Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

(edited)

I wasn't terribly impressed with most of this Wrestlemania. Cena/Rusev, Taker/Wyatt, Divas Tag, and especially Sting/HHH were all rather meh performances. Did not expect HHH/Sting to break down the way it did. At least we can all check DX vs. nWo brawl off our bucket lists.

Orton vs. Rollins was a decent showing, a little better than their usual matches together. Loved that ending though. Good match between those two.

Ladder match was rather meh. I don't think everyone got enough time, so no one was really allowed to shine. I think this is just them secretly wishing that MITB was still at Mania. But the right guy won the match.

Battle Royale didn't go the way most people thought it would. At least Sandow was eliminated last (though I swear I saw Jay Uso go through the ropes, not over). It works that Big Show won this one.

Caught most of the 4 way tag title match, and I'd definitely say that this was MOTN. Great action from all 3 1/2 teams. Los Matadores really upped their game. New Day was on form as usual. Jay Uso held his own without Jimmy out there. And my favorite team in WWE, the Swiss-Canadian alliance, Cesaro & Kidd put up a good performance and managed to retain.  

Probably what will be the most talked about match will be the world title bout. I wasn't surprised, but I was certainly amused that the ass kicking monstrous villain of a champ Brock Lesnar, was actually the guy getting cheered by the most by the crowd. If this doesn't prove to the E that Roman Reigns isn't ready to carry the company when most of the WM crowd is cheering for his opponent, I don't think anything will. You know what I enjoyed more than that? The sheer ass kicking that Lesnar delivered to Reigns. #SuplexCity. It trended worldwide for a reason. And I could tell these two went still on each other. Not only was Lesnar tossing Reigns like a sack of potatoes and hitting some vicious strikes, but Reigns managed to put in some offense of his own and make this match a bit more competitive, nailing Lesnar w/ quite a few legit stiff punches, cutting him open early in the match, causing him to spit out blood early on, and smashing his head into the ring post near the end. If you only looked at the two, you'd think it was Reigns that got the upper hand. 

But just when things were settling into a stalemate, who else to make things 20% more exciting than Mr.Money in the bank? Seth Rollins dashes to the ring, curb stomps Lesnar, goes for a second, but Lesnar catches him for the F5, but Reigns hits spear #3 on Lesnar, but Rollins curb stomps everyone's favorite Samoan, 1.2.3. and takes off from the ring, the new WWE undisputed champion. 

Fun fact: Half of WWE's current champions, are former Ring Of Honor alumni.

Edited by Denim&Venom

• 2 months later...

I am deeply heartbroken. Dusty was one of the all time greats in the ring and on the mic. Whenever it would be at the great american bash 87 against tully blanchard in a barb wire match, or at SummerSlam 89 where he mocked the honkey tonk man, to "prove the pulic" that he can outwrestle him.

Rest in Peace, you son of a plummer. :(

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Old school WWF/WCW will always be remembered in my heart, but a lot of it was absolute crap xD. I still remember that godawful Gobblty Gooker.

Old school WWF/WCW will always be remembered in my heart, but a lot of it was absolute crap xD. I still remember that godawful Gobblty Gooker.

• Brohoof 1

You saw it, you can't unsee it

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I still remember that godawful Gobblty Gooker.

And sadly, WWE---for some reason---chose to repeat it multiple times over (Hornswoggle, El Torito, The Bunny, etc.).

Edited by A.V.

Guess who is coming to the next NXT Special?

sig-3946835.giphy.gif

He has a match against Tyler Breeze. Can't wait. :D

Given how WWE treated Low Ki (and many other interpromotional guys), I'm kind of pessimistic.

Given how WWE treated Low Ki (and many other interpromotional guys), I'm kind of pessimistic.

Nein-Freude-zugesagt.jpg

Liger is a guest of honor. WWE is supposed to have a partnership with ROH and NJPW. He probably won't be a permanent guy on the roster. He will wrestle there, Breeze will probably put him over and then he goes back to Japan, just like that one time he wrestled Samoa Joe in TNA.

Don't kill the hype brah.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nein-Freude-zugesagt.jpg

Liger is a guest of honor. WWE is supposed to have a partnership with ROH and NJPW. He probably won't be a permanent guy on the roster. He will wrestle there, Breeze will probably put him over and then he goes back to Japan, just like that one time he wrestled Samoa Joe in TNA.

Don't kill the hype brah.

Sting was "a guest of honor," too.

Still didn't save him from Shovel H, though.

Edited by A.V.

Sting was "a guest of honor," too.

Still didn't save him from Shovel H, though.

One thing dosen't have to do with the other. That was Wrestlemania. This is NXT. And Ligers  opponent is not Hunter.

Actually, it was Low Ki that chose to leave. He expected more fanfare from the -E right away, rather than earning it. From what I've been hearing for a while, Ki had quite the ego and is difficult to work with, hence why he and WWE parted ways so quickly.

However, it seems WWE has turned over a new leaf with how indy guys are being treated.  Ambrose gets time on the midcard. Kevin Steen is in a high profile feud. Cesaro has been in highly praised matches 3 weeks straight. Prince Devitt won the NXT belt in Tokyo. Seth Rollins is the freakin world champ! 

I'm pretty sure Liger will be treated like royalty. He's been on a role as of late, having great matches with now ROH WHC Jay Lethal and most recently with Dalton Castle. They guy doesn't age. 

And speaking of great matches

• Brohoof 1

Seth Rollins is the freakin world champ!

Speaking of Seth Rollins, I'm finally starting to like his character. He's breaking out of The Authority (come on, at this point who doesn't hate them?) and dropping the stupid security team thing for a solo run. And I approve of it heartily.

Rollins vs Lesnar is going to be good.

(edited)

Speaking of Seth Rollins, I'm finally starting to like his character. He's breaking out of The Authority (come on, at this point who doesn't hate them?) and dropping the stupid security team thing for a solo run. And I approve of it heartily.

Rollins vs Lesnar is going to be good.

Seth Rollins = http://pre13.deviantart.net/a703/th/pre/i/2011/283/2/7/discord_is_ok_by_csimadmax-d4cekar.png

...but The Authority = http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140727024318/mlp/images/archive/b/b0/20141028231931!The_Dazzlings_give_a_thumbs_down_EG2.png

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

Wow im glad this thread is here. I've watched off and on forever. I genuinely enjoy the drama and physicality of pro wrestling. But what i cant handle is terrible gimmicks and giving titles to brand new guys. After being spoiled with DX, Stone Cold, the rock, the hardys, etc and the attitude era, it became so difficult to watch when it turned PG/G rating and a of a sudden new guys like sheamus and such began getting high card scheduling and titles. Plus, is john cena still the Golden child?

Plus, is john cena still the Golden child?

Thankfully he's been midcarded lately, it's more about Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins these days

I would agree with that

Plus, is john cena still the Golden child?

Yep---despite him just being the midcard champion now, they're still trying to book him like he's the invincible guardian of the Holy Grail or something.