Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

I wouldn't mind if Sting had one last match, because retiring for good on the Seth Rollins match where he was struggling to stand by the would be too sad.

Have Sting face Matt Hardy to make up for that awful match Sting had with Jeff Hardy at Victory Road 2011. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

It is with heavy heart that I must inform you all that the wrestling world has lost one of it's own in Shad Gaspard. He was declared missing yesterday after he and his son were caught in a riptide at an LA Beach. Shad directed life guards to save his son first. They were not able to go back and save him. The search is still on going, but after being out there for an entire day, they're not optimistic in finding him alive, if at all. 

You may remember Shad and his tag partner JTG from Cryme Time. But you also may have seen him take up some acting gigs as well as having done motion capture for video games, most notably as Kratos in the last God Of War game. Sad conicidence, that he portrayed a hero, and now he gave his life to become one. 

Rest In Power, Shad. 

tumblr_lwtu1yDso91r7robao1_500.jpg

It also pains me to report on the loss of Larry Csonska, columnis and reviewer for 411 mania, who has been writing about wrestling for over 18 years. He was respected and adored for his enthusiasm for wrestling and the detail he'd go into for reviewing shows, from the biggest super shows to your local indy. This was a guy who could give Meltzer a run for his money. 

May his legacy live on. 

• Brohoof 1

Holy crap. Cryme Tyme were one of my favorite tag teams of the late Ruthless Aggression period. I didn't know he did motion work for God of War too, that's super cool.

411 was one of the first wrestling websites if I recall so I've probably read a Csonska review before too. 

At least they don't have to see the world get any worse.

This year sucks.

• Brohoof 1

And this week just keeps getting better...

It is with a heavy heart that I must inform you that the wrestling world has also lost Hanna Kimura, second generation star and one of the top wrestler's in Stardom.  She sadly took her own life after getting overwhelming fan backlash from her stint on a reality TV show. She was only 22. 

May she finally find the peace that was missing in her life and may her legacy live on. 

EFEW5-ZU8AAkhTU?format=jpg&name=large

If I may discuss the Owen Hart episode of The Dark Side of the Ring, It's this very episode that makes me hate the guts of Vince McMahon, Vince Russo, Jerry McDevitt, and Kevin Dunn. And may I keep asking this as well, "What's the worst that could have happened had the WWF not gone through all that trouble with the stunt and better yet, not bothered to put Owen back in the Blue Blazer gimmick?" I do not have a high opinion of WWF 1999, and this is one of the reasons why. I also imagine that a number of current WWE talent have watched the episode and are going to give McMahon and Dunn hell for what happened to Owen.

21 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Here's something that can brighten the mood a little bit. 

It took me a second to figure out that was Owen Hart. :twismile:

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Who'd you think it was?

I thought he was someone who didn't belong in a wrestling comic who is also still alive. 

Dave Coulier aka Joey from Full House.

300?cb=20180602215835 

His hair threw me off. :twismile:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

This makes me think there's probably a promotion up in Heaven. Can you imagine the many title reigns and spectacular matches of Savage, Owen, Bulldog, Vader, Hennig, Rude, Vader, Piper, Yoko, Pillman, Andre, etc. Monsoon and Heenan on commentary and Mean Gene giving the interviews in this Heaven promotion.

• Brohoof 2

Well there's a Fire Pro idea!

I hope Chyna finally got the world championship she deserved. I'm imagining an awkward feud against Benoit, with Eddie stuck between his mamacita and best friend. Also Brian Pillman vs. Rowdy Roddy Piper because that would be NUTS... maybe a bit too TV-14 for heaven though :mlp_wink:

• Brohoof 1

So basically light DoN was a thing, and what a thing it was. It was an action packed show but it was a largely positive show. The right people won. The feel good moments felt organic. It was still hard hitting and brutal. And that stadium stampede was a master stroke of brilliance. That is how you do a cinematic match. By making people forget it's cinematic. 

During a very difficult time for wrestling, and during an especially difficult week, DoN was just what we all needed. I now get why they decided to hold shows anyways. Because it's actually making a difference for us fans when we need it most. 

This maybe my show of the year, right up there with Revolution and WrestleKingdom 14. 

• Brohoof 2

25 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

So basically light DoN was a thing, and what a thing it was. It was an action packed show but it was a largely positive show. The right people won. The feel good moments felt organic. It was still hard hitting and brutal. And that stadium stampede was a master stroke of brilliance. That is how you do a cinematic match. By making people forget it's cinematic. 

During a very difficult time for wrestling, and during an especially difficult week, DoN was just what we all needed. I now get why they decided to hold shows anyways. Because it's actually making a difference for us fans when we need it most. 

This maybe my show of the year, right up there with Revolution and WrestleKingdom 14. 

Probably not show of the year in my opinion as a good chunk of matches fell flat if not average at best (bar MJF vs Jungle Boy). The main events were great tho.

And it is with a heavy heart I must inform you all of the passing of death match veteran Danny Havoc. He was only 35 years old. 

8d47db_483d4d454bc743a683d77b9e1bbf0f8b.png

Dude was also a graphic designer. he's the one who made Mox's first piece of AEW merch. 

aew1062-t.png

May his legacy live on. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh... remember him. Tournament of Death 08 was one of my favorite ToDs and he put a heck of a show. Awesome dude.

This year sucks. Maybe somewhere he can have deathmatches with Mr. Pogo and the original Sheik now. RIP ♡

• Brohoof 2

Just now, TheRockARooster 🐓 said:

I’m a Hulkamaniac. ^^

Is it in Rocky 2 that he is a guest star? He's so huge and scary! :love:

• Brohoof 2