Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

1 minute ago, Unicorncob said:

Anywhere but AEW for most of them, I don't think I wanna see Braun standing in the background doing nothing while MJF goes on about how rich and cool he is

Braun is an interesting case among these releases in that he's a WWE original. He doesn't have an indy career to fall back on. He even said that WWE was the only place he wanted to go. What would be the best place for him?  I think it may have been JR who said "Unless he's set for life at 37, he may want to keep his prospects open." 

• Brohoof 2

23 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I’ll miss Ruby Riott most of all. I wish The Riott Squad would have won the Women’s Tag Team Championships. :blush:

I agree. I loved the Riott Squad and it was disappointing to see how they got treated. Hearing Ruby got let go was quite upsetting. My hopes is she’ll find someplace better to go.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Blitzo said:

I agree. I loved the Riott Squad and it was disappointing to see how they got treated. Hearing Ruby got let go was quite upsetting. My hopes is she’ll find someplace better to go.

They were jobbers throughout their entire time in WWE.

Weird that I gave Ruby the Raw Women’s title just a couple of days ago on WWE2K20. :worry:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Braun is an interesting case among these releases in that he's a WWE original. He doesn't have an indy career to fall back on. He even said that WWE was the only place he wanted to go. What would be the best place for him?  I think it may have been JR who said "Unless he's set for life at 37, he may want to keep his prospects open." 

I think he'd do great in Japan, give him the Big Van Vader "Gaijin Monster Heel" run

• Brohoof 1

45 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

I think he'd do great in Japan, give him the Big Van Vader "Gaijin Monster Heel" run

I mean it could work. If there's a place that can turn a rudimentary big man like Braun into a proper monster, it'd be New Japan. Giant Bernard, Scott Norton, Lance Archer, Doc Gallows. The proof is there. But will Braun be willing to change his style and up his game in order to fit in among places he considers the 'minor leagues?'  

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
39 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

The Rock is my favourite wrestler of all time.

Wow, that’s an incredible poster. ^^

They even used your favorite wrestler, Godzilla. :BornAgainBrony:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

And Dominion was last week. And a new IWGP world heavyweight champion was crowned. 

Spoiler

Congrats to Shingo Takagi for besting Kazuchika Okada in becoming the third ever IWGP World Heavyweight Championship. I think it's gonna take a new champion to make the IWGP WHC mean something. Commentary brought up a good point. It feels like this belt was tailored to The Dragon.  

image.thumb.png.50bd4b7f4b3ac4b048c1958f56c3453f.png

And elsewhere on the card, Ibushi defated Jeff Cobb in a banger to become the #1 contender. That is gonna be a fun rematch. The best from Dragongate defending against the best from DDT. Go watch both these bouts from Dominion. And Hiromu playing hype man at the start of the show. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I hate when WWE commentators say "Who is that!?" when a wrestler debuts on Raw or SmackDown.

A majority of their developmental wrestlers are either in NXT or NXT UK, meaning most of the fans who watch would likely already

know who said wrestler is. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

On 2021-06-15 at 7:51 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

I hate when WWE commentators say "Who is that!?" when a wrestler debuts on Raw or SmackDown.

A majority of their developmental wrestlers are either in NXT or NXT UK, meaning most of the fans who watch would likely already

know who said wrestler is. 

The absolute disrespect to one of the best women in BritWres

Commentary really has no excuse, especally with ICW being on the network now

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
1 hour ago, Unicorncob said:

The absolute disrespect to one of the best women in BritWres

Commentary really has no excuse, especally with ICW being on the network now

I could understand when WWE didn't have a network and things like OVW weren't available to the masses, but now they have no excuse

to use that trope. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

On 2021-06-15 at 10:47 AM, Denim&Venöm said:

Congrats to Shingo Takagi for besting Kazuchika Okada in becoming the third ever IWGP World Heavyweight Championship.

I keep forgetting, do they reset the lineage of the IWGP Championship every couple of years or something?

I'm sure there haven't only been three IWGP Champions. :blink:

18 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I keep forgetting, do they reset the lineage of the IWGP Championship every couple of years or something?

I'm sure there haven't only been three IWGP Champions. :blink:

You're thinking about the IWGP heavyweight championship. That belt got retired alongside the intercontinental championship to form the new IWGP world heavyweight championship. 

Kota became the first champ after defending the double gold against El Despy in the annual Jr vs. Heavy champions bout. But then he lost it to New Japan Cup winner Will Osprey, who retained against Shingo in an NJC finals rematch (go watch both bouts. They were amazing).

