gone.

Would you rather see Sheamus? Or Kane? Or the Big Show?

They did the right call with Hunter and i think he will do a good job, putting his main event opponent over (which might be roman reigns.)

Remember his match against Daniel Bryan at WM30. That was one of the best WM openers i have ever seen.

Yeah but Hunter being the one selling the show is a bad sign.

They should be having the likes of Roman Reigns or Seth Rollins main eventing, but Rollins is out on injury and Reigns is getting the Cena treatment.

And if they're going for Rock vs Triple H, they're not only recycling the "Triple H vs the up and coming underdog to keep the status quo" plot, but also the "Rock coming back, winning the title and doing nothing else until a favourite takes it off them" story as well

WWE Creative just doesn't seem to care anymore

Yeah but Hunter being the one selling the show is a bad sign.

They should be having the likes of Roman Reigns or Seth Rollins main eventing, but Rollins is out on injury and Reigns is getting the Cena treatment.

And if they're going for Rock vs Triple H, they're not only recycling the "Triple H vs the up and coming underdog to keep the status quo" plot, but also the "Rock coming back, winning the title and doing nothing else until a favourite takes it off them" story as well

WWE Creative just doesn't seem to care anymore

Okay, what would you do, if you where in this situation right now, where you have to pick a superstar to win the Royal Rumble and become WWE Champion, which from a business standpoint , would make the most sense and would guarantee, that you will get 100000 guys into the Texas Stadium in April?

If you like your fan favorites, that's okay. But unfortunately, the WWE crowd just wants to see the guys they are familiar with.

@@Mesme Rize,

HHH winning the title isn't the main issue. Him obviously dropping the belt at mania to Reigns is.  The crowd doesn't like Roman. His moves are bland. He has the charisma of a cardboard box. His character is generic.  And he's still using the gimmick he had in the shield, while Seth & Ambrose have grown into their own. Roman is not the guy. He'll win at mania to a chorus of boos. It's a loose/ loose for the fans, no matter who wins. And we don't have the luxury of a MITB cash in to save us. 

How to fix this? Easy. We have Roman vs. HHH for the belt at Fast Lane. Roman wins and we pit him against A. Brock Lesnar in a rematch. Or B. The Rock. Roman battles his predecessor, his family, to prove himself worthy. 

Or, HHH retains, and we build up a new contender. Book AJ Styles as the outsider looking to steal the top prize. Or turn Bray Wyatt face(-ish), and have him hunt down the top prize. Maybe do the whole B+ angle w/ Zigger, and put him back into the main event. 

Who would I have picked to win? Lesnar. Rematch w/ Roman. Or Wyatt. Treat him as that credible monster. Or Styles. That would shock everyone and get people talking. Or Jericho. He's a big enough name outside of wrestling to draw attention. 

The WWE fans don't want to see people they're familiar with. If that were true, they wouldn't be booing Big Show & Cena. No, they want the people they like to be recognized. 

Isn't Cena still out with an injury?

Eyuup. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Mesme Rize,

HHH winning the title isn't the main issue. Him obviously dropping the belt at mania to Reigns is.  The crowd doesn't like Roman. His moves are bland. He has the charisma of a cardboard box. His character is generic.  And he's still using the gimmick he had in the shield, while Seth & Ambrose have grown into their own. Roman is not the guy. He'll win at mania to a chorus of boos. It's a loose/ loose for the fans, no matter who wins. And we don't have the luxury of a MITB cash in to save us. 

How to fix this? Easy. We have Roman vs. HHH for the belt at Fast Lane. Roman wins and we pit him against A. Brock Lesnar in a rematch. Or B. The Rock. Roman battles his predecessor, his family, to prove himself worthy. 

Or, HHH retains, and we build up a new contender. Book AJ Styles as the outsider looking to steal the top prize. Or turn Bray Wyatt face(-ish), and have him hunt down the top prize. Maybe do the whole B+ angle w/ Zigger, and put him back into the main event. 

Who would I have picked to win? Lesnar. Rematch w/ Roman. Or Wyatt. Treat him as that credible monster. Or Styles. That would shock everyone and get people talking. Or Jericho. He's a big enough name outside of wrestling to draw attention. 

The WWE fans don't want to see people they're familiar with. If that were true, they wouldn't be booing Big Show & Cena. No, they want the people they like to be recognized. 

Eyuup. 

The thing is, if you pit Brock in a match with Reigns again, you have no opponent for Bray Wyatt and right now, i don't see anybody on the active roster, as a real threat to Lesnar and i think that a win for Wyatt against Lesnar, is what he really needs, after jobbing for no reason, against John Cena and the Undertaker.

Lesnar and Reigns in itself, would be like the twice in a lifetime match between Rocky and Cena, where half of the audience would leave the arena, before the match even ended, because we know how it would end.

You can't call Rocky, because he already said that he won't even be in attendance for Wrestlemania, because of his movie career.

Styles is not realistic and way too early, to give him the belt. I believe that he is going to face Owens and Ambrose for the IC Title and winning it, to give the IC Title more prestige. But i can imagine that AJ will win the WWE Title maybe at WM 33. He needs to prove himself and yesterday was a very good start.

Hunter retaining is actually not that bad of an idea. I mean sure, it would look kinda silly, but as you said, the fans don't want Roman. The WWE kinda booked themselves into a corner here.

Yes, i admit that the situation right now is shit. But maybe a miracle will happen at the main event. :P

• Brohoof 1

The thing is, if you pit Brock in a match with Reigns again, you have no opponent for Bray Wyatt and right now, i don't see anybody on the active roster, as a real threat to Lesnar and i think that a win for Wyatt against Lesnar, is what he really needs, after jobbing for no reason, against John Cena and the Undertaker.

Easy fix. Again, turn Wyatt face and have the Wyatts vs. The authroity/League of Nations. He's struck me as an anti-establishement character. This woudl be his chance. As for who to face Lesnar?  Kevin Owens. KO needs to prove that he's still a badass. He sneak attacks Lesnar. Or, we bring Joe up the card, and have him leave a trail of broken bodies leading up to Mania. 

Lesnar and Reigns in itself, would be like the twice in a lifetime match between Rocky and Cena, where half of the audience would leave the arena, before the match even ended, because we know how it would end.  

The difference is though, we never got a finish to that one.  People do want to know who would have won that one. 

Picking up the commentary discussion from earlier, I'd like to mention Tony Schiavone of NWA and WCW as one of my favorite commentators. He gets a lot of heat for things he said at Eric Bischoff's behest and not caring anymore towards the end of WCW, but I always liked him. Great voice, good sense of humor, very few stumbles or verbal gaffes. He knew exactly what he was doing out there. I could close my eyes and visualize what was going on in a match purely through his announcing. Put him together with Bobby Heenan and Mike Tenay, who called a lot of shows together in 1998 and '99, and you have my favorite broadcast team.

WWE has had no real voice of the company on their broadcasts since they let Jim Ross go (again). He single-handedly elevated their television product and was a big factor behind the scenes as well. His absence exposes just how weak they've actually been on commentary in the last several years. After the Monsoon/Heenan/Ventura era, J.R. and Paul Heyman were the only WWE commentary team I ever really liked. They were equally great in their roles, complete opposites on and off TV, and when they bickered (which was inevitable) it sounded completely natural.

• Brohoof 3