Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Things started to go downhill for me once WWE entered 2007. Something just felt "off", IMO. 

After what happened with Joey mercury and the deaths of Eddie Guerrero and Christ Benoit they were forced into the PG era, but hey here is another promotion that will surpass the WWE now:

with one of the best if not the best jobber in the history of Wrestling and with all the talent it has right now

3485898-dek.png

jericho-champion-1-696x392.jpg

• Brohoof 1

They announced the latest inductees into the WWE Hall of Fame. The Bella Twins and Jushin "Thunder" Liger. Liger is of course very worthy. The Bellas I think still have quite a few years left in them. They're only 36. I think late 40's would be more appropriate for induction. But that's just me. Personally as far as women are concerned, I would like to see Miss Elizabeth get inducted. Not denying the Bellas' contribution. I'm just more partial towards old school stars from the Hulkamania and New Generation eras.

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Pastel-chan said:

The Bellas going in before Chyna as a stand alone member is ridiculous though 

I can’t think of a single time where I thought to myself:

“That Brie Bella’s a future Hall of Famer, I tell you h’what.”. 

At least Nikki Bella improved enough to be better than Torrie Wilson & Stacy Keibler.  

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

On 2/12/2020 at 8:53 PM, Sherem said:

After what happened with Joey mercury and the deaths of Eddie Guerrero and Christ Benoit they were forced into the PG era, but hey here is another promotion that will surpass the WWE now:

with one of the best if not the best jobber in the history of Wrestling and with all the talent it has right now

3485898-dek.png

jericho-champion-1-696x392.jpg

They have a huge amount of talent, but much of it is being wasted right now. They need to add a midcard title, such as a TV title, to add a new prize for the wrestlers of AEW to strive for. Jericho is doing a fantastic job (as usual) asn the world champ, but they need a secondary title for others to go for.

On 2/13/2020 at 6:34 PM, Pastel-chan said:

The Bellas going in before Chyna as a stand alone member is ridiculous though 

I don't know if Stephanie McMahon will ever allow that to happen. :lie:

18 hours ago, Pat Thundersnow said:

They have a huge amount of talent, but much of it is being wasted right now. They need to add a midcard title, such as a TV title, to add a new prize for the wrestlers of AEW to strive for. Jericho is doing a fantastic job (as usual) asn the world champ, but they need a secondary title for others to go for.

I really don't know about that, I think we should see how their new model is working on the long run, because their are "secondary" titles like the tag team. :let's not put the same things of WWE into it because AEW is not WWE

4 hours ago, Sherem said:

I really don't know about that, I think we should see how their new model is working on the long run, because their are "secondary" titles like the tag team. :let's not put the same things of WWE into it because AEW is not WWE

Even the smallest feds tend to introduce some sort of secondary title for others to fight for. There's a lot of midcard talent almost entering stagnation because they don't have a tag team. Jimmy Havoc, Sonny Kiss, Shawn Spears, Joey Janela, Kip Sabian, D'Arby Allin, you could probably keep going on at this point.

Anyways, off topic, I've decided to attempt to see if there's interest for a wrestling themed rp on MLPF that will use 2K19 for matches/show results and such.

I made a thread and everything. https://mlpforums.com/topic/189689-professional-wrestling-company-rp/

4 minutes ago, EquesWrestlingEnt said:

Even the smallest feds tend to introduce some sort of secondary title for others to fight for. There's a lot of midcard talent almost entering stagnation because they don't have a tag team. Jimmy Havoc, Sonny Kiss, Shawn Spears, Joey Janela, Kip Sabian, D'Arby Allin, you could probably keep going on at this point.

Anyways, off topic, I've decided to attempt to see if there's interest for a wrestling themed rp on MLPF that will use 2K19 for matches/show results and such.

I made a thread and everything. https://mlpforums.com/topic/189689-professional-wrestling-company-rp/

What are you talking about? they have a Tag team championship 

AEW_Tag.jpg

And while interesting I have to question the idea of using 2k19 considering how much of a messed up game it is.

Just now, Sherem said:

What are you talking about? they have a Tag team championship 

AEW_Tag.jpg

And while interesting I have to question the idea of using 2k19 considering how much of a messed up game it is.

Tag team does not cover all the bases like an actual singles secondary title would. There's actual TRIOS in AEW that some guys are the odd person out as well.

And 2K19 is more enjoyable to watch than 2K20 by far.

3 minutes ago, EquesWrestlingEnt said:

Tag team does not cover all the bases like an actual singles secondary title would. There's actual TRIOS in AEW that some guys are the odd person out as well.

And 2K19 is more enjoyable to watch than 2K20 by far.

