Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Holy crap!  How is it that I never noticed this thread before?  :o  I don't follow it as closely as I did in my teens and twenties but I still love the action and spectacle.  A close childhood friend first introduced me to it in 1981 or 82 and I was quickly hooked.  I remember wrestling before Hulkamania was born.  The first major face turn I can recall is when Jimmy Snuka renounced the services of Capt Lou Albano.  The guy had no mike skills at all but even as a bad guy fans were won over by his high flying feats and finishing move.  But his time as a major face was short lived.  Vince Jr didn't want any other good guys stealing Hogan's spotlight.  And when he was indicted for beating his girlfriend to death he really had no choice but to quietly cut ties with him.  Amazingly, the authorities finally have the evidence they need for a murder conviction and the 72 year old former superstar is awaiting trial. 

But anyway, that was just the beginning of my love affair with wrestling.  As the years went on I actually came to enjoy Jim Crocket Promotions/NWA/WCW even more than the WWF.  It's hard to believe it but back in the 80s, Ric Flair was younger than I am now.  I could go on and on about the Macho Man, Andre the Giant, Dusty Rhodes, Magnum TA, Sting, Bret Hart, and so on but that will be a post for another day.  :)

When i read all these names, i am beginning to drool. :lol:

I think the quality of Wrestling was better at the old JCP in the 80s with guys like Sting, Ric Flair and whatever. The WWF was a bit more stronger in creating characters, which made for great entertainment, but not necessarily great wrestling. Pic any match from the WWF in the 80s and tell me that this match was better, then the 3 matches that Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat had for the world title...with the exception of Randy Savage and Ricky Steamboat at Wrestlemania 3 of course. :P Hulk Hogan was a great talker on the mic, but not a really good Wrestler. But Hulkamania had its charm. :)

I think you really belong in this thread Wingnut. ;)

• Brohoof 4

10 year anniversary of Eddie's passing is today.

Gonna take this time to watch some of his best matches and watch some of his funniest moments

Truly someone who deserved more in his Lifetime. RIP Eddie

So true. He'll always remain as one of my favorites growing up

• Brohoof 3

Regarding Hell In A Cell:

At least 'Taker and Kane (still the masked version, thankfully) got their revenge on the Wyatts.

And maybe 'Taker can regain his cred (after losing to Lesnar yet again) by defeating Bray at Survivor Series.

• Brohoof 1

Regarding Hell In A Cell:

At least 'Taker and Kane (still the masked version, thankfully) got their revenge on the Wyatts.

And maybe 'Taker can regain his cred (after losing to Lesnar yet again) by defeating Bray at Survivor Series.

I disagree. I think it's time for the torch to be passed, and for Bray to be victorious. After all, if Taker wins, Bray's credibility is destroyed (again) and we don't see Taker for another 4 months. 

@@Shadowdragon6060,

Even though I have my reservations on Cena, and am glad we're finally getting a break from him, he's still a stand up dude and respectable guy. Match wise, this has been his best year. 

You'd' probably like this. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/299104/you-cant-c-me

• Brohoof 1

After all, if Taker wins, Bray's credibility is destroyed (again) and we don't see Taker for another 4 months.

In the words of Donald Sutherland's character from A Time To Kill:

"You know... you can win this case... and justice will prevail. But lose... and justice will also prevail. Now that's a strange case."

It's one of those deals, isn't it?

• Brohoof 1

I disagree. I think it's time for the torch to be passed, and for Bray to be victorious. After all, if Taker wins, Bray's credibility is destroyed (again) and we don't see Taker for another 4 months. 

@@Shadowdragon6060,

Even though I have my reservations on Cena, and am glad we're finally getting a break from him, he's still a stand up dude and respectable guy. Match wise, this has been his best year. 

You'd' probably like this. http://www.fimfiction.net/story/299104/you-cant-c-me

I loved it, and it inspired me to write this: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/299882/celestia-finds-a-champion-to-train-oak-and-his-name-is-john-cena

• Brohoof 1

I used to be a huge fan of TNA and WWE, but now that I can't really follow shows where I live in, I basically gave up on that :/

But I was more a fan of the female divisions than the male one, even though well, the females are always almost unexistant...

