Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Yeah.

I'm not sure if I like wrestling more without a crowd or with a makeshift crowd, I think they're both annoying for different reasons.

1. No crowd makes things feel lifeless.
  2. Makeshift crowds make things feel forced. 

It all comes down to how good the action is. If it's good enough, you shouldn't notice. Bea Priestley vs. Will Osprey, Kyle Fletcher vs. Connor Mills, El Desperado vs. Tomohiro Ishii, Minoru Suzuki vs. Yuji Nagata. Didn't notice the lack of crowd at all. Omega vs. Trent. Britt Baker vs. Hikaru Shida. Mox vs. Brodie Lee. Limited crowd added a little bit but didn't really effect how great those matches were. 

Basically, if you're noticing the lack of a crowd, the wrestling isn't doing it's job. 

• Brohoof 2

14 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Basically, if you're noticing the lack of a crowd, the wrestling isn't doing it's job. 

I'm also getting tired of cinematic matches, TBH. The first time was cool I guess but I hope they don't overdo it. 

I gotta few things to talk about today!

First, speaking of controversy

Is it bad if I still like New Jack? I watched the Dark Side of the Ring episode on him recently, and afterwards I've watched a ton of interviews and shoots on him by this point as well as read his twitter cos I've been kinda wondering what kinda person he really is the past week. Between all this, rewatching Beyond the Mat for his scenes, I think I understand him a lot better. I think New Jack is actually one of the most interesting people I've ever known about. He's talented, crazy, unapologetic, but a cool guy around his friends and people he respects. He's very real. He knows who he is, what he's about, doesn't live for the approval of others, does what he wants and is street smart enough to not end up with a metaphorical  (or literal) knife in his back. New Jack has a very strong individual sense of self, has a code he sticks by even if its an unconventional one, and has probably the most fascinating career I've ever seen. Yeah, I think he did go overboard a few times  (and you probably know the times) but I just can't find myself able to dislike the guy. Maybe New Jack represents a primal personality we wish we could all get away with... but of course maybe it's also nostalgia talking since I've liked him since ECW. 

Aside from that, how is WWE failing so hard at covid management lol? It's almost impressive. An entire mini outbreak in the company. WWE is so much like WCW in 2000 these days, everything that could go wrong is going wrong. It's like a train wreck. Hope everyone in the covid contact span will be okay ♡

Dynamite was great as usual, I'm really getting into Britt Bakers character, and I LOVE the chemistry between Orange Cassidy and Chris Jericho! I'm really really interested where this goes!

12 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

Aside from that, how is WWE failing so hard at covid management lol? It's almost impressive. An entire mini outbreak in the company. WWE is so much like WCW in 2000 these days, everything that could go wrong is going wrong. It's like a train wreck. Hope everyone in the covid contact span will be okay 

Probably because Vince isn't used to stopping for anyone or anything. He's stubborn to a fault and lives in his own bubble. No really, all he does is go to the gym, run the show, limo ride, plane ride, hotel, repeat. While he's in his world, he has no clue how the real one operates,  let alone in trying circumstances. 

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

He's stubborn to a fault and lives in his own bubble. No really, all he does is go to the gym, run the show, limo ride, plane ride, hotel, repeat.

I watched a Youtube video that had a section about "a day in the life of Vince McMahon".

It's amazing how Vince McMahon functions at such a high level on only a couple hours of sleep. 

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I watched a Youtube video that had a section about "a day in the life of Vince McMahon".

It's amazing how Vince McMahon functions at such a high level on only a couple hours of sleep. 

Considering how things are playing out, I think functional is pushing it. 

• Brohoof 2

Who are the "Top 8" people that you think should be in the "WWE Hall of Fame"?

This is my "Top 8" in no particular order: 

1. The Rock
  2. The Undertaker
  3. Kane
  4. Christian
  5. Owen Hart
  6. Mike Chioda ("Warrior Award" recipient.)
  7. Molly Holly
  8. William/Steven Regal
  • Brohoof 1

1. Undertaker
  2. Rock
  3. Brian Pillman
  4. Jim Cornette
  5. Miss Elizabeth
  6. Rick Martel
  7. Vader
  8. Dynamite Kid

I would put Owen Hart there but considering the Dark Side of the Ring documentary, I'm going to respectfully leave him off. Besides he's already inducted into 2 legitimate Pro Wrestling Halls of Fame so there's that.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 7/3/2020 at 12:34 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Who are the "Top 8" people that you think should be in the "WWE Hall of Fame"?

