Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

6 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I am excited as a wrestling game fan because we haven't had another non-WWE wrestling company make a video game since TNA Impact in 2008.

Technically, WrestleKingdom II came out in 2008 featuring All Japan & New Japan. And Lucha Libre AAA had a video game in 2010. A mediocre game, but a major console game none the less. And if you count 2D games, New Japan worked with Fire Pro to release an official game in 2018. But yeah, this is the biggest game from an American fed not named WWE. 

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

And Lucha Libre AAA had a video game in 2010.

This was a TNA Impact reskin. I forgot about that Chikara game, does that count?

5 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

This was a TNA Impact reskin. I forgot about that Chikara game, does that count?

I forgot about the Chikara game. So yeah that does count. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
14 hours ago, Unicorncob said:

Night of Champions spoilers

1. YES! I wasn’t expecting this.

3. YES! I’ve been wondering one thing “What does Roman Reigns do after he loses his Championships

someday, what’s left for him to do?”

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Well a lot has happened over the weekned, so lets dive in. 

You're winner of Best of the Super Juniors 30.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3f232d02c580af69075998a368d1b2d5.png

Congrats to Master Wato on winning BotSJ 30, besting TitAn in a fast paced final. He'll be challenging Hiromu in his home town of Osaka next week at Dominion. Both Wato and TitAn make good use of this years unique semi-final quirk to beat the highest points earners in their respective blocks, El Desperado & Mike Bailey. A match that many still want and honestly would have preferred. People want Despe to finally win this tournament and SpeedBall would've been a worthy name to add to BotSJ grand legacy. But NJPW seem to be rushing nto a youth movement to build new stars and their banking on the former Hiriai Kawato to be the figurehead for the juniors. A guy whose made steady improvement from his awkward and clunky start in 2020, but is he truly ready to be the junior ace? 

Ten matches I recommend watching from this year:

• Speedball vs. Lio Rush
  • Speedball vs. Taguchi
  • Speedball vs. Hiromu
  • Robbie Eagles vs. Francesco Akira
  • EL Desperado vs. Francesco Akira
  • Lio Rush vs. TJP
  • TJP vs. Kushida 
  • Hiromu vs. TitAn
  • TitAn vs. Kushida
  • Lio Rush vs. Douki 

In other news, New Japan crowned it's first ever STRONG womens champion.

AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Results : r/TheSpotlightNews_com

Congrats to Willow Nightengale for becoming champ, besting Mercedes "The Boss" Mone in the finals. Willow was one of the standouts of ROH's pre-pandemic women's division and it's awesome NJPW see what makes her special. 

Unfortunately, Mercedes was one of this weeks casualties, finishing that match with a broken ankle. She wasn't the only in championship competewtion who got hurt. Mark Davis of Aussie Open is now on the shelf. He and Kyle Fletcher have had to relinquish both the IWGP heavyweight and STRONG openweight tag belts. AO's first reign ends at just two defenses against Best Friends and TMDK (I was there for that first one. It was awesome. Go watch that and their match with TMDK in the first all Australian title match in New Japan. It was also awesome). And finally, this years BotSJ effort was cut short for Bullet Club's Bone Soldier, Taiji Ishimori. His match with Hiromu had to be stopped due to a separated shoulder and neck damage. No telling how long he'll be out for. 

And in other news, NJPW Dominion is next Sunday. Will Osprey faces Lance Archer in a #1 contenders match for the U.S. title. LE Phantasmo wants revenge on Bullet Club's new leader, David Finlay the 3rd. ZSJ and Jeff Cobb fight to break the stalemate of their last TV title match. Catch .22 want their jr tag titles back from Kushida & Kevin Knight. CHAOS's Bishamon, House of Torture's EVIL & Yujiro and the United Empire team of The Great Okhan and Aaron Henare fight over the vacant IWGP and STRONG tag titles. The BotSJ winner will challenge Hiromu for the Jr. strap. The dream team of Tanahashi, Okada & Ishii defend the trios titles against the BCCs Jon Moxley, Shota 'Shooter' Umino and the debuting ROH world champ. Claudio Castagnoli. And in the main event, Sanada defends the IWGP WHC against a rerunning young lion who Goldberged his way into the main event scene, the handsome beast, Yota "Mt." Tsuji. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
21 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Congrats to Willow Nightengale for becoming champ, besting Mercedes "The Boss" Mone in the finals.

