Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Anyone Actually Still Use AIM?

Itsy Bitsy Alex

So I was just editing my profile and going through what we could link to, when I noticed that you can put your AIM handle in one of the boxes. I still had AIM on my computer and decided to make a new account just in case, but does anyone still use AIM? Personally, I love it, that yellow fellow is still running down on my taskbar, but that's just me.

(Plug: If you wanna add me, my handle is virtual_sugar)

• Brohoof 2

I don't think I've used AIM since 2006. Can't even remember my credentials for my old account. Skype dominates the IM scene nowadays and now that's all I use, and all that my friend use as far as I know.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think I've used AIM since 2006. Can't even remember my credentials for my old account. Skype dominates the IM scene nowadays and now that's all I use, and all that my friend use as far as I know.

Yeah, I still use Skype too, though usually when I ask my friends what they chat with, it's usually stuff like WhatsApp, Kik, hell some of my friends strictly use the Facebook Messenger. I guess this is because of the fact that those are more currently popular applications hence why kids/teens of today are going to use them more often, but it just got me thinking.

• Brohoof 1

I stopped using it years ago, after I accidentally installed it with the "new" as opposed to "classic" settings which generate this large chat bubbles that occupied far to much of the screen.  I couldn't undo the change even after uninstalling a reinstalling the program (I was never prompted with this choice again) and I couldn't figure out how to change it in the program itself or find the necessary instructions online.  Then I realized everybody was on Skype anyway, which was better in virtually every way, so I removed the program and now I just use Skype.

• 4 weeks later...

I never used AIM in the old days. I actually installed it last year to try to text a friend for free from my computer. It didn't work.

• Brohoof 1