Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

5 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Or you could just support Roh and buy it uncut. They come as a bonus disc for the allied forces show. Even got my copy signed. 

Judging by the matches they post(ed) on Youtube, ROH's audio and video quality was pretty bad during that time period.

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Judging by the matches they post(ed) on Youtube, ROH's audio and video quality was pretty bad during that time period.

Yeah, that was after Sinclair made them work on a budget. But honestly, Joe/Punk wasn't exactly filmed during the HDNet era either. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Yeah, that was after Sinclair made them work on a budget. But honestly, Joe/Punk wasn't exactly filmed during the HDNet era either. 

True. I'm sure the matches between Punk and Joe were great on their own but I can't get past how cheap the presentation was at the time.

It felt like I was watching XPW with better wrestlers.

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

True. I'm sure the matches between Punk and Joe were great on their own but I can't get past how cheap the presentation was at the time.

And yet ECW and late 90s Raw keep getting praise for their bare bones aesthetics. But when the Indy feds did it, it's considered cheap. 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Denim&Venöm said:

And yet ECW and late 90s Raw keep getting praise for their bare bones aesthetics. But when the Indy feds did it, it's considered cheap. 

Well, ECW was different compared to WWF and WCW at the time so that might be a big reason for it. Also, a majority of indy feds are cheap. :P

Lack of money has left me with little wrestling to watch ;; I've been watching Smackdown and ROH TV though cos I can get those on families cheap satellite. I definitely miss AEW and have been itching for a hardcore wrestling fix. I missed Jericho vs Gage and I hate that.

Also

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

You dare spit spoiled cider at XPWs roster? Prepare to for a scaffold toss òwó

Kidding~ XPW may have been corny as balls but I'd say names it had a pretty great alumni, you got Sabu, Terry Funk, Raven, Sandman, Necro Butcher, Mr. BOMBS AWAY himself and even X-Pac

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Pastel Heart said:

You dare spit spoiled cider at XPWs roster? Prepare to for a scaffold toss òwó

After watching the Dark Side of the Ring episode on XPW it was even worse than I remember. Also, I hate Kris Kloss on commentary and I always will. 

3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

After watching the Dark Side of the Ring episode on XPW it was even worse than I remember. Also, I hate Kris Kloss on commentary and I always will. 

Kloss got better when he commented for Wrestling Society X. Gotta agree that his XPW careers was just him doing bad Joey Styles impressions though

22 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Or you could just support Roh and buy it uncut.

I watched their first match on ROH's Youtube channel. I don't have the desire to watch that two more times right away. :please:

15 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I watched their first match on ROH's Youtube channel. I don't have the desire to watch that two more times right away. :please:

But... Davey Richards & Christopher Daniels vs. Cassius Ohno & Cesaro. 

• Brohoof 1

And black friday has come early. For WWE stars. For the third or fourth time this year, more wrestlers have been cut. 

The following have been future endeavored.  

• Keith Lee
  • Mia Yim
  • Karrion Kross
  • Scarlett Bourdeaux
  • Eva Marie
  • Nia Jax
  • Karrion Kross
  • Gran Metalik
  • Lince Dorado
  • Eva Marie
  • B-Fab
  • Harry Smith/ Davey Boy Smith Jr.
  • Trey Baxter
  • Jessi Kamea
  • Jeet Rama
  • Zaya Ramier
  • Katrina Cortez 
  • Franky Monet/Taya Valkyrie 

Half this list is absurd. Taya signed earlier this year. Bet Johnny Mundo is pissed. Keith Lee was repackaged last month with the Bear Cat monicker. Davey Boy Jr wrestled two SD dark matches. B-Fab signed a new contract a week ago. Called up with Hit Row two weeks ago. Kross has been trying to get over this gimp gimmick of his for a few months after a botched call up, without Scarlet. All of them, gone. I'd like to say they're off to greener pastures, but this is a lousy time. Cause not all the indys have opened up. Travel is still restricted. Impact and AEW are starting to look cramped. And Sinclair is about to open ROH's flood gates in two months. There are gonna be more wrestlers than there will be places for them to wrestle.

