Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

20 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

It's funny that WWE is considered "essential" when all of the legit contact sports are being cancelled. :dash:

I'm thinking the mayor governor of orange county got some of that Saudi money to say so.

• Brohoof 2

According to this tweet, WWE has released Karl Anderson but (I guess) are keeping Luke Gallows. WWE logic? *Shrugs*

Edit: Luke Gallows has also been released. 

https://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-talent-releases-drake-maverick-curt-hawkins-karl-anderson

Mike Chioda!? Not my favorite referee! :sunny:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Dude what? way to kick these guys when they're down during a crisis. I'm 100% done with WWE. Hope they'll be okay under quarantine.

Also good job bribing the governer to stay open when smaller, more vulnerable family businesses have had to shut down for less over this virus too. As if the Saudi deals weren't sleazy enough. I love the wrestlers but I can't support that promotion anymore. First the crappy response to the Benoit Family tragedy, going PG, gross misuse of talent, sweeping Chyna under the rug for her reputation but ironically honoring Jimmy Snuka and Carlos Colon, kissing up to the Saudis (and promoting them) and now bribery and leaving employees out in the dust during a pandemic to save a buck? I'm done.

Sorry for rambling but, ughh I can't believe this is the same company I grew up with.

At the least, if and when the crisis blows over they'll be in a better spot to work elsewhere with more freedom. Lio Rush will definitely be a hot item.

• Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

Dude what? way to kick these guys when they're down during a crisis. I'm 100% done with WWE.

WWE2K21's not looking so great for me at the moment now that Kurt Angle, Gallows and Anderson etc. are gone.

Heck, I even use Sarah Logan a lot.

I know a video game is not important in the grand scheme of things but it's still a bummer. :sunny:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

The full list of releases thus far:

• Curt Hawkins
  • Zack Ryder
  • Karl Anderson
  • Luke Gallows
  • Heath Slater
  • Eric Young
  • Eric Rowan
  • Sarah Logan
  • EC3
  • Aiden English
  • Lio Rush
  • Primo
  • Epico
  • No Way Jose
  • Mike Kanellis
  • Referee Mike Chioda
  • Lance Storm
  • Drake Maverick
  • Rusev
  • Kurt Angle
  • Fit Finlay
  • Shane Helms
  • Billy Kidman
  • Mike 'IRS' Rotunda
  • Pat Buck
  • Shawn Daivari
  • Sarah Stock
  • Jerry Soto
  • Many contractors, consultants, third party hires, behind the scenes crew and back office employees

An incredibly talented whose who. We'd all be rejoicing right now if the economic forecast wasn't so bleak. Some of these people will be brought back as they're being furloughed out, but most are probably future endeavored.  Out of all the tasteless things WWE have done, cutting employees during a pandemic and economic crises and forcing their remaining talent to travel after bribing government officials is now the absolute worst. And that isn't even counting Vince scrapping the XFL and giving all those employees, coaches, investors, creditors and local stadiums a Monday night raw deal. 

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

WWE2K21's not looking so great for me at the moment now that Kurt Angle, Gallows and Anderson etc. are gone.

If there even is one. 2K21 is all but cancelled at this point. 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Denim&Venöm said:

If there even is one. 2K21 is all but cancelled at this point. 

Yeah, that is the rumor going around.

I wish they would at least say something like "Hey, don't buy into those WWE2K cancellation rumors. :mlp_smug:*" *Wink emoji means "trust us.". :muffins:

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Heck, I even use Sarah Logan a lot.

I know a video game is not important in the grand scheme of things but it's still a bummer. :sunny:

it's sounding like 2K21 is actually cancelled

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Megas said:

it's sounding like 2K21 is actually cancelled

I like WWE2K20 even with all of its issues & after all of the roster cuts sticking with that game for another year doesn't sound so bad. :ooh:

I know other people would disagree. 

Well at least there's some good news to report from the puro side of things. 

