Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

I had a dream that world heavyweight champion Mick Foley was cutting a fiery promo on behalf of Muculay Culkin in front of a packed hotel conference suit. 

• Brohoof 1

I dunno if this was already mentioned by me, but I stopped watching WWE because its gotten repetitive and monotonous, not to mention that it feels like a running joke that gets stale really fast. It has long lost its charm ever since, honestly.

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Jon the VGNerd said:

I dunno if this was already mentioned by me, but I stopped watching WWE because its gotten repetitive and monotonous, not to mention that it feels like a running joke that gets stale really fast. It has long lost its charm ever since, honestly.

Come watch AEW with us. Or Ring Of Honor. Or Impact. Or MLW. Or NWA Powerr. Or New Japan. 

• Brohoof 3

On 2021-05-12 at 5:59 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

I had a dream that world heavyweight champion Mick Foley was cutting a fiery promo on behalf of Muculay Culkin in front of a packed hotel conference suit. 

Culkin would totally take a bump though

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I’m surprised @Denim&Venöm didn’t post anything about former ECW wrestler New Jack passing away. :wau:

Was wondering how to tactfully handle that given how divisive a personality he was. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Was wondering how to tactfully handle that given how divisive a personality he was. 

I didn’t know how to handle this either. He’s definitely a wrestler you need to be careful with when you’re discussing him and his career. :sealed:

And breaking news! Will Osprey has been forced to vacate the IWGP World Heavyweight championship due to a neck injury suffered in his defense against Shingo Takagi. No time table on his return and he will be flying back to the UK for surgery. https://www.njpw1972.com/96992

This is really gonna frick over both the main event of next month's Dominion and The United Empire. Whose going to lead Cobb, Henare & O-Khan? Obviously Osprey's next opponent Okada will be involved in the match for the vacant belt but who will he face? Ibushi doesn't have much momentum. Tanahashi just lost to Jay. Jay just won the NEVER title. MOX is still in the US. Sanada lost his last title shot in Febuary. Maybe Naito? He isn't really doing much either. 

This is lousy luck for everyone involved. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-05-12 at 12:13 PM, Jon the VGNerd said:

Reminds me of this that I watched yesterday 

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens at AEW Double Or Nothing.

Cody's probably going to burn down half the state just by walking to the ring

Hey if you all have a few hours to kill, why don't you check out the tribute show for the late great Hana Kimura whom we tragically lost way too soon last year. Hana Kimura Memorial Matane is the name and it features a whole host of Japan's finest Joshi wrestlers, indy stars, legends and some personal favorites of Hana herself. It's got English commentary by ROH's Ian Ricaboni and Cheese Burger. You can catch it for $15 on FITE. It's a more light hearted affair than most shows but still a fun watch. 

https://www.fite.tv/watch/hana-kimura-memorial-matane/2p9bx/

And afterwords, do consider visiting her merch store and donating to a mental health charity. List can be found here. All proceeds from the show and merch store will go to Hana's mother Kyuko. 

I almost saw Hana at the ROH/NJPW MSG show back in 2019. Almost, considering she was on the pre-show and the pre-show isn't on the ticket time. And NYC traffic. Shame. Looks like I missed out on someone special. 

Matane, Hana-san. Arigato gozaimashta. 

See the source image

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I wonder if anyone will ever be called-up from NXT UK to go to Raw or SmackDown.

Other than Walter, whose a no go due to wXw, probably no one. They're actually looking to cut guys now that the UKs furllow program is winding down.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Other than Walter, whose a no go due to wXw, probably no one. They're actually looking to cut guys now that the UKs furllow program is winding down.

I think I read something about Walter not wanting to travel or something, maybe it meant what you said. 

Secondly, why make NXT UK an NXT brand instead of WWE UK or something similar?

NXT makes me think of a place where people train to move to Raw or SmackDown but if what you say is right then the

NXT branding is misleading.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

36 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I think I read something about Walter not wanting to travel or something, maybe it meant what you said. 

NXT makes me think of a place where people train to move to Raw or SmackDown but if what you say is right then the

Simple. The name is irrelevant. The brand only exists to keep the UK scene in check. Remember how freaked out WWE got when world of sport wrestling made a comeback? The shut down Kurt Angles guest spot down quick. Don't want to lose ratings over there. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I think it's more because Triple H is in charge of it and NXT is his area for now

Still sad that Takeover Dublin was cancelled

• Brohoof 1

So this is coming more from the rumour mill, but it sounds like a lot of folks are not happy with NJPW. Turns out all the gaijin talent were told they could leave after the next few weeks of shows were cancelled. But at the last minute, all the dates were rescheduled and they were told to stay, some as they were at the airports. 

Even local talent haven't been happy with the way upper management have handled things, poor communication being the top gripe. There are rumours of a talent exodus as the foreign talent are thinking of staying stateside rather than quarantining in the dojo. Not a fancy hotel. The dojo.

Part of the reason Osprey vacated the IWGP WHC allegedly. His neck is bad, but not that bad. He went back to the UK to be with family rather than deal with poor management and an ailing neck in the NJPW dojo. 

So the next few weeks are gonna be an interesting watch on top guys like Nagata, Kojima, Narita, Rocky, Finlay and Juice being stateside. 

Which now brings up the question on what to do about the vacant title? Okada was supposed to win it off Osprey. He's gone. Okada confirmed that he's got Covid. So now he's out. Ibushi just lost the title. Shingo just lost the title match. Jay just won the NEVER belt. Tanahashi juts lost the Never belt. Whose left? Most of the established heavies all lost in the NJC.