Give you three guesses as to the reason. If any of them were "budget cuts", congrats. You get a cookie. Rumour has it they're still spicing things up for a sale. Doubt it's coincidence that these cuts were made just before the quarterly earnings report.  there's also a new system in place for NXT. Young guys under 27, over 6ft. Women under 25. Six month try out period. If you haven't met their standards, you're getting the axe. 

Frick this company. :smolder:

• Brohoof 1

YO WHY B-FAB?? Didnt she JUST debut on TV!?

Oh well. Atleast they're off Vince & Kevin's Wild Ride and can have actual wrestling careers now~ supporting AEW in spirit even though I can't watch it atm, and CZW once it comes back; probably gonna be a reboot since their roster got poached by everybody during their pandemic hiatus. Would love to see Keith Lee and Mia Yim back there~ Killer Kross would be a good fit too but he'll probably go back to Impact

Also much love for Mox in rehab, hes my favorite wrestlers of the modern era and hopefully he comes back better than ever.

Bayley too of course, my other favorite; that poor Smackdown women's division needs her

EDIT: so.. I've been In the dark awhile for wrestling yeah, but I can't believe I missed this. Belated rip to the most hardcore son of a bitch I've ever seen New Jack. I usually don't curse but damnit how else to I pay tribute to the original gangsta. Say what you will about what he did with Vic Grimes but I have good ECW and CZW memories of him and not many people would bleed and take bumps like that, or finish a match with a leaking brain injury. One of my favs. Was atitude even before Stone Cold. Two greats gone in less than a year. Thanks for the memories. Bombs away.

Edited by Pastel Heart
needed to write so I dont cry
  • Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Six month try out period. If you haven't met their standards, you're getting the axe. 

The thing is even if you get over with the crowd, Vince McMahon doesn't care as long as he's the one behind it.

Just ask Bryan Danielson and Matt Cardona. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The thing is even if you get over with the crowd, Vince McMahon doesn't care as long as he's the one behind it.

Just ask Bryan Danielson and Matt Cardona. 

It's not about getting over with the crowd. It's about getting over with VKM. Same reason why Diesel, Sid, Jinder and Roman were WWE champs, even though they didn't move the needle. It's an audience of one. It's like a collection of toys to him. He wants us to look, but not touch. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

It's not about getting over with the crowd. It's about getting over with VKM.

That's what I said. :P

I don't know how well this "six month evaluation" experiment in NXT is going to work since it usually takes that long for a wrestler to truly mesh with a crowd. 

30 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I don't know how well this "six month evaluation" experiment in NXT is going to work since it usually takes that long for a wrestler to truly mesh with a crowd. 

Worked for Nakamura.

Sigh. The glory days. *rocks in rocking chair*

2 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

Worked for Nakamura.

Nakamura was already well known. I'm talking about Rick Steiner's son and those other :confused: wrestlers in NXT.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

2 hours ago, Pastel Heart said:

Worked for Nakamura.

Sigh. The glory days. *rocks in rocking chair*

Nakamura was the biggest Japanese wrestler not named Muta or Okada they could get. I'd hardly call that a home grown talent being given a trial by fire. And surprisingly, his whole stick hasn't really changed. He's just a toned down version of how he was in NJPW. 

• Brohoof 1

@Sparklefan1234
@Denim&Venöm

I misunderstood, sorry I'm dumb ><;;; I thought it was about NXT in general

Yeah 6 months is way too harsh especially considering how long guys like Cena and even old Bork Laser spent in development before finding their way. WWE is definitely not going in the right direction but I don't think Vince cares with the rumors he might sell. WWE may not even be a wrestling company anymore in a few years depending on who buys.

I can't get Disney buying WWE out of my head