Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wolves? :D

8-Bit

Hai :3

I wasn't sure where else to post!

Any wolf lovers out there that need a smile?

I work(ed) with wolves at the UK Wolf Conservation Trust for a fair few years, and thought I'd share some photos with you all <3

I'm really struggling to share images (if anyone could shed some light on the best way to do that I'd be forever grateful!) so I've just got a link for you instead;

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e3xn4n2ys6g7j8o/AADhE8SFDtv5EvsgiarWnZSaa?dl=0

only a small number of photos from the hundreds I have, but if they make even one person smile I'll be so happy! :)

If anyone would like to talk about wolves with me I'd love that :D I have a degree in animal welfare and behaviour and I've worked with wolves for around 4-5 years as a volunteer <3

• Brohoof 7

Ya I'm very much a wolfie kinda person

Wolves imho are one of thee most misunderstood animals out there.

I love anything wolf related but I've never been up close to one, closest was at a wolf habitat area and got to watch a pack from about a quarter mile away

Edited by Argumedies

Oh sure I love wolves. My whole family loves wolves.

We actually own those pieces

guess-whos-coming-to-dinner--framedjpg20

1912888-bigthumbnail.jpg

Nice!

I wish I had a picture but I have this Nice high quality picture of three wolves under a full moon and it's all done in fine thread,

I'll get one in a few weeks when get home so I can show it

I think wolves are very pretty animals. Wouldn't ever want to be face-to-face with one though. Wolves don't have a very good reputation where i live, people absolutely hate them and hunters pretty much want to personally erase the entire species from existance. If you like wolves, don't ever bring them up in any sort of positive light when you're talking with the average Finnish hunter.

I think wolves are very pretty animals. Wouldn't ever want to be face-to-face with one though. Wolves don't have a very good reputation where i live, people absolutely hate them and hunters pretty much want to personally erase the entire species from existance. If you like wolves, don't ever bring them up in any sort of positive light when you're talking with the average Finnish hunter.

I had no idea that the Finns hated wolves so much :o it's clear in many of the states but I didn't realise they were a problem in Finland :o

I'm not sure how I'd deal with a wild one face to face. It would be rare indeed but I guess our captive ones are actually more dangerous given they haven't got the fear of man wild ones have. Not that they've ever hurt me :)

I had no idea that the Finns hated wolves so much :o it's clear in many of the states but I didn't realise they were a problem in Finland :o

I'm not sure how I'd deal with a wild one face to face. It would be rare indeed but I guess our captive ones are actually more dangerous given they haven't got the fear of man wild ones have. Not that they've ever hurt me :)

The hate is mostly in rural areas, city folk tend to either not care about/somewhat like wolves, much to the disdain of rural folks. Personally i think some of the hate goes a bit overboard, but there is a reason people are a bit wary of wolves being near their homes, families, pets, livestock etc.

OH YES!  :pinkie:

I'm in love with wolves! (And animals in general, though wolves are my favorite animal) And I believe that if I had a spirit animal that it would be a wolf.

I think they are beautiful creatures, and would love to get to meet/interact with them like you have. (The photos made me smile, btw ;))

I also am an artist, so of course, I draw wolves A LOT. X3

I love wolves! They've been my favorite animal since I was a kid. The closest I've even been to them is at our local nature park but I've never been up close and personal with one the way you have. I'm insanely jealous; those pictures are amazing! Someday I would love to visit Wolf Park (http://wolfpark.org/) it's only a state away so the trip wouldn't be impossible. I'm sure it would be the experience of a lifetime for any wolf lover.

• 4 weeks later...

I love wolves. I think they're beautiful, adorable animals and I have a lot of respect for them.

That being said, I'd never even go near one in real life if I could help it. That's just asking to get your ass ripped off because these are very dangerous animals. That's the thing about nature, nature can be beautiful but that doesn't mean it's even remotely safe.

I'd much rather look at a wolf from a tremendous distance or just look at pictures online. 

It's not that I care about danger, I give zero shits about danger. I just don't want to put myself in danger when it's pointless. If I saw a severely injured wolf laying by the side of the road or something I'd gladly try to help it because that'd be worthwhile, but I would never put myself within close proximity of a wolf just for the sake of doing so.

8-Bit, please note that I'm not at all saying the work you do is pointless. Quite the opposite, actually. What you do is an example of when I think it's worthwhile to put yourself in danger. I'm just referring to people who get wild animals as pets and shit because they think they're cute to the point where they forget how dangerous and vicious they really are.

Who doesn't like wolves? They're all buddies and they get along and help each other out. I mean, I like wolves too. They work in packs. It's like Friend City.

They're really nice animals! I remember meeting someone who had a domesticated wolf, it was missing one leg and was nearly blind, so they didn't want to let him out in the wild. He was a sweet old guy, a big softy compared to wild wolves.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch (Filly)™