Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

https://mlpforums.com/blog/2916/entry-19901-news-roundup-tna-getting-bought-by-roh-roh-getting-shown-on-the-wwe-network-former-tna-star-eric-young-on-nxt/

If you are interested in some news, here are some.

I'd like to see WWE release DVD's of some of these events/wrestlers.

Events:

(*)They released a "Best of" DVD set for the event. Not the complete events themselves.

• The remaining Survivor Series events: 1997-present (They only released the first ten: 1987-1996)
  • A King of the Ring Anthology DVD set.*
  • An In Your House Anthology DVD set.*
  • DVD releases of other PPV's such as: The Wrestling Classic, The Big Event, Wrestlefest 1988, This Tuesday in Texas, etc.
  • DVD releases of the UK events such as the UK Rampages, Battle Royal at the Royal Albert Hall, Rebellion, Insurrection, etc.
  • A Saturday Night's Main Event Anthology DVD set.*
  • A Starrcade Anthology DVD set.*
  • A Clash of the Champions DVD set.*
  • A Great American Bash DVD set.*
  • Season releases of Superstars, Wrestling Challenge, Prime Time Wrestling, Raw, Smackdown, etc.
  • DVD releases of all the old Coliseum Video releases from 1985 to 1997.

Wrestlers:

• The British Bulldog(s)
  • "Ravishing" Rick Rude
  • Booker T/Harlem Heat
  • Diamond Dallas Page
  • Vader
  • Scott Steiner/Steiner Brothers
  • Ted Dibiase
  • Bob Backlund
  • Bruno Sammartino
  • Kurt Angle
  • Lex Luger
  • "Dr. Death" Steve Williams
  • Sid Vicious

Do you think they should make any of these? 

The problem is, the WWE is more and more drifting towards marketing the Network as much they can, because you can find all the PPVs on there now and besides that, they also release documentaries on there too. I expect to release less and less DVDs as time goes on.

The problem is, the WWE is more and more drifting towards marketing the Network as much they can, because you can find all the PPVs on there now and besides that, they also release documentaries on there too. I expect to release less and less DVDs as time goes on.

Even so, do you suppose any of the wrestlers that I listed will have any documentaries made about them anytime soon?

Time for more Chokeslam-related nitpicking.

Why do so many fans keep bashing this moment:

...when The Undertaker used to have something similar in his old moveset:

The latter looks planned with the way the guy sells it and thus more devastating while the former just looks bad, more likely due the Big Show's size though

• Brohoof 1

The latter looks planned with the way the guy sells it and thus more devastating while the former just looks bad, more likely due the Big Show's size though

Well, I don't deny that the latter guy sold his a lot better, that's for sure.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like WWE has done their spring cleaning, and sadly, Barrett, Alex Riley and Sandow were chopped. What a waste. All three could've been huge names. Hopefully they'll find good work elsewhere. Maybe NJPW, Lucha Underground, ROH or even TNA.

So who should WWE have not released. Link related: http://whatculture.com/wwe/10-underrated-stars-that-wwe-should-never-have-released?page=1

Speaking of other companies, rumor has it TNA may be getting bought out by Sinclair Broadcasting, ROH's parent company. That is, if Carter Sr. has any sense and vetos Dixie's control of it. Her asking for 51% control will be the death of TNA.   

Looks like WWE has done their spring cleaning, and sadly, Barrett, Alex Riley and Sandow were chopped. What a waste. All three could've been huge names. Hopefully they'll find good work elsewhere. Maybe NJPW, Lucha Underground, ROH or even TNA.

So who should WWE have not released. Link related: http://whatculture.com/wwe/10-underrated-stars-that-wwe-should-never-have-released?page=1

Speaking of other companies, rumor has it TNA may be getting bought out by Sinclair Broadcasting, ROH's parent company. That is, if Carter Sr. has any sense and vetos Dixie's control of it. Her asking for 51% control will be the death of TNA.   

If TNA had more shareholders, they probably would've gone to a judge and had Dixie's voting power suspended on grounds of incompetence, mismanagement, etc. by now.

And at this rate, I sense WWE's executives and/or shareholders doing something similar to Vince in the coming future.

It sucks to see Sandow and Barret go, an I remember Riley being over after destroying the Miz, but never went everywhere.

Zeb and Santino are pretty much retired, though I think Zeb could've done some more work in the show. Good riddance to everyone else

Good riddance to everyone else

Especially Hornswoggle and El Torito.

Those 2 pretty much rendered the Cruiserweight division what TV Tropes would call "Deader Than Dead."

• Brohoof 2

It sucks to see Sandow and Barret go, an I remember Riley being over after destroying the Miz, but never went everywhere.

Look at the bright side - a bunch of talented free agents just became available

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

They're bringing back the brand split - http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/smackdown-live-usa-network-july-19

How do you guys feel?

I've always felt that having two separate rosters for both shows was a good way to get more talent over. I mean, there was a time between 2002-2004 where Smackdown was actually the better show thanks to the likes of guys like Taker, Lesnar, the Smackdown Six(Angle, Benoit, Edge, Eddie and Chavo Guerrero, and Rey Mysterio) while RAW was going through Triple H's Reign of Terror. On top of that, the brand split was able to create some it's biggest stars with John Cena, Batista, Edge, Randy Orton, etc.

On the other hand, the problem with the belts will rear it's ugly head, I don't know if each roster will have their own belts like the first split did, and I feel that if they just have one belt, which ever brand has it(most likely RAW) will always have the spotlight, and everyone on the other roster will be utterly screwed

• Brohoof 1

So this has been debated in length.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hphdz11y3ig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tka4QZwW7-U

Unfortunately it's a moot point. SD may get a ratings boost do to now being more than a raw recap show (hopefully) but regardless on whether or not the rosters are split, both will be mediocre do to convoluted writing, inconsistent 50/50 booking, and Vince McMahon being out of touch and senile. As the vids mentioned, the roster lacks the depth to support two distinct shows, even with the ravaging of NXT's ranks to make up for it. It'll help if the women's, tag & world champs are allowed to move from show to show. But if they divide things into WWE/ WHC, women's/ diva & world tag/wwe tag again, it'll halve the value of every belt. Yes there will be more time for individual stars to shine but are there enough to fill 3 hours on raw & two on SD? Keep in mind raw can't even fill 3 hours with it's current roster! And that third hour isn't going away much to our dismay. 

And did you all forget the latter years of the draft? 07-'11? The split didn't matter one bit! You had guys just walking from show to show like it was nobodies business. 07-11 were some of the worst years for WWE TV. How long before that era returns? How long beofre the brand split is again rendered null and void? 

A lot of issues needed to be addressed and fixed before this mess of a draft gets reinstated. 

• 2 weeks later...

So if you haven't heard, Lesnar is now doing a one off fight at UFC 200. Thoughts on WWE's biggest name going over to WWE's biggest competition and what do you think WWE are getting out of this? Rumor has it that it could be UFC fighter Paige VanZant havign an angle in the women's division. 

Also on a completely unrelated note, I'm setting up an MLP RP about wrestling! Who wants to join? 

https://mlpforums.com/topic/153157-pony-pro-wrestling/#entry4558390