Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Does the NWA have a partnership with AEW? I have no clue who Thunder Rosa is with anymore. 

Technically they've had a partnership going back since All In. We're not sure either as we don't know her contract status. But that partnership has been there since September. I don't think it particularly matters since the Goodbrothers have been on AEW everyweek, even though they're Impact. 

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Technically they've had a partnership going back since All In. We're not sure either as we don't know her contract status. But that partnership has been there since September. I don't think it particularly matters since the Goodbrothers have been on AEW everyweek, even though they're Impact. 

I was thinking about an  NWA/Impact "invasion" angle but that would probably go as well as last time. 

I actually really enjoyed the WWF/Alliance storyline.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I was thinking about an  NWA/Impact "invasion" angle but that would probably go as well as last time. 

I actually really enjoyed the WWF/Alliance storyline.

I didn't recall there was a last time. Considering the unamicable split in 2007 and how Impact poached a few NWA guys, Billy Corgan vowed to never work with impact again. 

And I'm guessing you weren't much of a WCW or ECW fan back then?

• Brohoof 1

My takeaways from Fastlane last night:

Spoiler

Surprisingly solid show for the most part.

Revolution was finally put out of its misery.

Rollins vs Nakamura was great, it was good to see Shinsuke with his fire back.

The women's tag match was fine, up until the strange "How dare you bump me" bit. But at least we got heel Sasha out of it.

It's good to see Apollo Crews actually do something, strange gimmick or no.

Drew vs Sheamus was match of the night, imo. Big Celtic Hoss fight with a lot of weapon spots and hard hitting, just what I wanted.

I don't care what you say, I enjoyed the silly spooky crap in Bliss vs Orton and I popped for Extra Crispy Wyatt.

Roman vs Bryan was great... up until someone accidentally left Run Ins turned on and Jey ruined it. And then Edge got angry with both of them and... is he or Roman the heel in this now?

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-03-21 at 3:56 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

I didn't recall there was a last time.

I was referring to the Alliance invading the WWF which, turned into a giant McMahon family feud by the end. Sorry for the confusion. 

Considering the unamicable split in 2007 and how Impact poached a few NWA guys, Billy Corgan vowed to never work with impact again. 

I didn't know Billy Corgan vowed to never work with Impact again. 

And I'm guessing you weren't much of a WCW or ECW fan back then?

I was a WCW fan. That's where I was first introduced to "Air Styles". B)

Moments ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I didn't know Billy Corgan vowed to never work with Impact again. 

Yeah they poached Willie Mack, one of the guys Billy wanted to build the company around. Why he dropped the National belt to Colt Cabanna so soon after winning it. 

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I was a WCW fan. That's where I was first introduced to "Air Styles". B)

Funny story about Air Paris. Everyone thought he died. He had to go back onto Twitter and tell everypony "No I'm not dead. I just quit the business and graduated to ski instructing." 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Yeah they poached Willie Mack, one of the guys Billy wanted to build the company around. Why he dropped the National belt to Colt Cabanna so soon after winning it. 

Willie Mack = Slightly slimmer Keith Lee with more beard. :mustache:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

8 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Willie Mack = Slightly slimmer Keith Lee with more beard. :mustache:

Out of all the terms used to describe Willie Mack, slightly slimmer is probably a first. 

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

It's a shame that once you've seen one AJ Styles match in WWE you've pretty much seen them all.  That's how I see things at least. 

Tbh I agree and it’s such a shame.

• Brohoof 2

On 2021-03-30 at 8:45 AM, TheRockARooster said:

This is still one of the funniest segments that I’ve ever seen in wrestling.

