Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight's a bad pony. How long before she turns into a villain?

ManaMinori

In spite of being the princess' best pupil, looking back, she's done quite a few questionable/ shady/ eyebrow-raising misdeeds/ transgressions that may very well put her on the path to eventually becoming a villain. (we all know it starts out small) She's already opened and read mail from Sunset to Celestia, and never given Celestia the mail (in EQGRR), she's mind-controlled masses with her 'want it, need it” spell and planned on forcibly mind controlling, “reforming” Discord when Fluttershy needed to reform him, she's altered her friends forms without consent (ponies into Breezies/ Fluttershy into a bat), messed with animals natural composition (mice into horses, frogs into oranges, and even altered the diet of parasprites and vampire fruit bats for the worse), read Luna and Celestia's (and King Sombra's) personal diary, broken into the Canterlot archives with accomplices....and hasn't yet been reprimanded or punished for any of these actions, save for the use of the 'want it, need it' spell. She's out of control. Does this not worry anyone else or raise red flags?

• Brohoof 4

I hope she'll become a villain one day, that would be very interesting to see how the mane 5 would react.

Plus this scenario sounds plausible as you said, she went insane in Lesson Zero and Twilight's Kingdom, so why not.

Edited by Blobulle

Equestria Girls 3 she becomes Midnight Sparkle. So Fall of 2015

I actually think that it's human Twilight who becomes Midnight Sparkle, after finding and harnessing the magic transported into her world (because Midnight Sparkle is wearing human Twilight's glasses)

Who will replace the element of Magic?

Trixie!

Trixie's talent is best utilized for show and performance magic. It'd likely be Sunset Shimmer

• Brohoof 2

It's all a learning experience for her. She's not supposed to know all the answers, and that's why her 'solutions' don't often work. But in the end, she gets help from others to find the right way to deal with the situation, and from that is able to become a better pony. I don't see any risk of her turning evil.

• Brohoof 6

Yay! Villain that will have an actual story! Since she's the leader wouldn't the others abandon their elements and become evil? Hasbro, make it happen!!! And as for replacements, it was let out that there would be an episode focused on background ponies so either background ponies un-corrupt them, find new element bearers or become the new element bearers...

Edited by Princess Oceangem

Okay, who really thinks that the creators would turn the main character of a kids show that the kids look up to into a villian for more than one episode?

Sorry, not gonna happen.

Edited by Mouse
  • Brohoof 2

Okay, who really thinks that the creators would turn the main character of a kids show that the kids look up to into a villian for more than one episode?

Sorry, not gonna happen.

Pokemon did it (Pikachu's been turned evil a good number of times, and he's the franchise mascot). Frozen did it (Elsa becoming the antagonist). I'm sure many other shows and franchises did it, too.

Twilight Sparkle is a gentle natured pony that always uses magic for good. She makes mistakes but that's normal. She will never turn evil and everyone that says that she will has a thing against Twilight and has this obsession with seeing her fail since she turned into an Alicorn. To them, she's tainted by her title and wings and they would rather see that she turns evil than to have her continue to learn and grow.

Twilight Sparkle is a gentle natured pony that always uses magic for good. She makes mistakes but that's normal. She will never turn evil and everyone that says that she will has a thing against Twilight and has this obsession with seeing her fail since she turned into an Alicorn. To them, she's tainted by her title and wings and they would rather see that she turns evil than to have her continue to learn and grow.

"She will never turn evil and everyone that says that she will has a thing against Twilight and has this obsession with seeing her fail since she turned into an Alicorn."

wow. Way to lump everyone together, like that.  =_=

What you're forgetting is that Twilight can have the best intentions in the world, but that doesn't mean that she can do half the things she does and get away with it. Magically mind-controlling somepony- or some spirit of chaos, or altering a species natural diet or physical makeup is WRONG. You can do it with the best of intentions, but it doesn't dismiss the fact that it shouldn't be done. She's abusing her magic, when it comes to the things I've listed above, and abusing one's power leads to corruption, whether you like it or not. It's shown in fiction, and in real life. And Twilight turning evil BY NO MEANS means that she's unable to develop any further. Just look at Sunset Shimmer. If anything, Twilight turning evil would better help her to learn and grow, being more responsible with her powers and more carefully considering the consequences to using them, even with the best of intent. Magic is not (and SHOULD NOT) be a 'be all, end all', to every problem, anyway.

She's abusing her magic, when it comes to the things I've listed above, and abusing one's power leads to corruption, whether you like it or not.

Nonsense. When does she use the full extent of her powers? Does she even use her title for any kind of benefits? She doesn't even use it to gain a taxi cab in the city and you're saying that she could be on the verge of being a full villain? If she becomes a villain, they would have to destroy her personality or else she would be the lamest villain ever.

And if what Twilight is doing is wrong then I guess Discord is on the verge of becoming a villain again? He uses so much magic that he even turns inanimate objects into things that can move and purposely let his magic seeds nearly destroy Ponyville rather than to fix it himself. I guess they should turn him back into stone.

