Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

And black Thursday has come upon us. 

Wwe has come to the releases of the Iconics, Mojo Rawley, Tucker, Bo Dallas, Chelsea Green, Kalisto, Wesley Blake, Mickey James-Aldis and Samoa Joe. 

FFS :eww:. Year of record breaking profits and yet they still put on the worst ever post raw mania and cut costs by cutting talent. You know how many people AEW let go over the past year? Four. You know how many people NJPW and ROH let go? Zero. 

Speaking if the latter on a bit of good news, ROH will be hosting their 500th episode tonight as a two hour special, with Lethal vs. Gresham for the Pure title and a battle of ROH's longest tenured employees in Jay vs. Mark Briscoe. 

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Wwe has come to the releases of the Iconics,

Just when Billie Kay was getting a push, too. :worry:

17 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Mickie James-Aldis* and Samoa Joe. 

*Didn't Mickie retire from in-ring competition this week or a couple of weeks ago?

Also, Joe was great on commentary and I thought they would keep him around for that if they didn't want him wrestling. 

For some reason I have a feeling that Ruby Riott and Liv Morgan may be let go, too. 

12 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Just when Billie Kay was getting a push, too. :worry:

Well you know what happens to folks that the WWE are high on. 

12 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Didn't Mickie retire from in-ring competition this week or a couple of weeks ago?

Also, Joe was great on commentary and I thought they would keep him around for that if they didn't want him wrestling. 

Something like that, dong kickoff panels and stuff, but she still wanted to wrestle though. And apparently Joe wasn't good enough because he got replaced by a new guy on Raw. 

Makes me think most of these are people who asked for their releases anyway.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

And apparently Joe wasn't good enough because he got replaced by a new guy on Raw. 

It's amazing how much can change in just a few hours, one minute Joe's commentating at WrestleMania and the next he's gone. 

It was jarring hearing a different voice when I watched the "Top 10 Raw Moments" video because I was expecting to hear Joe. 

35 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

It's amazing how much can change in just a few hours, one minute Joe's commentating at WrestleMania and the next he's gone. 

It was jarring hearing a different voice when I watched the "Top 10 Raw Moments" video because I was expecting to hear Joe. 

Another prime example how out of touch Vinny, brother love, clown shoes and bigger Kev are. When you make enough money, you can rearrange the furniture however much you like. They got rid of Joe. But kept Byron Paxton. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venöm said:

But kept Byron Paxton. 

Byron Pullman/Saxton. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :P

Clown shoes? I recognize everyone else in the McMahon regime. 

13 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Byron Pullman/Saxton. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :P

Clown shoes? I recognize everyone else in the McMahon regime. 

Nor should you have.

John 'clown shoes' Laurenitis, as anointed by Phil Jack Brookes. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

John 'clown shoes' Laurenitis, as anointed by Phil Jack Brookes. 

*Raspy voice* People Power! :mlp_icwudt:

Nor should you have.

Independence Day proved that Bill Pullman can cut a memorable promo. :proud:

When you make enough money, you can rearrange the furniture however much you like. They got rid of Joe. But kept Byron Paxton. 

I am glad Renee Young isn't in WWE/commentating anymore because I felt like she added nothing to the team and

I thought she was better suited for backstage interviews. 

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

*Raspy voice* People Power! :mlp_icwudt:

Independence Day proved that Bill Pullman can cut a memorable promo. :proud:

I am glad Renee Young isn't in WWE/commentating anymore because I felt like she added nothing to the team and

I thought she was better suited for backstage interviews. 

I think she could've been good, but all WWE commentators are very restrained in their calls. Even Michael Cole can be a good announcer, as proven during the UK title tournament. He just isn't allowed to be. So we'll never know how good Rene could've been. Guess we'll find out when she moves to sports casting. 

• Brohoof 1

I think she could've been good, but all WWE commentators are very restrained in their calls. Even Michael Cole can be a good announcer, as proven during the UK title tournament. He just isn't allowed to be. So we'll never know how good Rene could've been. Guess we'll find out when she moves to sports casting. 

True. I feel like women in general aren't allowed to say much when it comes to commentating on wresting matches.

I've thought this ever since I heard Lita on commentary during Sunday Night Heat during one of her injury absences. 

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

True. I feel like women in general aren't allowed to say much when it comes to commentating on wresting matches.

I've thought this ever since I heard Lita on commentary during Sunday Night Heat during one of her injury absences. 

Female commentators not allowed to say much? You mean all three of them? 

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

You mean all three of them? 

Beth Phoenix, Renee Young, Lita...I don't know if you mean someone else.

From what I've heard most of what Beth and Renee say in WWE is "Oh my goodness/gosh!". 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

47 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Beth Phoenix, Renee Young, Lita...I don't know if you mean someone else.

From what I've heard most of what Beth and Renee say in WWE is "Oh my goodness/gosh!". 

those are the only three I can think of. 

I guess WWE are running with the Elvira school of play by play. 

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Denim&Venöm said:

I guess WWE are running with the Elvira school of play by play.

I remember watching that WrestleMania. They can't all be prime Jim Ross or Bobby Heenan. 

14 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I remember watching that WrestleMania. They can't all be prime Jim Ross or Bobby Heenan. 

Sad thing was that Elvira was the more enthusiastic of the celebrity guests at that mania. 

• Brohoof 1

Moments ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Sad thing was that Elvira was the more enthusiastic of the celebrity guests at that mania. 

You'd think most celebs could at least oh, I don't know *act* like they cared about the show they were on even if they could care less about wrestling. 

On 2021-04-17 at 7:00 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

You'd think most celebs could at least oh, I don't know *act* like they cared about the show they were on even if they could care less about wrestling. 

They took the Kevin Nash approach. Already got paid so why bother?

On a completely separate note, would you all agree that with the retirement of the IWGP V4 and IC titles, that this is now the best looking world title in wrestling today? 

See the source image

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

On a completely separate note, would you all agree that with the retirement of the IWGP V4 and IC titles, that this is now the best looking world title in wrestling today? 

Yes.

Especially considering how all of WWE's main championships (Barring the Women's Tag Team Championship.) are color swaps. 

• 2 weeks later...

Know you guys aren't NOAH fans (yet) but you have to admit, they can do event posters better than anybody else right now in the lead up to  Keiji Mutoh vs. Masa Kitamiya for the GHC heavyweight championship and Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Takeshi Tsuguiura for the GHC national title going down tomorrow. 

IMG_20210418_100712-723x1024.jpg

IMG_20210405_141744.jpg

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to say that I've enjoyed a lot of wrestling lately, AEW has been my main company while I also check out some Impact and NJPW along with ROH and local stuff.

My favourite match/cinematic match was Sting & Darby Allin taking on Brian Cage & Ricky Starks at AEW Revolution, I was really happy with that one.

And one of the greatest matches I've seen this year has been Thunder Rosa against Dr. Britt Baker, DMD in an unsanctioned Lights Out match on Dynamite.

• Brohoof 3