Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

The matches for this years G1 have been announced. And fans in Dallas are being spoiled with both another installment in the Tanahashi vs. Okada series and the first ever singles meeting between Kota Ibushi and KENTA. 

What matches are you guys looking forward to? 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Anti-Villain said:

@Denim&Venom

As someone out-of-the-loop about NJPW, I wonder how you'd rate it compared to WWE lately.

Not even in the same galaxy. New Japan is on an entirely different plane of existence compared to WWE, in terms of both match quality, storytelling and arguably production too. 

Comparing WWE to NJPW is like comparing the Justice League movie to Infinity War. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
53 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Not even in the same galaxy. New Japan is on an entirely different plane of existence compared to WWE, in terms of both match quality, storytelling and arguably production too.

Comparing WWE to NJPW is like comparing the Justice League movie to Infinity War.

Welp, guess who'd better get into the loop.

Answer: <this< guy.

Edited by Anti-Villain

7 minutes ago, Anti-Villain said:

Welp, guess who'd better get into the loop.

Answer: <this< guy.

I find that the best time to figure out a promotion is during a time when the most wrestlers are show cased in the shortest time. A battle royal would be best but NJPW only does those once a year. 

So the next best time? During a tournament. And you're in luck. Cause the big one, the G1 Climax, their MITB, Royal Rumble and KOTR rolled into one, starts next month. 

Heck if you can scrape up the time and cash, I'd recommend going to the first night in Dallas. Main event is Hideo Itami (that one guy from NXT) vs. Kota Ibushi (that one guy from the Crusier Weight Classic) 

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce the passing of reigning ICW heavyweight champion 'Lionheart' Adrian McCallum. The man was a staple of the U.K. wrestling scene and helped in it's rise to the prosperity we have today. 

And a bit late, but just found out about this myself. On June 3rd, All Japan Pro Wrestling lost their World Junior Heavyweight Champion, Atsushi Aoki after a motorcycle accident. AJPW have announced that a new champion will not be crowned until November the 20th, citing the old rules of their predecessor the PWF, where a championship must be defended within six months. Until then, All Japan will honor Aoki as the champion and let him reign in peace. 

May their legacies live on. 

I've been trying to catch NJPW on TV when I can (or when someone I'm petsitting for has cable) and it's nice to see. It's more entertaining than WWE, for sure, but I wish they were more on the TNA old-school days where they are more popular and mainstream...at least that's how I thought TNA was before Dixie Carter took the reigns from JJ several years ago.

(edited)
On 6/20/2019 at 9:30 PM, Denim&Venom said:

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce the passing of reigning ICW heavyweight champion 'Lionheart' Adrian McCallum. The man was a staple of the U.K. wrestling scene and helped in it's rise to the prosperity we have today. 

And a bit late, but just found out about this myself. On June 3rd, All Japan Pro Wrestling lost their World Junior Heavyweight Champion, Atsushi Aoki after a motorcycle accident. AJPW have announced that a new champion will not be crowned until November the 20th, citing the old rules of their predecessor the PWF, where a championship must be defended within six months. Until then, All Japan will honor Aoki as the champion and let him reign in peace. 

May their legacies live on. 

Yeah, the guys at Whatculture had this in a video of theirs late last week. Very sad situation.

Edited by Penguinbrony2409

Credit to New Japan's production team. They're hyping the main event of their Australia show even more than they did one of their own big four shows in Dominion. 

On 6/30/2019 at 3:11 PM, Denim&Venom said:

AEW: Fyter Fest is up

I was *really* excited for "Double or Nothing" but I wasn't as excited this time for "Fyter Fest".

I feel like my hype is gone already. :sunny:

11 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I was *really* excited for "Double or Nothing" but I wasn't as excited this time for "Fyter Fest".

I feel like my hype is gone already. :sunny:

There wasn't quite as much build or drama leading into it. There were no pressing feuds. There was a comedic slant to proceedings. It was more a Main Event, Superstars or Saturday Morning Slam then a Raw or SD. You'll probably feel the same way about Fight For The Fallen. The show is for a good cause, but there isn't much to be invested for going in other than Massies vs. Runnels. 

No, Fyter Fest was more to showcase what they have and make guys bigger than when they came in. And they certainly did that with Private Party, Jungle Boy, Riho, Yuka Sakazaki and Darby Allen. 

So, instead of a PPV, think of it more like TV between PPVs. It's helping build hype to the bigger shows. 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

That's not all i'll be doing.

I'll be attending the press conference. And after that is a meet and greet. With Liger, Ishii, Ibushi and Tanahashi! :wub:

Whoa! I hope you have an awesome time seeing a group of Japanese wrestling legends up close. :o

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Whoa! I hope you have an awesome time seeing a group of Japanese wrestling legends up close. :o

It was something I was kicking myself over from my Manehatten trip. Not fitting in time to meet the New Japan guys. There was even a line to get a pic w/ Tanahashi and I went 'Line is to long. Let's meet Dan Severn, Taka Michinoku and SCU instead. 

• Brohoof 1

48 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I went 'Line is to long. Let's meet Dan Severn, Taka Michinoku and SCU instead. 

I *almost* had his WWF theme out of my head, D.V.! ^_^

4 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Now why would you want such an awesome theme out of your head to begin with? 

You make an excellent point. :dash: *Plays Dan Severn's theme on repeat* B)