Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are you guys Learning in School These Days?

~Flash Brush~

In biology, we are learning about the human lineage, Isomerism in Chemistry, Logarithm in Maths, the conflictual situation of the Middle East since WW2 in History/Geography, and I'm pretty sure the last lesson in philosophy was about the Evil and the Milgram experiment.

It's interesting overall, honestly, the only lessons that are boring as hell are English and Spanish. English because we learn close to nothing, Spanish because we are not even able to use the future and yet, we are still learning history stuff we already know or how to use the subjective passive pluperfect.

Let's not talk about Latin, I'm glad this finally serves a purpose and that it will give me free points for my exams.

Edited by ConcorDisparate

Visual Communication

How to scale a logo up while keeping correct proportions.

Visual Arts

How to paint a dramatic self-portrait using oil paints.

Science

The different models of atoms. Most predominantly Bohr's model since it's the easiest and somewhat correct. Even though it's now outdated compared to the Wave Atom.

Mathematics

How to factorise and expand algebraic equations.

Edited by Flitter

I'm in a scientific preparatory school so the curriculum is very dense.

But at the moment:

Mathematics: differential calculus, which is very hard to understand because of the notation. X_X

Physics: waves

Chemistry: we just finished organic chemistry, now we're studying azeotropes and heteroazeotropes.

Edited by Blobulle

Programming (practice): Java 101 (already know it so it's boring)

Programming (theory): hash tables

Mathematics (computational): regular grammars

Mathematics: linear algebra/solving linear equations

Electronics: logic minimisation and FPGAs

Architectures: Flynn's taxonomy

Nothing!

I don't go to school anymore, but even when I did I just slept through every class and learned what I wanted at home.

As for my learning at home, I've been slacking off lately but I'm currently learning calculus, basic programming (Python), intermediate physics, basic Japanese, and I should be learning more Chinese but I totally haven't since I left Beijing.

how to smoke pot and not get caught.....

but seriously

my school works a bit differently then yours I take my electives on a computer

currently I'm taking Art, and PE,

as for other classes

Math: Personal Finance

​English: British Literature

and I passed all History classes and the required amount of Science classes

nutrition: food for upper gastrointestinal disorders

communication: how to interact with other cultures

anatomy: meiosis and mitosis

psychology: the chemical imbalance in the brain that creates depression

I just started a new semester today. Studying Algorithm analysis (The research and development, as well as examination of the structure of a good algorithm), Databases (Pretty much everything related to the storage, sorting, and availability of information on a computer) and Advanced mathematical tools (Just a fancy name for a course composed of all the parts of infinitesimal calculus, discrete math and linear algebra that they couldn't cover in their respective courses). Seems somewhat difficult, but i'm up to the challenge :)

I'm in my final semester of my English Lit degree. I have three modules going right now:

• Posthumanism - really cool looking at the treatment of the posthuman in the last 100 years of literature and how they have imagined the future.
  • Shieldmaidens - looking at and translating old Norse sagas written in old Icelandic. I'm studying the depiction of women in these sagas.
  • American Words American Worlds - studying American literature of the last 150 years and how it has shaped the American people and their view of the world. Americans would not be a fan because it is pretty critical of the American mindset.

this might top them all i have class called know your auto and small engines were i get fix people cars up and how tear apart engines and also dismantle cars that would be most intersting thing i learn in school and on side note we do have our own shop in the school

Edited by detirotbrony89