This is my "Top 8" in no particular order: 

1. The Rock
  2. The Undertaker
  3. Kane
  4. Christian
  5. Owen Hart
  6. Mike Chioda ("Warrior Award" recipient.)
  7. Molly Holly
  8. William/Steven 
  1. Undertaker
  2. The Rock
  3. Vader
  4. Demolition
  5. Earthquake
  6. Miss Elizabeth
  7. Mickie James
  8. CM Punk

I left some off because they’re still active (Rey Mysterio, Hardy Boyz, John Cena, Chris Jericho) or if they’re unlikely to be inducted for other reasons (e.g. Owen Hart who would have topped my list otherwise).

Celebrity inductees: Cyndi Lauper, Lemmy.

Edited by Sonic Shimmer
  • Brohoof 1

1. Chyna

2. Brian Pillman

3. Wendi Richter

4. Tommy Dreamer

5. Undertaker

6. Sabu

7. Zach Gowen (Warrior Award)

8. Cyndi Lauper (Celebrity Wing)

Benoit and Owen would be there, but, you know. :(

• Brohoof 1

And after 17 years of service, the gorgeous WWE united States championship belt, the last hold out of the SD6 era, has been retired. 

And it's successor has been unveiled to the world. 

Spoiler

New-WWE-United-States-Championship-Title-Belt-July-2020.jpg

• Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

And after 17 years of service, the gorgeous WWE united States championship belt, the last hold out of the SD6 era, has been retired. 

Hide contents

Meh. Inconsistent lettering and looks too much like the 2013 WWE title. I'd prefer the old WCW US title design tbh

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 7/7/2020 at 12:23 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

That's a shame, I really liked that United States Championship. :sunny:

On 7/7/2020 at 12:23 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

I'm not a fan of WWE's new belt designs, TBH. :lie:

On 7/7/2020 at 1:16 PM, Pastel Heart said:

Meh. Inconsistent lettering and looks too much like a NWA-TNA title. I'd prefer the old WCW US title design tbh

Fixed to express my thoughts. :nom:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

I was, though I don't really keep up with it anymore. My favorites when I did watch the WWE were Rey Mysterio and Rob Van Dam (probably bias on RVD's part as he's from the same town as I grew up in), though Undertaker is, as expected, also up there. Mostly got into it because my older cousin was a huge fan, but it was fun.

• Brohoof 3

On 7/7/2020 at 2:23 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

Reveal hidden contents

Easily the best looking title on the main roster.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Brosparkles said:

I was, though I don't really keep up with it anymore. My favorites when I did watch the WWE were Rey Mysterio and Rob Van Dam (probably bias on RVD's part as he's from the same town as I grew up in), though Undertaker is, as expected, also up there. Mostly got into it because my older cousin was a huge fan, but it was fun.

I fell out with WWE too. No Attitude, no Ruthless Aggression, no sale~

I recommend you try watching AEW if you want wrestling that's more like what you grew up with! And if you like hardcore wrestling, CZW and Big Japan Pro Wrestling are worth a look~

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Brosparkles said:

As mentioned I would recommend AEW. Healthy blend of so many different styles that something will stick with you. I'd also watch Lucha Underground, which is on Netflix. Not active anymore and they made only four seasons of matches, but it was Rey's last full time gig between him leaving and returning to WWE. Lot of the guys on LU have become major players in WWE and AEW. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
5 hours ago, Cable Cooper said:

Easily the best looking title on the main roster.

I thought the United States Championship was definitely the best looking title on the modern roster.

Everything else either has a colorful strap or a giant "W" on it.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

12 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

As mentioned I would recommend AEW. Healthy blend of so many different styles that something will stick with you. I'd also watch Lucha Underground, which is on Netflix. Not active anymore and they made only four seasons of matches, but it was Rey's last full time gig between him leaving and returning to WWE. Lot of the guys on LU have become major players in WWE and AEW. 

Don't forget about NXT either. Best thing WWE has doing on right now.

8 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I thought the United States Championship was definitely the best looking title on the modern roster.

Everything else either has a colorful strap or a giant "W" on it.

Yeah exactly. Zero creativity with the women's titles and the two world titles. The US and Intercontinental titles are just downright gorgeous looking and WWE should redesign those cookie cutter world titles to look more original.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Now, who do you see in this picture? 

r/njpw - TIL Undertaker (as Punisher Dice Morgan) wrestled in NJPW for about 3 weeks between his WCW and WWE stints. This is him with Scott Hall (not Rick Rude) challenging Masa Saito and Shinya Hashimoto for the IWGP Tag Team Championship.

Scott Hall & "a bulked-up Sami Zayn".                                                                                 :sealed:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Scott Hall & "a bulked-up Sami Zayn".                                                                                 :sealed:

How the heck did you know that was Scott Hall? 

• Brohoof 1