NJPW part of united pro-wrestling front in govt. talks on COVID-19

Hiroshi Tanahashi and Chairman Naoki Sugabayashi join representatives from multiple promotions in consultation with Japanese government 

ph02-%E3%81%AE%E3%82%B3%E3%83%94%E3%83%B

On Wednesday April 15, led by Bushiroad Company Director Takaaki Kidani, Hiroshi Tanahashi and NJPW Chairman Naoki Sugabayashi joined representatives from STARDOM, Pro Wrestling NOAH, All Japan Pro-Wrestling, DDT Pro-Wrestling, Diana and Tokyo Joshi Pro-Wrestling at Tokyo’s Lower House Assembly Hall. Together the company representatives were present to consult with the Japanese Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, (and former NJPW wrestler) Hiroshi Hase to discuss how the COVID-19 crisis has affected the professional wrestling industry in Japan. 

The representatives met with Hase with the goal of presenting a request for Coronavirus testing kits for wrestlers and staff in the industry, as well as support to cover pay for wrestlers as events have cancelled under Japan’s current state of emergency in reaction to the virus. Said Kidani: ‘This formal proposal has my name signed at the bottom, but the issues covered are ones that affect the entire professional wrestling industry as well as all of sports and live entertainment. I hope that it will be accepted as such.’

Formal proposal 

‘The current Novel Coronavirus pandemic has seriously affected the entire professional wrestling industry, including but not limited to Bushiroad Group members New Japan Pro-Wrestling and STARDOM. 

Professional wrestling is a contact sport, and even matches without the public present is a dangerous undertaking in the current climate. We can not allow the flame of professional wrestling that has burned brightly in this country for over half a century to be exterminated. 

Therefore, we hereby make the following requests:

1.Testing kits

While we understand that top priority for medical supplies must go to those in centers on the front lines of battling this disease, if at all possible, we request that kits may be supplied to test and protect wrestlers and staff within the industry.

2.Compensation for contracted wrestlers

Not only the wrestlers under contract in our group of companies, but those in the industry at large are designated as contractors whose livelihood is therefore threatened by not being able to perform in the current climate. We ask that contracted wrestlers be met with benefits and protections befitting of full time employees. ‘

ph01.jpg

Mr. Hase received Kidani’s proposal and listened to his explanations with great interest before seeking the opinion of the wrestlers present. 

Hiroshi Tanahashi, New Japan Pro-Wrestling

‘While events have been cancelled, our wrestlers have been training diligently and maintaining their focus for an eventual return. Yes, not being able to wrestle does make a lot of us concerned for our livelihoods, but in the world of sports, be that baseball, soccer, or sumo, I feel that professional wrestling should be the anchor. I think it should be acceptable for professional wrestling to be the last sport to return to full activity. I want people to know that when professional wrestling is back, then and only then it means truly that Japanese entertainment has properly recovered.’

Mayu Iwatani, STARDOM

‘On a personal note, on February 19, I was scheduled to have a birthday party event, which was cancelled. On March 8, we streamed a live event with no fans in Korakuen Hall, but since then there have been cancellations after cancellations. We list our occupations as professional wrestlers, but to not have matches is, of course, incredibly frustrating. If we have access to testing kits for wrestlers and staff, it can put minds at ease and help us return to active duty. Rather than sitting and waiting for an unclear point in the future, to be able to take some kind of action like we’re doing today is something I’m extremely grateful for. I hope this can help the entire industry come back strong.’

There followed an explanation from a representative from the government’s sporting body about how various sports have attempted to combat the spread of COVID-19 through the use of temperature checks and hand sanitizers at venues, as well as a fundraising system whereby ticket refunds can be given back to organizations as a tax deductible donation. Finally, Hase himself delivered a statement.

Hiroshi Hase, Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology

‘Thank you to the representatives of the professional wrestling industry for sharing their plight, as well as to for the explanations from official bodies today. There are measures we can enact to assist enterprises, promotions and wrestlers during these times, and I would like to continue to discuss them further. This situation will not last forever. Speedy and accurate testing, effective treatment and medicinal development are all things the whole world is working together on. Professional wrestling has a huge and very important role in raising the flag of victory over COVID-19. I ask all staff members and all wrestlers to keep working to be in the best shape possible to spread joy to the fans with incredible matches very soon.’