But Ospreay wrecked his neck and had to forfeit the belt. So they scheduled Osprey's next opponent, Okada against the man who beat him to advance in the NJC, Shingo. 

It sounds like NJPW are hurrying to build new stars. Okada's got back problems. Naito got neck and knee problems. Tanahashi's whole gimmick is chronically bad knees. Jay, KENTA and Mox are stuck abroad. And the new Japan dads are finding more success in Impact and AEW than they are in new Japan. They made the right call pulling the trigger on Osprey, just circumstances didn't pan out. 

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

You're thinking about the IWGP heavyweight championship. That belt got retired alongside the intercontinental championship to form the new IWGP world heavyweight championship. 

That sounds like the "Legends Championship" in Impact Wrestling that went through multiple name changes. :blink:

7 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

That sounds like the "Legends Championship" in Impact Wrestling that went through multiple name changes. :blink:

Except despite the name changes, the title was still the same. This is a brand new championship. Remember when Randy Orton became the undisputed champion? Imagine if all the prior history of both belts actually ended and Randall was declared the first in a new title history. 

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Except despite the name changes, the title was still the same. This is a brand new championship. Remember when Randy Orton became the undisputed champion? Imagine if all the prior history of both belts actually ended and Randall was declared the first in a new title history. 

Oh, I see what you're saying. Sadly, that makes the previous championship seem like it didn't exist. :sunny:

31 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Oh, I see what you're saying. Sadly, that makes the previous championship seem like it didn't exist. :sunny:

Exactly. That's why people are not happy with New Japan over this. It is the most prestigious belt in wrestling history and the IC title wasn't far behind. But BushiRoad execs wanted to bring New Japan out of the pandemic with a bang and a new championship was how they wanted to do it. Plus their plan for having Naito defend the belts individually blew up in their faces post pandemic. Once, just once were the titles defended separately. And it was only the Intercontinental. 

They wanted the end to Naito's near decade long arc to the top to be bigger and grander than ever. But all it did was screw up title plans down the road. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Exactly. That's why people are not happy with New Japan over this.

Wouldn't you be if you were a wrestler who worked their whole career to win the IWGP Championship only to have your win erased from

history because of a whim from the promotion you worked for? I know I would. :dry:

I know it's unlikely, but wrestlers could quit if they don't feel like their work is appreciated by the people in charge. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Wouldn't you be if you were a wrestler who worked their whole career to win the IWGP Championship only to have your win erased from

history because of a whim from the promotion you worked for? I know I would. :dry:

I know it's unlikely, but wrestlers could quit if they don't feel like their work is appreciated by the people in charge. 

I mean, they were still the IWGP heavyweight champion at some point.They were a former world champion. Flair's WCW world title reigns didn't get removed because the company folded, they still count. All 4-6 of them. Okada will always be the longest reigning champ. Tanahashi will have the most reigns as champ. Mutoh still gets to be the only active wrestler to be the Japanese grand slam of IWGP, GHC and Triple crown champ. AJ Styles still gets to be the only guy to have been IWGP, NWA, Impact and WWE world champion. 

What sucks is the people who aspired to break those records and be counted among the lineage or didn't do it right the first time. Ishii will never be part of that history. Goto worked his whole career to be part of that history, now he never will be. Minoru Suzuki won't get to capture that illusive crown. Jay White held the belt once. Lost it on his first defense. I know cause I was there for it. Omega won't get to add that belt back to his collection. That's what I'd be upset with as a wrestler. 

And they do quit. That's what AEW and Impact were built off of.  But I think NJPW are still secure, as they still reward hard work to an extent rather than outright ignore it like the -E does. Everyone has a part they specialize in and a role to fill.  New Japan awards that. Not everyone can be Tanahashi or Okada. But New Japan's trick is making other wrestlers matter in their own way. Zack & Taichi became good guys in a war against G.o.D. for both the tag straps and the honor of Taichi's mentor, Takeshi Iizuka. David Finlay had his stock raised during the NJC by beating old rival Jay White. Kojima and Tenzan got relevance by having violent feuds with The United Empire. El Despy is the hero of the jr division after Hiromu got hurt. KENTA kicked down the forbidden door.  New Japan more often then not find ways for their guys to shine and that in turn inspires loyalty from them. 

• Brohoof 1

So if you guys haven't heard, former Impact commentator Don West has been diagnosed with brain lymphoma. The guy was the first enthusiastic voice many folks heard when they started seeing TNA as an alternative. And now he needs our help. his family have already set up a GoFundMe, and a couple of big names have already chipped in. Let's make Rarity proud and show off that generosity we're known for. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mj9wnu-join-the-don-west-tag-team-against-lymphoma