They might, they might not. But to be honest the "singles" titles that are below the World heavy weight championship can be interesting. AEW is taking different routes and so far is stealing a lot of fans and views of the people that is disappointed by WWE in general. I mean the only interesting thing right now in WWE is NXT and that is a project that is directed by Hunter, not Vince. I say give more time and I think they will have better things to offer than the actual WWE.

And ever since Raw vs Smack Down of 2009, the WWE games are not that interesting anymore, in my opinion, like Everything that 2k sports is ever since they stopped giving interesting gameplay and killed Top Spin, is just another FIFA game and most Sports Games around, just the same ol' crap that is more expensive and with nothing new or interesting at all.

Edited by Sherem
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Sherem said:

They might, they might not. But to be honest the "singles" titles that are below the World heavy weight championship can be interesting. AEW is taking different routes and so far is stealing a lot of fans and views of the people that is disappointed by WWE in general. I mean the only interesting thing right now in WWE is NXT and that is a project that is directed by Hunter, not Vince. I say give more time and I think they will have better things to offer than the actual WWE

I still think they could hit some kind of big thing by incorporating a TV or Internet title. Especially an Internet Title that's only defended on AEW Dark. They need to take more advantage of that full roster they have. So many talents just middling around, including some tag teams(TH2 in particular).

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I don't know if Stephanie McMahon will ever allow that to happen. :lie:

She can get over herself sometime. :3

Speaking of AEW, I'm so happy Nyla Rose won the women's title. I love her a lot, she keeps throwing me back to Chyna ♡

• Brohoof 2

Two more names have been announced for the WWE Hall of Fame. 

The first one, I've been waiting and hoping for ever sense they re-established the WWE Hall of Fame. One of my ALL TIME favorite wrestlers. "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith. Dave Meltzer announced it on Wrestling Observer this morning. Whom many argue to be perhaps the greatest wrestler to ever come from the British Isles.  His time teaming with the Dynamite Kid was fantastic, as well as his teaming with Owen Hart. Both of which resulted in WWF Tag Team Championship runs. He also won singles gold. Most memorably winning the Intercontinental Championship from Bret Hart in front of over 80,000 fans at Wembley Stadium in London at the 1992 SummerSlam in a fantastic match. He also was crowned the first ever European Champion in a fantastic match against Owen on a 1997 Raw from Germany. One request. PLEASE tell me I'm not dreaming! I am SO glad that he's finally going in! If this is true, you can bet that a majority of the British wrestling fanbase is going to be tuning in for the induction ceremony. 

The second one is John "Bradshaw" Layfield. I actually had a feeling he was going to get in soon. He had been a rumored inductee in previous years. He's had a stellar career. Of course there was his teaming with Ron "Faarooq" Simmons to form the Acolytes or the APA was a major highlight of his career. His turning heel and becoming JBL certainly generated heel heat on SmackDown. Especially his feud with Eddie Guerrero over the WWE Championship. I applaud his accomplishments in the ring, but I've learned he was known for being a jerk backstage to the rest of the locker room. But he deserves induction nonetheless. 

Thoughts on these two going into the HOF?

Edited by BrawnyCharger
  • Brohoof 1

I'm surprised Bulldog wasnt in already. I'm too young to remember his golden years but well deserved.

Same to JBL. As a human being I think he's a colossal jerk (to say the least) but he was an entertaining heel in the mid 00s and was a good foil to Cena.

• Brohoof 2

Even referees get sent out in style at NJPW. Tiger Hatori, senior referee, wrestling coach, former manager of the late great Masa Saito and liaison for all the English talent, was given the best sendoff an official could ask for. 

image.thumb.png.6b37a31dd53caf1e9a88d2884daf5dd9.png

image.thumb.png.d5bc01837175f64de49635397daf8d19.png

image.thumb.png.9e6be51e10117589c601d62dc35afa58.png

image.thumb.png.f31bcb7f1b9c13ebe98987fe295e6e76.png

image.thumb.png.2a37b2deb83476f571215e176f370cf6.png

Arigato gozaimashita, Hatori-san. 

• Brohoof 2

If anyone is interested, WWE put the Elimination Chamber 2011 match that features CM Punk on their Youtube channel. 

I only bring this up because if WWE are on bad terms with a specific talent

they make sure not to post matches that feature them so by doing this it seems like everyone is cool now. :)

1 hour ago, Pastel-chan said:

Shout out to Cody being absolutely crazy. Moment of the week 

AEW must've gone to WWE's construction company for that cage because it looks like it was made from remnants of the attitude era's Titantron.

Y2J-Chris-Jericho-Debut.png 

16 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Hey. Guess where I'll be on April 1st? 

I was going to make a WWE related April Fools joke but I decided not to. :twismile:

I hope you have an AWESOME time, My Friend! B)

• Brohoof 1