Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hours, Activities, events, and vendors at Babscon

TheJLeeTeam

I have another question about Babscon. What are the hours on each day because I want to get there on Saturday as early as I can. But also what kind of activities, events and vendors does it have? I'm sure there's a cosplay contest but what other events and activities are there? And are some vendors stands to buy merchandise or souvenirs?

The official schedule hasn't been posted yet, but last year things started at 10:00 am. If you can (if you're driving), I recommend arriving Friday night and staying at Pointe Montara Hostel (http://www.yelp.com/biz/hostelling-international-point-montara-montara). It's only $30 a night and is about half an hour from the convention, making for a great cheap place to stay. That way you won't have to worry about making it on time (I'm doing the same thing Thursday night).

So far I know of The Voice: Equestria, and hopefully karaoke, a concert both nights (Concert Artists), an art show, a cosplay contest, and undisclosed panels (what they are has not yet been announced). Other than that I'm not sure as an official schedule has not yet been released.

For more info see: http://www.babscon.com/events/

I hope this helps!

All of the vendors at this year's con are listed here: http://www.babscon.com/vendors/

You'll find everything. Prints, buttons, plushies, jewelry, shirts, even soap. I'll be vending as well (The Bronycrafters) and I'd be more than happy to say hi!

As for events, they aren't up yet. I know I'm running a panel but when and where are big question marks.

There is always going to be one big panel event that most ponies like to go to because it features the voices actors or the writing team.  I think some days had more than one but the guests of honor always do discussions as well as being available at different times for autographs (for a fee). 

There are smaller panels too  I think this forum is going to have one.  Last year Equestria Daily had one, there was one on the latest Brony documentary, one done by the amazingly talented artist who does EquestriaPlush and I can't remember all of the ones offered. 

But there are always things going on.  It will be different every year but always something and usually a few that overlap each other so not everyone is trying to pile into one event.

You also will have to allow time for registration.  Even on a one day pass you have to pick up your badge so don't get there right at opening.  Allow at least an hour before if not more.  It's hard to say.  The full weekend folks will already be registered but Saturday is the biggest single day so the line might be long.

There will be plenty to do I assure you.

You also will have to allow time for registration.  Even on a one day pass you have to pick up your badge so don't get there right at opening.  Allow at least an hour before if not more.  It's hard to say.  The full weekend folks will already be registered but Saturday is the biggest single day so the line might be long.

There will be plenty to do I assure you.

For the love of Celestia bring your DS, a card game, a fully charged phone, a sketchbook, something to do. You will be waiting a long time. When I was waiting in the reg line we ended up pitching "who would win in a fight" scenarios and furiously debating why the other party was wrong.

the hours on Friday and Saturday should be from 10am-2am

Sunday should be 10am-6pm

again these are rough times using my previous con experiences and projecting them forward

Wow. So on Friday and Saturday, it goes until 2 hours after midnight?

I think I will come on Saturday only, mainly because I also have other stuff around the Bay Area to do with my family during that weekend. And in case you are wondering I'm the only brony in my family.

For the love of Celestia bring your DS, a card game, a fully charged phone, a sketchbook, something to do. You will be waiting a long time. When I was waiting in the reg line we ended up pitching "who would win in a fight" scenarios and furiously debating why the other party was wrong.

I will bring my 3DS, Phone, and maybe a sketchbook in case I want to show my artwork, and I will also bring some money if I want to buy any souvenirs.

Hey!  Let me go through this and answer some of your questions for you.  Some of these may have already been answered, but I'm just going to go through all your questions anyway.

What are the hours on each day because I want to get there on Saturday as early as I can.

The schedule hasn't been worked out quite yet, so I'm not sure of the exact hours for this year.  But to give you a frame of reference, here are last year's hours where events were going on:

Friday - 11 am to 2 am (Though registration started much earlier than 11 am)

Saturday - 9 am to 2 am

Sunday - 10 am to 6 pm

But also what kind of activities, events and vendors does it have?

The vendor list can be found here: www.babscon.com/vendors/

There's a ton of different sorts of vendors that will be at the convention.  Artist Alley consists mainly of visual artists selling things like prints, buttons, and other similar merchandise.  Then over in the vendors hall you'll find all sorts of goods from comics to plushies to crafts to glassware.  The vendors list also includes charity tables and a few fan tables which are fan organizations that are there to show off what they're working on.  (Be sure to stop by Poniverse's fan table near registration to meet some of the forum staff including myself ^^)

As far as activities, the panel and event schedules haven't been released yet.  But expect panels on most any topic you could imagine having to do with the fandom.  There will be several panels with our Guests of Honor (Voice Actors, writers, comic book staff, etc), and a lot of community run panels talking about various fandom projects (like Poniverse... come visit us in our panel too :P)  

As far as the larger events go, The Voice: Equestria will be making a return, there will be a cosplay contest, and there will be an art show.  Some more details on those three things can be found here.  Of course like last year, NEIGHhem Night will be returning with concerts on Friday and Saturday night.  A list of musicians can be found here.

And then there will also be autograph sessions sprinkled throughout the convention.  When it gets a bit closer to the convention, a complete schedule and list of activities will be released, but hopefully that gives you an idea of what to expect.

And are some vendors stands to buy merchandise or souvenirs?

There will be a LOT of different types of merch to buy like I talked about before.  I'd highly recommend going through the vendors list and finding a few vendors you're particularly interested in to visit first.  As far as souvenirs go, there will be a BABSCon merch table with various BABSCon branded merchandise to buy.  Last year they had t-shirts, bags, pins, coffee mugs, and a few other things to buy.  And of course the con book and badge always make great souvenirs too!

Hopefully that helps answer your questions a bit!  Feel free to let me know if you have any more questions!