Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Much Snow in Your Area?

~Flash Brush~

There was a little bit of snow in some parts of my county a few months back which is almost nonexistent for us so currently I have none. I live in Southern California so whenever any snow happens anywhere even remotely close to me you know that old man winter is being a bastard.

Pennsylvania. We have snow to share. 

'Oh, give me a home where the snows roam.

Where the deer and the songbirds play.

Where seldom is heard a discouraging word.

And the skies are cloudy in winter days.'

Oh I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be rude by asking if you live in Boston, I live in Virginia and this is the most snow I've seen here in a long time, its going to be cold here though next week, and it's gonna be mid 50s Sunday, but doubt the snow will be gone anytime soon since it's mainly ice.

• Brohoof 1

Too much. Living in the northeast is not fun this time of year. We get near blizzard conditions every year. It's worse where I live, Western New York, cuz I live next to the great lakes, so you'd be hard pressed to see 50 degrees in January. Hey, at least we don't freak out over a millimeter of snow  :lol:

It never snows here.

I guess that'd sound more astonishing if I didn't live in frickin' Hawaii.

That being said, I lied.  It snows on the tallest mountain in the state.  BUT STILL

At this moment there's not a whole lot of snow,but you had to see how the last week was.

In fact,there're still locked paths due for how much snow there was.

0", 0cm, 0mm, 0 hoof-lengths.

If the models are correct, I'm not looking forward to next Friday's crippling ice storm. Thank goodness it's still six days away; plenty of time to trend warmer or trend colder at 850mb (cold enough for snow).

Stop talking, please, I don't want to be reminded of the foot and a half of snow sitting in my front yard right now, or the giant platform of ice where my bus picks me up from school, or the fact that it hasn't gotten above freezing for the past week at least (I haven't been keeping track). I know some of you may have lower temperatures than where I'm situated, but at least you don't have to worry when you sink knee-deep into a layer of powder snow after slipping on an unseen patch of ice from the last couple snow showers.

On the plus side, though, the stuff is perfect for snowballs!

• 4 weeks later...

None. :( I want to spend winter vacation up north so badly. I'd play in snow for the first time in years.

Edited by LatinoChurro

The PNW has been getting the lowest amount of snow in years! The last time the snow was this low was in 1962! Around Northern Oregon/Mt. Hood, it is only 11% of normal, in the North Cascades/Northern Washington it is ~40% of normal, and on Mt. Rainier it is only ~30% of normal. The worst is on the Mt. Hood National Forest, by far. Places that should be under 6+ feet of snow have patches to none at all. Places at almost 5,000 ft. have hardly any at all! 

Olallie Lake in January, 2015:

IMGP5820.JPG

Olallie Lake in January, on a regular snow year:

warm-springs-cabin-olallie-lake-snowmobi