But that wouldn't satisfy the Twilight haters. They just hate it that their favorite pony doesn't get as much attention as Twilight for having the audacity to be the main character.

Nonsense. When does she use the full extent of her powers? Does she even use her title for any kind of benefits? She doesn't even use it to gain a taxi cab in the city and you're saying that she could be on the verge of being a full villain? If she becomes a villain, they would have to destroy her personality or else she would be the lamest villain ever.

And if what Twilight is doing is wrong then I guess Discord is on the verge of becoming a villain again? He uses so much magic that he even turns inanimate objects into things that can move and purposely let his magic seeds nearly destroy Ponyville rather than to fix it himself. I guess they should turn him back into stone.

But that wouldn't satisfy the Twilight haters. They just hate it that their favorite pony doesn't get as much attention as Twilight for having the audacity to be the main character.

I disagree, if written correctly, Twilight can be a great villain. Of course, the reasons why she turns evil must be very relevant.

And I really like Twilight, I don't think that those who would like to see her turning into a villain dislike her. It's just that it would be awesome to see her evil.

Edited by Blobulle

Personally, I would rather have seen her learn and grow than turn into an alicorn.  :twi:  

And I don't want her to be evil. Pretty much all of the OP's points can be explained away as Twilight overreacting with good intentions (her main weakness, now that I think about it) and doing no lasting harm.

In spite of being the princess' best pupil, looking back, she's done quite a few questionable/ shady/ eyebrow-raising misdeeds/ transgressions that may very well put her on the path to eventually becoming a villain. (we all know it starts out small) She's already opened and read mail from Sunset to Celestia, and never given Celestia the mail (in EQGRR), she's mind-controlled masses with her 'want it, need it” spell and planned on forcibly mind controlling, “reforming” Discord when Fluttershy needed to reform him, she's altered her friends forms without consent (ponies into Breezies/ Fluttershy into a bat), messed with animals natural composition (mice into horses, frogs into oranges, and even altered the diet of parasprites and vampire fruit bats for the worse), read Luna and Celestia's (and King Sombra's) personal diary, broken into the Canterlot archives with accomplices....and hasn't yet been reprimanded or punished for any of these actions, save for the use of the 'want it, need it' spell. She's out of control. Does this not worry anyone else or raise red flags?

No offense but it honestly kind of sounds like you're twisting her actions because you want her to be bad lol.

• Brohoof 2

It's just that it would be awesome to see her evil.

I think it would ruin the show.

Personally, I would rather have seen her learn and grow than turn into an alicorn.

Because having her become a princess has put a stop to her learning somehow?

1. Twilight's not going to be a villain unless there some kind of possession or something.

2. Although we see she has very bad 'issues' with being late or her time table changing, this alone won't make her a villain.

3. This would be very dark and the show is intended for children.

It is not likely this will be a future plot. Also why the hating? I dislike Twilight personally but she is a good character.

• Brohoof 1

No offense but it honestly kind of sounds like you're twisting her actions because you want her to be bad lol.

=_= ok, YEAH. I'm twisting her actions, because Twilight's done absolutely NONE of what I listed, before, and she always considers the outcome of her actions and never panics or freaks out, is anywhere near the slippery slope that she's on, and there's not a drop of evidence to support anything I've said. I just want her to be bad for no good reason.

YEAH, THAT'S TOTALLY IT, YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

=_=

I think it would ruin the show.

Because having her become a princess has put a stop to her learning somehow?

Because having her become a princess was unnecessary and a weird distraction from all the learning she did previously, and would have done, sans accessories. That finale could have been about her meeting the spirit of Starswirl the Bearded after breaking his spell, bombarding him with questions, and foreshadowing Season 4 somehow. I would have enjoyed something like that more.

=_= ok, YEAH. I'm twisting her actions, because Twilight's done absolutely NONE of what I listed, before, and she always considers the outcome of her actions and never panics or freaks out, is anywhere near the slippery slope that she's on, and there's not a drop of evidence to support anything I've said. I just want her to be bad for no good reason.

YEAH, THAT'S TOTALLY IT, YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!

=_=

Yea don't confess that your putting her down, for no good reason, with out the circumstances be hide her actions. 

Just throw sarcasm. 

Technically she didn't break into the Canterlot archives, but she intended to. I think transfiguration is part of the curriculum at Princess Celestia's school for gifted unicorns. My headcanon is that her school is fairly Harry Potter-esque. That said, I would like to see Twilight become a villain, even if it's through mind control or something, or even see her put in any kind of situation where the other members of the mane six have to save her and get their time to shine.

As much as I love the epic intros and grand finales, they're all Twilight-centric, and she usually has the biggest role in saving the day. In fact, she always does and the vibe I'm getting from the trailers suggests that the season 5 intro will be no different. I would love to see a similar story arc where the shoe is on the other foot for a change, and a good character temporarily gone bad story arc could work.

• Brohoof 1