Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do any of you actually like bugs? If so, what kind?

J.R.

Do you like bugs?  

31 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like bugs?

• Yes, they're cool/cute.
    • No, I hate bugs (Ew).
    • Eh....

Huh. Interesting. It'd be innocuous to me at worst.

Maybe some elaboration as to what makes them frightening to you?

Um... Because of all of those legs, and that mooshy, slimy (or fuzzy, depending on the type) body.

I know it's not rational, but that's just how it is for me.

I love moths, bees, and spiders.

I mean, I love moths when they aren't flying in to your mouth and face when you're using electronics in the dark. Bees and spiders are just so goddamn cute and not really quite as annoying as moths.

• Brohoof 1

Um... Because of all of those legs, and that mooshy, slimy (or fuzzy, depending on the type) body.

I know it's not rational, but that's just how it is for me.

No worries. Epidermic needles turn me into a gibbering pile of goo.  :lol:

I love moths, bees, and spiders.

I mean, I love moths when they aren't flying in to your mouth and face when you're using electronics in the dark. Bees and spiders are just so goddamn cute and not really quite as annoying as moths.

I know, aren't bees just so huggable with their fuzzy, bulbous forms. Their flying, buzzing little toys.

Bumblebee_05.JPG  :wub:  Awwww

Are The Breezies or The Parasprites considered "bugs"? In MLP The Breezies look like like ponies but are tiny with little fairylike wings and antennae, also and they all traveled in swarms and also the parasite is usually "insect" in nature. Certain worms and blood suckers like mosquitos and leeches are all bugs. Actually some parasites can be good. I heard leeches are sometimes used in the medical field to cure patients the same way the "Bee Lady" uses bees to treat her patients the venom when stung tightens the tissue even kills pain too. But as far as good uses for parasites they only benefit off their hosts. This is a symbiote: Something that bonds with a host and they both have their benefits. Except this "zombie beetle" that takes hold and controls another bug and forces it to commit suicide... By walking out into plain sight. The parasite probably intends to pass from one host to infect another. Like how zombies work. This is also a theory as to where zombies the flesh eating "Romero" corpses come from, not the voodoo Haitian undead slave zombies brought about by a powder composed of The Pufferfish zombies which is actual term for zombie and where the word comes from. Some say it's by a new medicinal drug breakthrough or this fungus that is supposed to only affect insects and stuff. So um are Parasprites and Breezies kind of insects of MLP? 

I like bugs, I think they're interesting. I especially love the ones that are part of the Hymenoptera order, which includes bees and ants, for example.

I like the designs they have and I admire the hard work they display, plus the willingness that some types have for defending their colony/nest is a trait I find impressive.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Bulldog Ant

Bulldog_ant_1.jpg

Army Ant

Eciton_Soldier.jpg

Asian Giant Hornet

tumblr_lk6sak3aDs1qzrxon.jpg

Edited by Gernia

I have to say that bugs are very cool. I especially like beetles because they can be so colorful. I don't like finding a bug in my house but outside, I would let a lady bug crawl on my finger anytime. A grub once pooped on my mom. It was pretty awesome.

I think that they're amazing little creatures. The incredible contrast between a caterpillar as the perfect eating machine and moths that can barely eat at all. The predator-prey relationship between dragonflies and mosquitoes that starts underwater and continues into the sky. The emergent order and structure in what intuition would suggest should have never functioned as a hive or colony. The strange way that a yellow jacket larva will digest meat for the adults.

It is a very alien world sometimes.

If anything, I'm kinda afraid of insects and bugs, and arachnids, and anything else of the variety. >_<

I really feel bad about ever really "killing" an insect or spider of any kind though too, so I kinda try to just let them go about their business and avoid them. .-.

I cannot stand most bugs.  They are creepy, disgusting, and some are even dangerous.  The only bug that I do like is the firefly.  I do not mind holding a firefly.

Well it depends what kind of bugs it is. I'm not really that into house flies nor do I like the little guys who try to live inside my house.

Other than that, yes I do like bugs! When I was young I went outside to look for bugs all the time and I'd put the cool ones in a jar and feed them. They're very interesting to me :)

• 4 weeks later...

I love bugs, they're adorable.

My favorite kind would probably be the ladybug. They're just so precious.

Bugs kinda bug me, which is why I like spiders

Bugs kinda bug me

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Brohoof 1

I've always been fascinated by bugs ! The ones that aren't dangerous like caterpillars , ladybugs and oube flies cute . While I find ones that give us problems any pest like roaches or dangerous bug like the army ant or the Asian giant hornet to be in testing and wonderful to study ! Be had several bugs as pets ( tons of spiders , a emperor scorpion , a death stalker , a praying mantis , some roaches , ants etc . Bugs are wonderful little creatures !

• Brohoof 1