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay Lethal is underrated, I miss Black Machismo

10 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

It looks like Cody Rhodes's crap tattoo

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

This was my first thought after seeing the new IWGP World Heavyweight Championship:

divas-champion-charlotte-flair-9.jpg

15 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Jay Lethal is underrated, I miss Black Machismo

It looks like Cody Rhodes's crap tattoo

Yeah, whatculture drew the comparisons to both.

fdfbe8b.thumb.jpg.74b8f8357e10602b3dbb7d7109b467af.jpg

It's not a bad design though. It's a very well crafted belt and on its own would be an exceptional flagship title. But while a well crafted belt, a common complaint is the shape. Parallel to the divas title, yes. But it also resembles IWGP V2. 

ExuuTwbUYAAtxfZ.jpeg.43e46d380e4593aec58ba0492d50fe79.jpeg

The problem is that it replaced not one but two of the most gorgeous championships in wrestling history. Expectations were always going to be sky high. This belt is good. But the last two were great.

unnamed-1.jpg.42136650ad72b8d70d105c7b5cd38917.jpg

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

The problem is that it replaced not one but two of the most gorgeous championships in wrestling history. Expectations were always going to be sky high. This belt is good. But the last two were great.

The Championship looks nicer up close. 

At least they didn't change their Intercontinental Championship. :kindness:

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The Championship looks nicer up close. 

At least they didn't change their Intercontinental Championship. :kindness:

They did.

That belt isn't a new iteration of the IWGP heavyweight title. It's a new championship entirely. Both heavyweight and Intercontinental Titles were merged to make the new IWGP world heavyweight championship.  So yeah, both titles are retired now. :sunny:

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

They did.

That belt isn't a new iteration of the IWGP heavyweight title. It's a new championship entirely. Both heavyweight and Intercontinental Titles were merged to make the new IWGP world heavyweight championship.  So yeah, both titles are retired now. :sunny:

Oh. Well, at least mid carders still have the United States Championship to wrestle for. 

3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Oh. Well, at least mid carders still have the United States Championship to wrestle for. 

And the NEVER belt. And the RPW British belt whenever Osprey gets around to defending it. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

And the NEVER belt. And the RPW British belt whenever Osprey gets around to defending it. 

I always forget about the NEVER Championship. That must be due to its unique name. :twismile:

42 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I always forget about the NEVER Championship. That must be due to its unique name. :twismile:

Probably because it's a literal midcard belt in the traditional sense.  Little separates it from say the X-Division championship or the NXT North American title.  

But like the WWE IC belt, it is a workhorse title. The title for the hard nosed brawlers of the company. It's the belt that helped make Ishii, Shingo and Shibata into house hold names. So while the IC title is a big loss, it's a blessing in disguise for the NEVER championship. It may finally get the recognition it deserves as the secondary gold, and there's no better man to elevate it to that level than the reigning champ. 

image.thumb.png.5a1604950c61088b60659be53827ab03.png

• Brohoof 1

Big news out of Sakura Genesis. 

Spoiler
  • YOH made his return from injury alongside SHO to defeat Kanemaru and Despy to regain the Jr tag belts they never lost. YOH will now be challenging Despy for the Jr. Heavyweight title. 
  • Tanahashi has accepted Jay White's challenge for the NEVER openweight title, presumably for Dontaku next month, each now naming their respective submission holds after the other.
  • Chairman Sugubayashi has confiscated the possessed Iron Glove of Takeshi Iizuka that has been hot potatoed between Tama Tonga and Taichi. We may have the first ever title vs. weapon wager match in wrestling history. The one iron glove of doom to rule them all.
  • The Untied Empire debuted it's newest member: 
    Spoiler

MasaHenare Chono Aaron Henare

r/njpw - I'm glad it turned out to be him (Spoilers)

And the end result of NJC winner Will Osprey vs. IWGP World Heavyweight champion Kota Ibushi in the first champ's first defense:

• Spoiler

image.thumb.png.23994233232d2ae542ad7ce725269c02.png

The commonwealth kingpin has finally done it. On his first shot at the top prize, Will osprey has become the 2nd ever IWGP WHC. He will now defend his newly won prize against Shingo Takagi and then Kazuchika Okada.  

• Brohoof 1