Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Miro is great.

Rowan/Redbeard is a smart and chill guy, I've been a big fan of him since the Wyatt Family days. Maybe AEW will give him a chance. He would be great in JCW too when they pick back up

Finished watching all of the CZW monthly PPVs available on Tubi last night too. Brilliant stuff. I love deathmatch wrestling so much. I hope they add the rest after awhile!

Speaking of deathmatch wrestling, BJPW now has an English Twitter too. I'm happy they're finally reaching westward!! 

• Brohoof 1

So bad news. AEW's first show here in Milwaukee has been rescheduled. Again. To July. I would have waited 16 months by the time I finally get to see them live from the comfort of my second row, one spot from the barricade, seat. :yeahno: 

But good news. The G1 kicks off this weekend! Brackets are as follows! 

We're finally approaching a sense of normalcy from NJPW now that their Gaijin heavy hitters are back in town. Also quite a bit of uncertainty this year on who will prevail.

Naito reclaiming that G1 Trophy and finally scaling the mountain top has been a running thread throughout every tournament, thus making him a strong favorite to win for half a decade. But now that he finally achieved his dream, Naito walks into the G1 not as the hungry contender, but the target. A brand new story can be told here and it'll be interesting who will be anointed the first man for Naito to defend his crown against at WK15.

Favorites to win this year are Sanada, getting that push into main event stardom after coming so close last year and truly testing the limits of LIJ's unity, Kota Ibushi becoming a back to back winner and planting the seeds for the heel turn we've seen teased in his matches. And surprisingly, Naito himself becoming the first in 20 years to win the G1 as world champion and name his own challenger, and everyone wants that challenger to be Hiromu Takehashi. The first ever meeting that folks were hyped to see back in March, but has now built a new sense of anticipation ever since. And they've been teasing it alright. 

But regardless of who wins, we are set for some stellar matches, particularly in A Block. 

Just about every combination of men not named Yujiro has the potential to have a Moty candidate. Especially looking forward to first time bouts between Ibushi/Shingo and Ibushi/Suzuki. 

B block won't be best block this year. But quite a bit of inter-faction tension and personal stakes. That whole bottom row plays out like Naito's own rogues gallery. 

All in all, it looks like a fun G1 this year. My only gripe is that Mox won't be returning for it after his stellar run last year, but understandable given his commitments as the AEW champion. Tony Khan won't have him disappear for a month, potentially get injured again and screw up the Elite's best laid plans once more.

So predictions! Who are you expecting to win, who do you wanna see win and what are your most anticipated matches? 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Is his new wrestling gimmick  going to be a grumpy pirate? image.png.c1af8185617842706c2ecb6f043615eb.png

Nah, he said that Erick Redbeard was gonna be his indie name. I think we have enough pirates with Paul Burchill running around!

ICP should grab him for some JCW shows if AEW doesn't, he has a great sense of humor and he could do what he wants to do; have fun.

4 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

TEAM KENTA. Wouldn't make much sense storyline wise but I wanna see KENTA win the big one, i love him.

Booking wise, Ibushi needs this after what happened earlier this year. It makes perfect sense. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing Hiromu in the main event at the least~

• Brohoof 2

On 9/17/2020 at 4:47 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

So bad news. AEW's first show here in Milwaukee has been rescheduled. Again. To July. I would have waited 16 months by the time I finally get to see them live from the comfort of my second row, one spot from the barricade, seat. :yeahno: 

But good news. The G1 kicks off this weekend! Brackets are as follows! 

1. Bleh! :yeahno:
  2. I'm pretty sure Sanada is my favorite wrestler in New Japan since Kushida's departure so I'll choose him to win the G1. :grin:
  • Brohoof 1

*Singing* 

Retribution's not a mystery

A bunch of losers from NXT. 

On 9/19/2020 at 5:20 PM, CastletonSnob said:

How would you react if WWE had a musical episode?

Aiden English would've been the only one performing. :sunny:

• Brohoof 2

59 minutes ago, Sonic Shimmer said:

Another one of the legends gone. RIP Animal.

https://www.wwe.com/article/road-warrior-animal-passes-away

Now we've lost them both, way too soon. The first team to transcend face or heel and just be downright awesome. 

I actually met animal almost a decade ago at a Blizzard Brawl show. Let me wear the shoulder (quite comfy btw) and have record a short vid with him. I'll find that old camera one day. Nice guy. Very patient with awkward, nerdy, teenage me. Would run in and save Demolition from a beat down. 

To all you've both done for tag team wrestling, thank you LOD. 

• Brohoof 3

42 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

No. I'm saying I couldn't see John Cena. :mlp_icwudt:/:P

His opponent was either Invisible man or Invisible Stan, the guys that had that MOTY contender a few years back at Joey Janela's spring break. 

