Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming (Skyrim) Why Do You Support the Empire or Stormcloaks

Snow Frostflame

The more research I do on this the more I side with the Empire.

I mean seriously, when Thalmor banned the worship of Talos, Ulfric recaptured Markarth from the wildmen and, as a price for helping the city out, he demanded that worship of Talos is allowed. So, Markarth agreed. When Imperial Legion arrived, he demanded the same from them, and they ALSO AGREED, even in spite of the truce and Thalmor demands. When Thalmor learned of this, they threatened the Empire with renewal of the war, so the Imperials, in order to stop the potential bloodshed, had to agree to their terms and expelled Ulfric from Markarth. That's when he developed resentment against the Empire and started a civil war... Even though half of Skyrim admits that Empire was always a great trading partner and confered protection to them...

What Ulfric doesn't realize is that the Imperials don't like the Thalmor either. The Empire views are different than the Aldmeri Dominion views. Even if Ulfric won the war against the Empire, the Thalmor would come for Skyrim sooner or later, seeing how powerful the Dominion is. Therefore, his uprising is extremely reckless, even if the cause is honorable. I mean, it's not like the Empire mistreated them in any way so far... Ulfric calls the Empire "the puppets of the Thalmor", but instead rebelling against Thalmor, he rebels against the Empire :huh:

Even though he has personal experience with the Thalmor, as they captured and interrogated him in the past, what gave him a reason to resent them.

The ironic thing is that Talos is IMPERIAL hero and champion. So basically, Ulfric is fighting for the right to worship an Imperial semi-god.

• Brohoof 2

Okay I'm not as 'in the know' with Skyrim lore so my reasons are pretty simple.

I much prefer the Imperials purely because it's clear they've been around for years and have done well protecting the land and such. The Stormcloaks have created a war Skyrim didn't need so deserve no less than to be punished. But yeah, that's just my uneducated opinion  :o

The more research I do on this the more I side with the Empire.

I mean seriously, when Thalmor banned the worship of Talos, Ulfric recaptured Markarth from the wildmen and, as a price for helping the city out, he demanded that worship of Talos is allowed. So, Markarth agreed. When Imperial Legion arrived, he demanded the same from them, and they ALSO AGREED, even in spite of the truce and Thalmor demands. When Thalmor learned of this, they threatened the Empire with renewal of the war, so the Imperials, in order to stop the potential bloodshed, had to agree to their terms and expelled Ulfric from Markarth. That's when he developed resentment against the Empire and started a civil war... Even though half of Skyrim admits that Empire was always a great trading partner and confered protection to them...

What Ulfric doesn't realize is that the Imperials don't like the Thalmor either. The Empire views are different than the Aldmeri Dominion views. Even if Ulfric won the war against the Empire, the Thalmor would come for Skyrim sooner or later, seeing how powerful the Dominion is. Therefore, his uprising is extremely reckless, even if the cause is honorable. I mean, it's not like the Empire mistreated them in any way so far... Ulfric calls the Empire "the puppets of the Thalmor", but instead rebelling against Thalmor, he rebels against the Empire :huh:

Even though he has personal experience with the Thalmor, as they captured and interrogated him in the past, what gave him a reason to resent them.

The ironic thing is that Talos is IMPERIAL hero and champion. So basically, Ulfric is fighting for the right to worship an Imperial semi-god.

This gentleman/lady knows where it's at. This is exactly why the stormcloaks need to be driven into oblivion.

• Brohoof 1

I'll answer this question from the viewpoint of my character:

I support the Stormcloaks in the war, but I actually believe Skyrim should be part of the Empire. Here's my explanation: The Empire is weak from the Great War, and while they technically won the White-Gold Concordat has neutered the Empire. Skyrim won't recover from the war being part of the Empire, and it will never stand behind the Thalmor. Therefore, secession is necessary. In the long run, however, the Empire provides stability for a violent place like Skyrim, so once the Empire has recovered its strength and beats the Thalmor, I feel Skyrim should rejoin them.

Sadly, for the Empire to truly begin regaining its strength, the old leaders must disappear to make place for the new, and so the Emperor must also die. That pained me; I liked the man. But he knew it would be for the best. I hope that knowledge comforts him in whatever afterlife he now rests.

I support the Empire. Good people. Besides, the Imperials seem grateful for having The Dragonborn on their side. Plus Stormcloaks are racists....I'm a Kahjiit, I can't count how many times I got threatened of being turned into a fur coat. I could care less about what Daedric God someone praised...just as long as we can live in a civl community. 

Plus, not to mention, being the Thane to nearly every Jarl in Skyrim, has it's perks. 

I am huge enemy of Thalmor and I dislike their attitude towards anyone who is not among them. One may think that because of that I sided with Ulfric.

Wrong. 

I sided with empire and I always will. Empire surrendered before Thalmor, but made it clear that they are not willing to just give up and let them rule forever. Eventually they'd fight Thalmor again and I am sure this time Altmers wouldn't be so lucky if everything was well prepared. 

And what if Ulfric won? Skyrim would separate from empire. Would become one, small province easy to be conquered by Thalmor. That would not only weaken Skyrim itself, but also weaken entire Empire. And if other provinces followed Skyrim? Conquering them would be awfully easy for Thalmor. Only united empire is capable of fighting back at one point or another. Having it divided is what Thalmor wants, because it would give them the upper hand. 

Even if Ulfric's ideals aren't all bad (despite being racist) he awfully lacks intelligence if he fails to notice that Skyrim alone will never be able to fight against Thalmor. I can't support such people.