Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

I know it's been hard on us fans these past few weeks. And this thread is more than just posting bad news. 

So let's have some levity!

How's Jushin 'Thunder' Liger doing in retirement? 

r/njpw - Jushin Liger post retirement body

• Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

I know it's been hard on us fans these past few weeks. And this thread is more than just posting bad news. 

So let's have some levity!

r/njpw - Jushin Liger post retirement body

Jushin giving his best Hogan impression lmao 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

With being in shape like that Jushin 'Thunder' Liger could go forever if he wanted to. :wau:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

Jushin giving his best Hogan impression lmao 

Except with far superior facial hair. 

Nobody can beat the famous Keiji Mutoh goatee. 

• Brohoof 2

And breaking news folks! NJPW will be running live shows again! Empty arena of course. Better yet, the New Japan Cup is back on! New brackets are as follows! And the final will be set for the 11th, with Dominion, the next night, both at Osaka Jo hall, which will be filled to 1/3 capacity, putting attendance at around 5K fans .  It'll be the biggest wrestling show since the Royal Rumble. Glad to see NJPW taking their time and approaching this with caution. Some other companies can learn a thing or two. 

en600400.png.f8508c2c48f625cc1263bdc4a333cdc1.png

• Brohoof 2

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you all of the passing of Johnny Walker, better known as Mr. Wrestling II. He was 86 years old, and wrestled on and off again for 50 of them. 

May his legacy live on. 

unnamed.jpg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I haven't posted here in awhile huh. Aside from AEW I'm super out of the loop. Mr. Wrestling being gone is weird since its like hes always beem there... Pro Hiromu in New Japan Cup. Make Daryl proud!

Enjoyed Dynamite. I like the TNT title showcases. Craving some attitude era nostalgia but broke. Will prolly replay No Mercy soon cos why not~

Edited by Pastel Heart
  • Brohoof 2

And it is with a heavy heart I must inform you all of the passing of one Chloe Wilson, former WWE superstar and beloved manager of Torrie Wilson. She was 17 years old. 

6ca76f17e946ef27357c0866cf703ad3.jpg

May her legacy live on. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

And breaking news.

Tessa Blanchard has been stripped of the Impact world title and fired. She made no attempt to return to the states, didn't send in video for a promo package but did a Photoshoot for AAA, and has been a generally icy diva. 

This paired with accusations against her about being a backstage bully do not bode well for her career, especially with the industry wide shake up taking place. 

Our first female world champion everyone. 

• Brohoof 1

Between Tessa and Velveteen Dream it's really sad seeing these great wrestlers getting in trouble like this... I was really excited about Tessa carrying the torch that Chyna lit. Sexy Star was a world champion too and that went south too. I hope this doesn't sour intergender wrestling for other promotions. How about Jazz? PCO became champion so I don't think she's too old! I'd love a Jazz push if she's healthy enough for it. Nyla Rose gives me big Chyna vibes so I'd like seeing her too!

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Our first female world champion everyone. 

I thought "Divas" were a WWE thing. :maud: 

I don't think this would happen if WWE gave Charlotte Flair their main Championship. >_>

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I thought "Divas" were a WWE thing. :maud: 

I don't think this would happen if WWE gave Charlotte Flair their main Championship. >_>

Well no, because if she did, where would she go who would pay and book her as well as the -E? 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Well no, because if she did, where would she go who would pay and book her as well as the -E? 

I'm saying Charlotte would probably have more respect for her position if WWE decided to give her the WWE Championship.

Sorry for the confusion, My Friend. :twismile:

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm saying Charlotte would probably have more respect for her position if WWE decided to give her the WWE Championship.

Sorry for the confusion, My Friend. :twismile:

Oh of course she would stay if she was holding the top prize in the company. Now would the fans respect her? Probably not. Unless they somehow spun the first female WWE champion into a heel move. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Denim&Venöm said:

Oh of course she would stay if she was holding the top prize in the company. Now would the fans respect her? Probably not. Unless they somehow spun the first female WWE champion into a heel move. 

I'm not sure. I think Charlotte is a great athlete but that's about it. 

30 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I'm not sure. I think Charlotte is a great athlete but that's about it. 

She's a natural heel, like her dad. Her smugness combined with her stilted, robotic delivery makes her seem a bit unnatural, and thus unlikable. If Mark Zuckerburg wrestled, this is how I'd imagine him doing it. The real issue though is that WWE are portraying her as a face by changing absolutely nothing. And you know how WWE faces need to be front and center for everything. 

• Brohoof 1

58 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

The real issue though is that WWE are portraying her as a face by changing absolutely nothing.

And you know how WWE faces need to be front and center for everything. 

I didn't really understand WWE's experiment where they had Charlotte on Raw, SmackDown & NXT.

I think Champions should stay on their own shows unless one of WWE's "big four" PPV's is coming up. 

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I didn't really understand WWE's experiment where they had Charlotte on Raw, SmackDown & NXT.

If they think she's a good guy, then they believe everyone else must think so too and thus she must be a ratings draw. So she could draw fans from one show (mostly Raw) onto the others. 

• Brohoof 1

If they think she's a good guy, then they believe everyone else must think so too and thus she must be a ratings draw. So she could draw fans from one show (mostly Raw) onto the others. 

I don't think anyone in WWE draws fans in their current state. 

Unless you're NXT. At least for this week anyways. 

Yeah.

I'm not sure if I like wrestling more without a crowd or with a makeshift crowd, I think they're both annoying for different reasons.

1. No crowd makes things feel lifeless.
  2. Makeshift crowds make things feel forced.