• Brohoof 1

So how would WWE take a cut of a wrestler's Twitch earnings? Are WWE moderating the wrestler's accounts somehow? :confused:

10-8-20: I'm having an Attitude Era day! @Pastel Heart would be proud. :proud:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

15 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

@Sparklefan1234 I recommend Summerslam 2000 and Wrestlemania X7, my favorites~

Those are two of my favorites, too, BWBFF! 

I watched the 2000 Royal Rumble/the HIAC  between Cactus Jack and Triple H, Undertaker vs. Mankind KOTR 98 and Edge vs. Mick Foley at

WrestleMania 22.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Those are two of my favorites, too, BWBFF! 

I watched the 2000 Royal Rumble/the HIAC  between Cactus Jack and Triple H, Undertaker vs. Mankind KOTR 98 and Edge vs. Mick Foley at

WrestleMania 22.

2000 Royal Rumble is very good! Aside from Chyna coming up short. Triple H and Cactus Jack is one of my favorite hardcore matches ever!!! Closest the WWF ever got to a proper deathmatch. Bless Mick Foley 

Wrestlemania 22 Isn't what I'd call Attitude but it's the perfect sendoff of Ruthless Aggression IMO~!

I miss having the network cos I miss my 1997-2007 WWF/E and ECW.

Edited by Pastel Heart
  • Brohoof 1

On 8/26/2020 at 12:57 PM, Anti-Villain said:

So far -- pointless, annoying ripoff of both Nexus and Aces & Eights.

Now that Retribution's been fleshed out, my opinion's improved.

Edited by Anti-Villain

16 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

2000 Royal Rumble is very good! Aside from Chyna coming up short.

Way short. Chyna was "blink and you'll miss it" in the 2000 Royal Rumble. The way she was eliminated was unique though.  

• 2 weeks later...

So before I get to work on my long ass G1 review, I thought I'd share something else I watched during that time and that was one of the nights for Pro wrestling NOAH's N1-Victory, basically their G1. NOAH for those who don't remember, is the youngest of Japan's Big 3 aside New Japan and All Japan Pro Wrestling. The were the critically acclaimed company in wrestling throughout the '00s. Daniel Bryan, The Briscoes, Samoa Joe, Nick Aldis, ZSJ, Eddie Edwards, and many of today's indy vets got their start, especially during ROH's first decade. And lets not forget they led to the likes of KENTA & Taiji Ishimori as well. They're on a bit of a rebuilding phase, but seem to have a plan after a merger with DDT. Yes, the comedy company that gave us Omega and Ibushi. They're sister promotions now under the management of Riki Chosu. The show is available for $15 on Fite TV. Here's why you shouldn't buy it. 

The good: lots of great action. A very talented crew that would be major stars if given the exposure here in the west. My favorite two guys were Kennoh, whose like a fusion of Nakamura and Sanada. Cool customer who throws lots of strikes. Won his match via flash KO. The other is Katsuhiko Nakajima. He's what would happen if Ibushi and Naito did the fusion dance. Throws kicks I had never seen before, but got very cocky and it cost him his match with Shuhei Tanaguchi, a buff tag team vet who throws punts stiff enough to make Randall Keith question his life choices. What also set this show apart was an air of unpredictability. While you're just about guaranteed an epic slugfest in NJPW, matches end at anytime in any fashion in NOAH. Flash KOs from Kennoh via palm strike. MMA vet Kazushi Sakuraba ending his match via tap out in a minute. Even the action packed opening multiman tag ended in a time limit draw. The G1 hasn't had a time limit draw in over two years. So I think there's a lot to like in modern day NOAH and they got a solid plan going forward. They just need better exposure. And better English commentary. 

The bad: Have you ever watched Heroes of Wrestling? Please say no. If you did, my condolences. But you would have enjoyed better commentary on that show than you would've here.  Oh sweet Luna. The commentary for this show was bucking awful. First off the quality of the English audio sounded worse than shows from the 70s. I've heard screaming toddlers on X-Box live with richer audio quality. Second, I have no freakin clue where they found these guys but they should put them back and make sue they never leave. Sonny Onoo, remember him? WCW's bootleg Mr.Fuji? He was on color. He had no idea who any of these people were and neither did the play by play goof. No research was done. Names were pronounced wrong. Moves were mixed up. No insight was given as to who anyone was or what was going on. Who the factions were and what the history was. They confused NOAH's wrestling style for "Strong Style" which is a strictly NJPW thing. Said the tournament was for a shot at the wrong championship. Even got the name of the championships wrong. Reddit said it best. Bad commentary is worse than no commentary. 

Verdict: Great action marred by the worst commentary you'll ever hear. The English audio offers zero value. Go rent DDT universe for 999 yen and watch it from there. You may not understand Japanese but at least it won't sound like it's being fed through a Wendy's drive through speaker. $15 bucks for one night of block action is steep even for good English commentary anyways. 

Mauro Ranallo. Chris Hero. NOAH needs your help behind the desk more than ever. 

• Brohoof 1