Denim&Venöm

Movies/TV Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

 

I'm sure they can and will. 

 

I wonder how silly the epic WrestleMania entrances for the top guys would look in the performance center? :dash:/:laugh:

They really, really should postpone. Bump SummerSlam if they have too. This will be disastrous all around. Whose gonna want to buy this on PPV or network? SD, Raw or an indy show is one thing. The show of shows with no one in attendance? This is gonna be depressing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Denim&Venöm said:

They really, really should postpone. Bump SummerSlam if they have too. This will be disastrous all around. Whose gonna want to buy this on PPV or network? SD, Raw or an indy show is one thing. The show of shows with no one in attendance? This is gonna be depressing. 

 

I thought I heard they were postponing WrestleMania until the summer. I guess Vince McMahon doesn't like changes to his routine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

 

I thought I heard they were postponing WrestleMania until the summer. I guess Vince McMahon doesn't like changes to his routine. 

Nope. I hear it's also some sort of insurance related thing on why he's sticking to the date. Probably has deals inked with advertisers to keep on schedule as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this effects the Hall of Fame ceremony, does this mean that the potential inductees won't be inducted after all? :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Just now, Denim&Venöm said:

Nope. I hear it's also some sort of insurance related thing on why he's sticking to the date. Probably has deals inked with advertisers to keep on schedule as well. 

 

WrestleMania with no crowd. Imagine if that happened in 1987 with Andre and Hulk Hogan. :wau:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

 

WrestleMania with no crowd. Imagine if that happened in 1987 with Andre and Hulk Hogan. :wau:

It'd be like the other half a dozen times Andre was bodyslammed! :crackle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

It'd be like the other half a dozen times Andre was bodyslammed! :crackle:

 

Wasn't that the moment that made WWE become a BIG deal? :confused:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

 

Wasn't that the moment that made WWE become a BIG deal? :confused:

I mean probably. just saying that wasn't the first time it happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

just saying that wasn't the first time it happened.

 

Yeah. I also have a difficult time believing Andre was undefeated for 15 years like WWE says he was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

 

Yeah. I also have a difficult time believing Andre was undefeated for 15 years like WWE says he was. 

Heck, Jerry Lawler was the one who snapped the streak. Inoki did it a bunch of times. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Heck, Jerry Lawler was the one who snapped the streak. Inoki did it a bunch of times. 

Admittedly, I'm going through his streak matches now and the losses I can find are one of three things.

>A tag team/six man/eight man where Andre probably wasn't pinned.

>A match where he got himself dqed.

>A match where he got counted out.

The only match that isn't like this a TKO against Inoki.

I'm unsure how the match against El Canek went though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Heck, Jerry Lawler was the one who snapped the streak.

 

Well, he is "The King". :mlp_smug:

 

6 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Inoki did it a bunch of times

 

And he fought Muhammad Ali. :oh_golly:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of typing, Mania is set to take place from the performance center. Rumor has it that's due to McMahon being unable to guarantee they'll be able to run mania at all if they postpone. But another rumor suggests that this is part of WWE's insurance ploy. That in order to get their pay out, they have to had done due diligence in finding another venue to host mania and are banking on Orlando shutting down WM from the performance center for still having too many people. After that, the plan is to reschedule WrestleMania to MSG in June. 

Also word on the HoF is that it's being rescheduled for SummerSlam, according to Davey Boy's daughter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Also word on the HoF is that it's being rescheduled for SummerSlam, according to Davey Boy's daughter. 

Pretty fitting, since the Bulldog's best moment happened at SummerSlam. I'm also guessing the ceremony will be held at a performing arts theater in Boston.

  • Brohoof 1
  • Yay 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

It's official, Wrestlemania will be at the PC. It'll also be two night, with some football guy I don't care about.

https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/wwe-wrestlemania-36-card-to-be-held-over-two-nights-at-multiple-locations-with-rob-gronkowski-as-host/

This is gonna look weird to look back on if we survive all this, haha. Not sure what'll happen to HoF but moving to SS would be a good alternative.

CZW has also decided to so empty arena shows. I hope they'll be okay financially. They dont have bucks like Vince and Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

4 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

It's official, Wrestlemania will be at the PC. It'll also be two night, with some football guy I don't care about.

 

I think he prefers to be called "Mr. Some Football Guy". :nom:

 

Anyway, hopefully this will lead to WWE trimming their PPV's in the future so they won't be five hours long. :blink:

  • Laugh 1
  • Cider 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

BRODY LEE AND MATT HARDY IN AEW AAAAA

AEW IS NOW 20% COOLER

Between Moxley, Jericho, Rose, Sakazaki, Omega, Archer, JAKE ROBERTS BACK AS A MANAGER and now BRODY AND MATT ARE HERE?

I love this roster so much 

Edited by Pastel Heart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Hey, guess what. 

NXT vs. AEW actually happened. 

 

  • Brohoof 2
  • Excited 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/20/2020 at 12:19 AM, Pastel Heart said:

BRODY LEE AND MATT HARDY IN AEW AAAAA

AEW IS NOW 20% COOLER

Between Moxley, Jericho, Rose, Sakazaki, Omega, Archer, JAKE ROBERTS BACK AS A MANAGER and now BRODY AND MATT ARE HERE?

I love this roster so much 

At least with Mat Hardy in AEW, he'll get free reign over his character. Hoping that means a return to Broken Matt, which is inevitable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Patty Whirlwind said:

At least with Mat Hardy in AEW, he'll get free reign over his character. Hoping that means a return to Broken Matt, which is inevitable.

From his mannerisms in the debut, I'd say he's already BROKEN~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

"Dark Side of the Ring" is an AWESOME series. The detail they go into is AMAZING. :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Dark Side of the Ring" is an AWESOME series. The detail they go into is AMAZING. :o

Damn I was about to bring that up. Recently watched the Chris Benoit two parter and it left me emotionally wrecked, made me feel real bad for David. Also that ending shows why Chavo and Jericho are some of the best in the industry.

Gonna go watch some of the other stuff. The one on the Montreal Screwjob was really good too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
2 hours ago, Megas said:

Damn I was about to bring that up. Recently watched the Chris Benoit two parter and it left me emotionally wrecked, made me feel real bad for David. Also that ending shows why Chavo and Jericho are some of the best in the industry.

Gonna go watch some of the other stuff. The one on the Montreal Screwjob was really good too

 

I binge watched all of the episodes that are available.

 

I've heard all of these stories before but I feel like I learned a lot more hearing it from the wrestlers themselves. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

From his mannerisms in the debut, I'd say he's already BROKEN~

 

And he brought up the song Obsolete written by Jeff in the show ending promo last night.

  • Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just learned that Takeover Dublin has been postponed until the end of October

At least it's not cancelled, so I'll take it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.