Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"The Greatest Superman Who Ever Lived" Claustin Castnigaries. B)

Don't be ridiculous. 

You know he'll be "The Most Money Making Greatest Man In Europe Who Ever Lived." 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Don't be ridiculous. 

You know he'll be "The Most Money Making Greatest Man In Europe Who Ever Lived." 

"The Most Money Making Greatest Man In Europe Who Ever Lived." Esquire. :proud:

They always forget about him being a lawyer who wrestles on the side. :huh: 

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"The Most Money Making Greatest Man In Europe Who Ever Lived." Esquire. :proud:

They always forget about him being a lawyer who wrestles on the side. :huh: 

So that's where Ciampa and RD Evans got the idea. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Yes. 

What are your thoughts on Keith Lee? (Whoop! whoop! :yay:

I actually haven't watched him lately. Last match I saw of his was when he fought Tomohiro Ishii at Global Wars UK in that MOTY contender. And before that his tag team with Shane Taylor, which had figuratively and literally, huge potential. But for a dude his size, he is damn impressive. 

• Brohoof 1

Not yet. Been busy with AEW and NJPW. But that is something to add to the list along w/ AEW dark. Which I thought was just gonna be their Sunday night heat of sorts. But apparently it's all the crazy stuff that can't make air. Like Kenny Omega vs. Joey Janela in an unsanctioned death match. 

• Brohoof 1

Check out this generous offering from Pro Wrestling NOAH. 

And it just so happens to be the one match that almost made me go to Bound For Glory. 

You all know Big Mike. Former ROH World Champ.  Worlds strongest Canadian. 

Though in case you haven't heard of his opponent, Naomichi Marufuji, he's basically to NOAH what Tanahashi is to NJPW. 

Throws kicks that would make Taijiri proud. Inventor of the Shiranui (Sliced Bread). Only man to have held the Junior Heavyweight championships for NOAH, NJPW and All Japan. BFFs with Sasha Banks. 

• 2 weeks later...

So anybody think WWE doing these Saudi shows still a good idea? 

No? Me neither, and now even less people in WWE think so. 

Notice the NXT invasion on the critically praised episode of SD? That wasn't part of the plan. NXT picked up the slack because a huge chunk of the wrestlers on the Saudi show weren't allowed to leave. WWE wasn't payed for the last show they did. Vinny Mac delayed the PPV feed. Apparently they came to a deal because it aired. But anyone not on VKMs staff or anyone not named Hogan, Flair, Lesnar, Fury, Valesquez or members of the main event / upper midcard got shafted and stuck on the tarmac for a whole day. The "official" reason is mechanical issues, which is BS because it doesn't take a day to fix a plane, let alone change flights to ones that work. This was reprisals from the Saudi government, and people are not happy. Not just about being borderline hostages, but WWE spinning the narrative about the guys that did charter their own flights to get back as being "more committed to the fans." Like being stuck on the tarmac by a dictator has a bearing on the commitment to your job. Wwe has basically said that everyone that got left behind were second class. Te stranded talent even posted #NotTop20, in reference to the 20 guys that did get to leave. 

Tonight is gonna be interesting. 

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Are the wrestlers allowed to turn down the trip for ANY reason?

I thought Sami & Bryan were special cases. 

KO and Miz weren't on the trip either. Majority of the womens roster obviously too. I imagine they don't wanna turn them down due to them getting a cut of that big payday. Might not be worth it to them anymore. 

Other than religious reasons or heritage to certain nations? I guess they could opt out, but they'll be seen as unreliable and left out of any plans for being featured. If you're lower midcard like Karl Anderson, Eric Young, Luke Harper or Curtis Axel, the most vocal about the whole thing, you may see yourself as having not much left to loose. 

Side not on how their careers have gone. We have a G1 Finalist and one half of the longest reigning IWGP tag champs, a former TNA grand slam winner, one of the indy scenes most athletic and technically sound big men and a 3rd generation star. And they see themselves so low on the totem pole that they don't even fear for their job security anymore?