So that leaves the upper midcard. Evil's tumbled down the pecking order in the past year. Goto, Ishii and Hashi are the trios champs, though that doesn't mean much. Sanada is directionless. Suzuki has no momentum. KENTA might not even be in the country. 

What a fuster cluck.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 2021-05-26 at 5:25 AM, Denim&Venöm said:

So this is coming more from the rumour mill, but it sounds like a lot of folks are not happy with NJPW. Turns out all the gaijin talent were told they could leave after the next few weeks of shows were cancelled. But at the last minute, all the dates were rescheduled and they were told to stay, some as they were at the airports. 

Even local talent haven't been happy with the way upper management have handled things, poor communication being the top gripe. There are rumours of a talent exodus as the foreign talent are thinking of staying stateside rather than quarantining in the dojo. Not a fancy hotel. The dojo.

Part of the reason Osprey vacated the IWGP WHC allegedly. His neck is bad, but not that bad. He went back to the UK to be with family rather than deal with poor management and an ailing neck in the NJPW dojo. 

So the next few weeks are gonna be an interesting watch on top guys like Nagata, Kojima, Narita, Rocky, Finlay and Juice being stateside. 

Which now brings up the question on what to do about the vacant title? Okada was supposed to win it off Osprey. He's gone. Okada confirmed that he's got Covid. So now he's out. Ibushi just lost the title. Shingo just lost the title match. Jay just won the NEVER belt. Tanahashi juts lost the Never belt. Whose left? Most of the established heavies all lost in the NJC.

So that leaves the upper midcard. Evil's tumbled down the pecking order in the past year. Goto, Ishii and Hashi are the trios champs, though that doesn't mean much. Sanada is directionless. Suzuki has no momentum. KENTA might not even be in the country. 

What a fuster cluck.

Seems like nearly every promotion's dirty laundry is coming out lately

Edited by Unicorncob
  • Brohoof 1

Well here's a shocking twist.

WWE is in talks with New Japan over becoming their exclusive North American partner. 

Nick Khan is breaking down WWEs isolationist mentality, and talks have been going since March. Deals with CMLL, ROH, Impact, AEW and probably RevPro? Gone. By extension, this would mean WWE would probably get access to Stardom as well. Io Shirai, Toni Storm and Kari Sayne would be down with that. 

Now this could be the biggest thing ever or it could be nothing. If it's just HHH and Khan involved it could work, but no way it will under Vince. 

Strange thing is that all of this might be sparked by one man: Daniel Bryan. He may want to go to NJPW. WWE want to have their cake and eat it too. They don't want to lose him and NJPW have been hit hard by the pandemic, to the point that DDT and NOAH have been catching up. So Bushi-road maybe desperate enough to bite. 

Whatever the case, the news has received mixed reception. This could be the biggest thing in wrestling ever. Or it could be nothing. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
8 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

WWE is in talks with New Japan over becoming their exclusive North American partner. 

Maybe Kevin Kelly will make a return to WWE to commentate on matches with New Japan wrestlers. :squee:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

I am surprised nopony is talking about what went down these past few days. I mean I know why I didn't. I was busy watching the Mistuharu Misawa memorial show and Double or Nothing and avoided spoilers for three days. 

I thought my biggest talking point would be that:

See the source image

He'll be a great coach and talent scout, but he'll be interesting to hear as a commentator on AEW Rampage, which will be on Fridays starting August 13th. Any bets on if the color scheme will be blue? 

But the biggest news came yesterday. More WWE cuts. And this time, it's Braun Strowman, Alister Black, Lana, Buddy Murphy, Ruby Riott and Santana Garrett. And apparently all of these came out of the blue. So out of the blue that nobody told WWE shop or the film crews. 

Garrett was set to debut on Smack-down this week. She was backstage at last weeks. Lana I get. She's Miro's wife and WWE payed her a small fortune to ditch her Twitch and Cameo deals. Ruby Riott and Buddy Murphy, despite being well liked backstage, weren't all that happy. The Riott Squad went nowhere and Ruby was usually left to be jobber fodder. Buddy Murphy was chomping at the bit to be used but was just dropped along with the rest of the Rollins/Mysterio feud. Shame as he had a world of potential when he turned a loosing streak into character motivation, having Rollins take him under his wing following his loss to Alister Black. Who is the most shocking cut because he just returned to SD and started a feud with Big E. Langston last Friday. He filmed a bunch of vignettes about the character of the "Dark Father." He has a brand new Deathcore album cover themed T-Shirt on WWE shop. Out of all the NXT call ups, he probably got screwed over the most. Being called up in a tag team with Richochet. Freaking Ricochet! This ain't Lucha Underground, Vinny! I'm amazed the former Prince Puma hasn't been cut yet. and last but certainly not least, Braun Strowman. This is the ideal big man. He fought a McMahon at WrestleMania. He fought for the WWE title last month! If Braun is getting cut, nobody is safe. And all of these might actually done to bolster the companies profitability for one reason: a sale. Disney or Universal could be looking to buy WWE. We're gonna find out how much money it's gonna take for Vince to be pried from WWE. 

But on the bright side, we could be getting Buddy Murphy vs. Kenny Omega and Alister Black TOMMY, TOMMY, TOMMY FUCKING END. vs. MOX. And all these 90 day no competes? They expire before AEW's next PPV, All Out. I might just go to that. 

• Brohoof 2

18 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

But the biggest news came yesterday. More WWE cuts.

I’ll miss Ruby Riott most of all. I wish The Riott Squad would have won the Women’s Tag Team Championships. :blush:

• Brohoof 1