Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you wear shoes in the house?

Dewdlz

We live in the tropics, so wearing sandals or slippers in the house is a necessity if you're going to wear anything at all. The streets are dirty and wearing shoes in the house would bring more dirt in.

• Brohoof 1

In the house? depends what house it is, really!

I prefer to keep them on myself when it comes to my own home. I do a lot of travelling to and from different places during the day, and my God is it time consuming and inconvenient to take them on and off every waking moment of the day. Don't even get me started with lace shoes, that's another whole story. And besides, I can vacuum my floor whenever I please, not that I'm pleased with people trekking dirt all over the house, but I won't really complain.

Regardless, I will take off my shoes when visiting somebody's home. I mean, it's just a general courtesy thing, unless you know the home policy for shoes. Generally when you see a whole heap of shoes at the door it's a good clue to take them off.

Well, I've got a doormat and yeah, generally that works wonders. I'm not about to kick up a fuss regarding dirt in the house. I think it's a lame excuse to get angry at someone personally, that's just my opinion though, and it seems kind of petty getting fired up about it. Still, I'll respect the rules of others regardless.

Didn't mean to rant so much about shoes, seems kinda silly but yeah, there's my view on it.

• Brohoof 1

No... It's my own home, I don't need to be uncomfortable there! I'm typically bare-foot. Unless it's cold, then I'll wear slippers or socks... But that's a rare occasion.

• Brohoof 1

Nope.... My mom does enough complaining about how dirty the carpets are as it is already... I don't even want to know the kind of stuff she'd say if I wore shoes inside as well

Edited by Hocus Pocus
  • Brohoof 1

IT varies really, if i'm doing house work then Ipll put my shoes on if not then i susual leave them at the door. Canada thing after all, well also a japan thing I think.

• Brohoof 1

I usually just roll barefoot in my house because it's comfortable. Sometimes I do like to keep my shoes on, though, because it always makes me feel more alert and awake because some part of my brain thinks I'm about to go somewhere.

• Brohoof 4

• 1 year later...

I used to have slippers, but I got tired of buying new ones every 6-8 months. Just socks now, the hard-wood floor is a little too chilly to walk on without some kind of layer between it and my foot.

• Brohoof 1

If you wear shoes in my house, I will murder you with lots of ammonia and acetone.

I'm also Asian, so wearing anything but slippers is considered a crime. Leave your shoes at the door or you're vacuuming the house before you leave.

• Brohoof 1

Walk on my carpet with shoes on and it'll be the last time you wear those shoes.

Really though, vacuuming the rug is one of my chores and I always hate when people track dirt and mud onto the floor. The people I live with have grown aware of my hatred of shoes in the house and have stopped wearing their shoes anywhere past the door. (Most of the time -_- )

As for socks, I absolutely adore socks! I'll take all the unwanted socks from Christmas, because I just love them. I have all kinds of socks I wear at home. (and outside too) I have fuzzy ones with the rubber buttons on the bottom, and I have tall ones that cover my entire leg. Socks are like the best article of clothing, they're so soft!

My feet also tend to dry up easier without socks. I don't exactly know why, but it's just another excuse to wear more socks.