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

From what I've seen, the WWF in 1995 wasn't that bad.

I'll give it this. It did have quite a few stars we still talk about today such as Diesel, HBK, Razor, Bret, Bulldog, Owen, Yoko, Taker, etc.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

From what I've seen, the WWF in 1995 wasn't that bad.

4 minutes ago, BrawnyCharger said:

I'll give it this. It did have quite a few stars we still talk about today such as Diesel, HBK, Razor, Bret, Bulldog, Owen, Yoko, Taker, etc.

Talent wise they were leaps and bounds ahead of the golden age. The in ring product was pretty solid.

The way the tempered their 'reality TV' aspect is refreshing compared to now. If they had ditched the Saturday morning cartoon cheesiness that was a hangover from years prior and had a better head for proper booking, they may have made it out of the mid 90s in a stronger position. I think they may have had something here if they continued to refine this version of the WWF, instead of going attitude, which led us to where we are today. 

• Brohoof 1

On 11/15/2019 at 7:51 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venom What did you think of the first episode of NWA Power?

It was an interesting watch. Surprised at just how fast everything went, even for an hour program. Having such quick matches is gonna take some getting used to. But overall, a good first showing.  Also like that their theme song is by Dokken. Whod've thought that Dokken and the NWA would bring one another back to relevancy. 

Guess what's old is new again after all.

• Brohoof 2

I've been thinking about those WWE documentaries on specific superstars that would go with a DVD collection. I think that there are a few that they haven't made yet. I know they've probably stopped making those DVD documentaries and have saved everything for the WWE Network. I know they've done some on quite a few Superstars before, but I think there are still some who haven't gotten one yet that deserve one. Such as:

• British Bulldog
  • Booker T
  • Steiner Brothers
  • Kurt Angle (He had a match compilation DVD, but no actual documentary)
  • Sgt. Slaughter
  • Undertaker (Again match compilation DVD's but no out of kayfabe documentary)
  • Rick Rude
  • Vader
  • Sid Vicious
  • Kevin Nash
  • etc.

Which WWE legends do you think deserve a documentary?

So WWE just redesigned the IC belt. 

wwe-ic.jpg

WWE-Intercontintal-Championship-belt-Nov-22-2019-7-Shinsuke-Nakamura-sideplate-00-e1574519233442.jpg

wwe-intercontinental-title-new-look-e1574484027508.jpg

Kinda looks like the PROGRESS championship.

latest?cb=20170709204643

I'd say it's the best looking belt on the main roster. My only gripe being that it lacks the blue aesthetic usually associated with the IC belt. 

Fun fact: Shinsuke Nakamura is now the only man in history to have been awarded new championship belts for both the IWGP and WWE Intercontinental championships. 

061ba94ffd88e0551fa133107da29767.jpgShinsuke-Nakamura-Intercontinental-Championship.jpg

15 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

So WWE just redesigned the IC belt. 

wwe-ic.jpg

WWE-Intercontintal-Championship-belt-Nov-22-2019-7-Shinsuke-Nakamura-sideplate-00-e1574519233442.jpg

wwe-intercontinental-title-new-look-e1574484027508.jpg

Kinda looks like the PROGRESS championship.

latest?cb=20170709204643

I'd say it's the best looking belt on the main roster. My only gripe being that it lacks the blue aesthetic usually associated with the IC belt. 

Fun fact: Shinsuke Nakamura is now the only man in history to have been awarded new championship belts for both the IWGP and WWE Intercontinental championships. 

061ba94ffd88e0551fa133107da29767.jpgShinsuke-Nakamura-Intercontinental-Championship.jpg

It's definitely more modern looking, I will get them that. I like that the WWE is thinking outside the box when it comes to this title redesign. I think that the strap could be a different color, but that's just a nitpick. And I do agree that it's the best looking belt in the WWE right now.

• Brohoof 1