Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

LiraCrown

Hi, I am new here and I am also new to art. Well, new in the sense that I have not drawn since I was 10 or so and I was not even good then. I am looking for more places to get feedback and inspiration. So here I am. I can take criticism as long as it is constructive in some way. I take praise even better =P So let me know what you think.

tumblr_nk445fy2xR1uo9r0mo1_540.png

tumblr_nk2g5f77jX1uo9r0mo1_540.png

You can see all my work on my Deviantart and Tumblr, all images get posted in both places but the Deviant gets higher quality if you are interested, so take your pick if you wish to take a look (Or follow =P).

Deviantart
Tumbler

Take your pick. And thanks for looking.

• Brohoof 7

I love it! You are lucky you can draw on your computer! I am stuck with drawing with pencil and stuff.

Thanks, ya being able to use the PC is a lot more forgiving, look at my sketches, they are so messy! There are plenty of free PC art programs you could use if its a funds issue.

Thanks, ya being able to use the PC is a lot more forgiving, look at my sketches, they are so messy! There are plenty of free PC art programs you could use if its a funds issue.

Theres the problem.... I have a Chromebook and they suck for all creativity.....

Theres the problem.... I have a Chromebook and they suck for all creativity.....

Oh I used one of them once for about 10 mins. As much as I love chrome, the chromebook is the worst thing ever unless all you ever plan to do is surf the web and occasionally type a document. Your only hope is ASCII art then. But hay, good art can still be made by hand. Practice will make you GREAT AND POWERFUL!!  XD

I love your style you should be very happy with both of these I love AJ she looks bad*** :smug:  I cant wait for more also I do the same my sketches are messy so I redo them on the computer I use paint.net or GIMP what program do you use?

Thanks  :wub:

I am learning to use Adobe Illustrator, which I have determined is the best thing ever. I have owned it for a while but was so used to Fireworks I never made the change. But now... now everything is so smooth and pretty  :pinkie: Go compare my RD image and then the Pinkie one, which was the first Illustrator attempt. I have used Fireworks for years and blew myself out of the water. I wove it  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

I don't really have anything to criticize. 

Your style is one of the most unique I've seen yet.  :squee:

And that twilight drawing, OMG XD

Thanks =D

Might I ask, unique in what way?

• Brohoof 1

Thanks =D

Might I ask, unique in what way?

My pleasure!

Usually when people draw MLP, they will draw it in the common style such as http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/308/1/c/my_little_pony_by_corina93-d4f1wje.jpg

But the way you draw MLP is different than any style I've seen <3

Edited by Sassy Dashie
  • Brohoof 1

My pleasure!

Usually when people draw MLP, they will draw it in the common style such as http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/308/1/c/my_little_pony_by_corina93-d4f1wje.jpg

But the way you draw MLP is different than any style I've seen <3

:squee:

That's super encouraging that someone feels I am doing something different then everypony else. :P

Thanks for the feedback.

• Brohoof 1

Hi, I am new here and I am also new to art. Well, new in the sense that I have not drawn since I was 10 or so and I was not even good then. I am looking for more places to get feedback and inspiration. So here I am. I can take criticism as long as it is constructive in some way. I take praise even better =P So let me know what you think.

img-3517939-1-tumblr_nk445fy2xR1uo9r0mo1

img-3517939-2-tumblr_nk2g5f77jX1uo9r0mo1

You can see all my work on my Deviantart and Tumblr, all images get posted in both places but the Deviant gets higher quality if you are interested, so take your pick if you wish to take a look (Or follow =P).

Deviantart

Tumbler

Take your pick. And thanks for looking.

What do you use to create your awesome art :P

What do you use to create your awesome art :P

A red pen.. a black pen.. lined paper, um.. A bit of Adobe Fireworks and, um.. OH! Right, pretty much what I believe is the cheat code to pretty, smooth as silk pajamas on a Sunday morning vector lines. Only learned to use it 3 days ago and the lines, they are so sharp they cuts me.

But ya, that is what I use :okiedokielokie:

These are really great, especially for someone who is new to art.

But, I think Twilight's colors need a little more work; they seem to be a little too vibrant.

I do like the poses and ideas you used here, though. :)

• Brohoof 2

These are really great, especially for someone who is new to art.

But, I think Twilight's colors need a little more work; they seem to be a little too vibrant.

I do like the poses and ideas you used here, though. :)

As far as the colors it is semi on purpose. It would be fairly easy to get a screen cap and rip the colors, I actually did do that on the first 3 I did. But all others after, starting with Twi, I have been eyeballing colors for feel of the image I am doing and correctness to character . Not trying to be all, Your Wrong I Is Right or anything, just explaining why things are the way they are.

I really appreciate the feedback.  B) 

Eat books. Gain knowledge.

Hahahahahahaha! That's my desktop now!

Haha, that is awesome.      B)

Glad you enjoy it.