Mercedes is still allowed to use "The Boss" nickname? I thought that was a WWE trademark. :wau:

Speaking of WWE, I didn't really have a "match of the weekend" for either WWE Night of Champions or NXT Battleground.

Like a match that made me say "Wow!". 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Mercedes is still allowed to use "The Boss" nickname? I thought that was a WWE trademark. :wau:

Speaking of WWE, I didn't really have a "match of the weekend" for either WWE Night of Champions or NXT Battleground.

Like a match that made me say "Wow!". 

She doesn't to my knowledge.  Just an indication for those still wondering where Sasha went. 

And if you need a " Wow" match, go find the BotSJ final or the pillars four way from DoN. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

And if you need a " Wow" match, go find the BotSJ final or the pillars four way from DoN. 

Thank You for the wrestling recommendations, BWBFF! :D

• Brohoof 1

If you like WCW adjacent movies from the golden age of TNT, than have some Shutter speed starring Steve 'The Icon' Borden. 

Watch it and save it while you can. The account hasn't been very active and may get shut down with the others come June December 1st. Good luck trying to find this anywhere else. 

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Denim&Venöm @TheRockARooster @Unicorncob The video game AEW: Fight Forever is available for pre-order! :D

With Matt Hardy as a pre-order bonus. 

I'll still be in the wait and see phase. Even though it's AEW, it's still a AAA video game in an age where AAA games are cutting corners and hiking prices. 

Or y'know, Steam sale. 

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

With Matt Hardy as a pre-order bonus.

“That’ll put discs in consoles.” - Former WCW Commentator Tony Schiavone, probably.

8 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

“That’ll put discs in consoles.” - Former WCW Commentator Tony Schiavone, probably.

Imma be upset if that isn't a line in the game. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Imma be upset if that isn't a line in the game. 

Commercial, maybe:

“THIS IS THE GREATEST NIGHT GAME IN THE HISTORY OF OUR SPORT!” :pinkie: 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

(edited)
13 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

I'll still be in the wait and see phase. Even though it's AEW, it's still a AAA video game in an age where AAA games are cutting corners and hiking prices. 

I'm a wrestling fan so, I'll get the game no matter what. I've played worse wrestling games than AEW's trust me. 

I also want the competition to bring out the best in both AEW and WWE's future games because that's great for everyone in our fandom! :D

Edited by Sparklefan1234

18 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Man I haven't heard heat this nuclear since Kevin & Elias reminded Seattle that they don't have an NBA team anymore. 

I love when the heel comes out to no music

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The fans love LA Knight (YEAH!). I wonder what WWE's plan is since they bring up his positive reactions on commentary. :ooh:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

On 2023-06-03 at 11:31 AM, Denim&Venöm said:

Man I haven't heard heat this nuclear since Kevin & Elias reminded Seattle that they don't have an NBA team anymore. 

Man, Cyrus sure looks different compared to how I've been seeing him rewatching late nineties episodes of WWF Raw. 

don-callis-jackyl-wwe.jpg

51 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Man, Cyrus sure looks different compared to how I've been seeing him rewatching late nineties episodes of WWF Raw. 

don-callis-jackyl-wwe.jpg

We got to find out who he lost a hair vs. hair match against. It changes people. 

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The fans love LA Knight (YEAH!). I wonder what WWE's plan is since they bring up his positive reactions on commentary. :ooh:

Rumours are saying he'll be winning the men's MitB match

To which I say YEAH!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
48 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

We got to find out who he lost a hair vs. hair match against. It changes people

Maybe, the same guy Vince McMahon faced in the tag match at Backlash 2006. 

46 minutes ago, Unicorncob said:

Rumours are saying he'll be winning the men's MitB match

To which I say YEAH!

Well, heels usually win MitB to get sneaky title wins. :ninjadash: Unless, you’re Austin Theory or Baron Corbin. :please:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Maybe, the same guy Vince McMahon faced in the tag match at Backlash 2006. 

Invisible Stan from DDT? No wonder he became such a heel. 

• Brohoof 2

Moments ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Invisible Stan from DDT? No wonder he became such a heel. 

I mean the guy Bobby Lashley borrowed his nickname from. :o

• Brohoof 1