Also because now the WWE Divas division is like the worst ever... long life NXT though.

• Brohoof 1

WWE is slowly killing wrestling for women...

B-But don't you remember? T-They have a Divas revolution now. T-They play a major role...R-Right?

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, the Divas division has gotten to the point where I've stopped paying attention to it. I don't know who's face, who's heel, who's in what faction or whatever.

But here's the thing, I want to pay attention to it. But I just, can't.

I used to be a huge fan of TNA and WWE, but now that I can't really follow shows where I live in, I basically gave up on that :/

But I was more a fan of the female divisions than the male one, even though well, the females are always almost unexistant...

Also because now the WWE Divas division is like the worst ever... long life NXT though.

Womens wrestling is the only thing TNA does better than WWE. I used to be a fan of TNA. But it seemed like every step forward was two steps back. They'd do something cool, but flub everything else up, over and over again. 

The last straw for me was when "The Phenomenal"  AJ Styles, "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, Samoa Joe & "Cowboy" James Storm, 5 of their biggest stars, two who there from the start, were all released. I'm done giving them chances. 

But you think todays womens division was bad? Try watching from '05-'13

To be honest, the Divas division has gotten to the point where I've stopped paying attention to it. I don't know who's face, who's heel, who's in what faction or whatever.

But here's the thing, I want to pay attention to it. But I just, can't.

I know that feel. Things look promising 4 months ago. But now it's just a hodgepodge. 

This vid pretty much sums up the issues the division has had in the WWE . 

And this is how you do a proper womens match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n_itZQGXgY

• Brohoof 1

Alright, semi-finals are set for SS. Dean "Jon Moxley" Ambrose vs. Keven "Steen" Owens & Alberto "Dos Caras El Patron Jr." Del Rio vs. Roman Reigns. I was really hoping Antonio "Claudio Castagnoli" Cesaro would get the win. Those two had a great match. Just shows the Swiss Kryptonian can have a fantastic match with anyone. I was also hoping Calisto would move on. But so much for his mini push. 

It'll probably be Dean vs. Roman. And your winner will probably be:

Sheamus

• Brohoof 2

I frigging hope so, he's my fella man

He's good, but I don't think he's quite ready to be back in the world title picture. He needs to be built back up to a worthy contender. Right now, his W/L record is spotty and he's in a midcard tag team w/ Wade Barrett. Waiting till after Mania to cash in would be his best bet. 

But who am I kidding? He's gonna steal it from Roman at Survivor Series so Roman can win it again at Mania. Probably gonna have Tripps help as well. Become the new face for the authority. 

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Somepony pick up that phone.

Cause I freaking called it. 

Survivor series was so bland, predictable and by the numbers. That show was the poster child for playing it safe. 

Raw the next night wasn't much better. None of the matches interest me.  I skimmed it, then skipped it at the last hour. 

And I wasn't the only one.They started w/ 200,000 fewer viewers than last week. 460,000 would tune out before the end of the show. Raw would drop to below  3 million viewers fro the first time in 18 years. Rating's haven't been this low since they were loosing to WCW Monday nitro. What does that say about the current product?

• Brohoof 1

Somepony pick up that phone.

Cause I freaking called it. 

Survivor series was so bland, predictable and by the numbers. That show was the poster child for playing it safe. 

Raw the next night wasn't much better. None of the matches interest me.  I skimmed it, then skipped it at the last hour. 

And I wasn't the only one.They started w/ 200,000 fewer viewers than last week. 460,000 would tune out before the end of the show. Raw would drop to below  3 million viewers fro the first time in 18 years. Rating's haven't been this low since they were loosing to WCW Monday nitro. What does that say about the current product?

It says, the roster has the lowest starpower since 20 years. Even in 1995, you could count on guys like Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon and The Undertaker. There isn't a guy in the company right now, that can draw this kind of starpower, except for John Cena and he is gone. Rollins is out now for 6 months and Cesaro (who is the best wrestler in the company in my opinion) is also out.

I hope Vince sees this and knows what his company is in for, once Cena is out permanently.

But who am i kidding? Vince has lost every bit of reality.

• Brohoof 1