Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Much Snow in Your Area?

~Flash Brush~

My area received 3 feet of snow total this whole winter. It was so close to breaking the record snowfall in my state. Thankfully most of the snow has melted.

• 3 years later...

Southern California is blissfully devoid of snow. I've lived in the Northeast, Midwest and Northwest, and all of them have had snow, usually way too much of it. The Northeast was buried every winter under several feet of snow, the Northwest was sporadic but enough to avoid driving in, and the Midwest always had ice along with it. I didn't care for any of it. If I want snow now, I know a place that makes its own fake snow, summer or winter, and that's perfect for me. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, here in western germany and especially in the rhineland, snow is not so common here because it is one of the warmes regions of the country. It can happens that we get a lot of snow, but this is more a rare event (2010/11 for example was such a heavy and snowy winter). Usually, there are only a few snowy days in a winter. I live on a small mountain and I have here more often snow than Bonn or Cologne for example, but in comparison to other regions in germany (mostly eastern and southern regions like bavaria or saxony), snow is rare here and usually really wet and muddy. This winter for example, I had only one day and two mornings where snow lies on the ground. It also happens often that snow falls but turns into rain with the time. Currently, I have rain and wind by mild temperatures. But maybe I get snow tomorrow. 

The last time we had anything more than a dusting was back in early 2015, and even that wasn't really anything. We used to get a lot more snow than that. In 2011 we saw like 20+ inches for a year. Now we get... a dusting for an entire year.

My frustration is super charged right now because we've had three winter storms in the area in the last month. The first two went slightly Southwest of where I live. The most recent one went slightly Northeast. I'm not even exaggerating when I say "slightly". We're stuck in a tiny pocket in the middle that has been winter stormless for nearly eight years now.

I guess winter storms are extinct here now. I guess I'll have to wait until we move to New England to experience one. =(

Edited by Envy

Winter used to be more abundant here in Germany, but lately, it doesn't seem to kick off until like January to February. December I think it snowed like... Once.

• 11 months later...

No snow anywhere to be found. In fact it's been in the 60s and 70s most of the time since "winter" began. I'm calling it now, snow is now nearly extinct in E/NE Oklahoma. It's almost like living in Florida at this point, aside from there being the potential of getting cold (which never lasts, and I mean the last time it even got below freezing here was like two or three days before Christmas).