Takaaki Kidani stated after the session ‘This was a big first step not just for professional wrestling, but for live entertainment at large. The goal of being fully active again is still some distance away, but today we were able to discuss various methods of support, and I am absolutely glad I was able to present this proposal.’

IMG_8062.jpg

List of attendees

Hiroshi Hase (lower house minister, Liberal Democratic Party)

Sports Board, Ministry of Economy Trade and Industry Representative (unnamed)

Takaaki Kidani (Company director, Bushiroad Group)

Hiroshi Tanahashi (New Japan Pro-Wrestling)

Naoki Sugabayashi (Chairman, New Japan Pro-Wrestling)

Suwama (All Japan Pro-Wrestling)

Takenori Fukuda (Representative Director, All Japan Pro-Wrestling)

HARASHIMA (DDT Pro-Wrestling)

Akira Takahashi (Operating Executive, DDT Pro-Wrestling)

Naomichi Marufuji (Executive Vice President, NOAH Global Entertainment)

Masashi Ishiguro (Head of Public Relations, NOAH Global Entertainment)

Mayu Iwatani (STARDOM)

Katsuhiko Harada (Representative Director, Bushiroad Fight)  

Yuka Sakazaki (Tokyo Joshi Pro-Wrestling)

Tetsuya Kouda (Representative, Tokyo Joshi Pro-Wrestling)

Kyoko Inoue (World Women’s Wrestling Diana)

Taishi Fuwa (World Women’s Wrestling Diana)

• Brohoof 2

I am sad to report that legendary ring announcer & WWE Hall of Famer Howard Finkel has passed away.

Thanks for the memories Mr. Finkel. :(

Edited by Sparklefan1234

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

And the news doesn't get any better today.

I forgot to post a source in my Howard Finkel post. :blush:

I'm going to miss his Royal Rumble announcements the most since he came up with the WrestleMania name &

it sounded like he was proud whenever he said it. :rarity: 

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

I forgot to post a source in my Howard Finkel post. :blush:

I'm going to miss his Royal Rumble announcements the most since he came up with the WrestleMania name &

it sounded like he was proud whenever he said it. :rarity: 

He was part of WWE's better half. With him gone, a spark of joy in that company went with him. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venöm said:

He was part of WWE's better half. With him gone, a spark of joy in that company went with him. 

I agree. Greg Hamilton is an excellent successor but there is only one "Fink". :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

That Paradigm Shift was very Dirty Deeds Wednesday night. Guess Hager wasn't gonna take the bump with the chair. Oh well, woulda been awesome if that happened~

I definitely think Lance Archer is gonna get the TNT Title too. His stuff with Jake is golden.

...just trying to think about something else in these times :sealed:

• Brohoof 1

@TheRockARooster @Pastel Heart I'm getting a bit of a Tyler Durden vibe from him. I know he can always go back to being his entitled megalomaniac self, but this new direction will suit him in the long run. And I know he'll have a home in Impact, but I think to make the most of his character and charisma, AEW would be the right place for him. I can even picture a feud with MJF off the bat. "I was like you once. Look where it took me." 

Or he could make some waves for this company.

WXW is hosting their 19th anniversary show for free. Go give one of the indy scenes finest companies a watch and spread the word. Show some support. Buy some merch. They're even running a deal where if you buy a ticket to a show, they'll match your price and give those tickets to essential personnel working in Germany for a free wrestling show down the line. 

"Help us by purchasing tickets for people working in jobs of systemic relevance. Every ticket purchased is matched by wXw with a second ticket free of charge. All those tickets will be given away to today’s heroes when we start to run shows again.http://covid19tickets.wxw-shop.com/

Oh and don't forget to turn on the subtitles. 

• Brohoof 3

16 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

EC3 > WWE

7 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

I wasn't big on EC3 in TNA or WWE but I'm definitely interested in this new side of him~ can't wait!

It's amazing what a wrestler can do when they have the ability to speak for themselves. :wau:

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, BrawnyCharger said:

For those who have the WWE Network, or at least have seen enough of the PPV's, Which WWE PPV intros of all time do you consider the best? 

You mean the hype packages, the theme songs or the actual animated logos they made for each show? 

• Brohoof 1