Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you wear shoes in the house?

Dewdlz

I don't ever wear shoes outside if I can get away with it! I hate wearing shoes...and socks for that matter. But, if it's cold, I will put slippers on. In the summer, when I have to go out, I LIVE in my favourite Monster High flip-flops.

Side note: At my college, it's OKAY to not wear shoes to class! In fact, it's encouraged. I was like, "I love this place."

Edited by LostButterflyUtau
  • Brohoof 1

Nope. I love being barefoot. :D I can't stand wearing shoes or socks even unless I have to. Whenever I come home from going out, I usually just kick off my shoes and run around barefoot. I go barefoot even on our outside patio as well. I don't have a care in the damn world about it!

Edited by AdorbzFangirl
  • Brohoof 3

Since my ethnic background is European, it's considered a crime to wear shoes in the house. However I don't mind it at all, because I like it if the house is nice and clean (obviously it's not always absolutely clean for so many reasons). Neatness = less complications/simplicity.

In the winter, I wear socks (and slippers if the floor gets too cold for socks).

In the spring/fall, depending on the warmth of the day, I would either wear socks, socks with slippers, or I would go barefoot.

In the summer, I will not hesitate to go barefoot! I love the feeling that I get from being barefoot! It's just so natural (and it feels good too)! Hence why I own a pair of these shoes here for outside (I also have many pairs these kind of socks). :)

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 3

Hence why I own a pair of these shoes here

ToeShoes!

Meh, boots are made for the street. Barefeet all day all night, any weather but winter.

Since my ethnic background is European, it's considered a crime to wear shoes in the house.

Not quite a crime in common sense. Perhaps blasphemy, ignorance, disrespect. (there are some ponies who actually believe they have no internet in Russia, or it`s restricted as buck. Different culture after all.) It`s not prohibited de-jure

Edited by Vajhovic
  • Brohoof 3

A pony after my own heart.

No shoes indoors for me.  Ever.  Except Uggs when it's really cold, but they never leave the house, so it's ok.  My parents (particularly my dad) just tromp through the house with wet, flithly shoes.  It drives me insane.  Sometimes I want to beat them both with a bag of oranges.

But actually, on a related tangent, it's really healthy to go barefoot.  Strengthens foot muscles.  The vast majority of foot, ankle, knee, hip, and back problems can be atributed to modern footwear.  All the stiff, high arch support causes arch muscles to diminish, which in turn causes all sorts of posture and walking problems.  People should go barefoot as often as they can.  I have a friend who's really big into barefoot running.  That's a little much for me, and it's also not feasible most of the year where I live, as it gets very cold and snowy.  But I do love wearing my barefoot sandals when it's warm.  I have another friend who's just the opposite.  He can't stand being barefoot.  He wears steel-toed workboots all the time, even when he's relaxing and watching tv.  He'll take them off to shower, then put em right back on.  I wouldn't be surprised if he sleeps in them.  I can't understand it.  Being barefoot feel so nice.

That sounds very legit, yes.

Haha oh no, I don't understand how one could wear shoes indoors 24/7. Slippers or Uggs, fair enough! But shoes? Shoes as in shoes you walk with outside? Shoes you walk with everywhere? No way in heck! I especially don't understand it when people have shoes indoors, WITH a broadloom..? What?!  :o If I get cold or something, I usually put on some teal socks or something alike.

You told me about your friend who wear shoes everywhere, because he can't stand walking around barefooted? What about when he's having sexual interactions with somepony? xD That would probably look a bit odd.

Edited by darkwingmare
  • Brohoof 2

I grew up wearing my shoes around the house, and I always did so up until August, when I moved into my new apartment.  Because, unlike my last apartment, this one has really nice, light colored carpeting, and I want to keep it nice and soft for as long as possible.  It's really nice to walk around barefoot on this carpet.  If you felt the carpeting in my last apartment, you'd understand why this is so important.

When it comes to other people's homes, I follow the principle of monkey-see, monkey-do.  If they remove their shoes, I do the same.  Otherwise, I'll keep them on.

• Brohoof 3

When I am home, I keep my shoes off. My dad, on the other hand, keeps his shoes on all day; even if he isn't going outside. It just bothers me when people leave their shoes on when they don't need them!

:lol:

• Brohoof 4

I only ever walk through my house with shoes on if I'm rushing and I just forgot something inside. Walking around a home while wearing shoes always feels weird to me.

• Brohoof 2

Shoes pffttt   you are lucky if you can get me to wear them out side or in public much less in the house. Unless im in my lab or working in my shop foot wear in genral is a taboo for me.

• Brohoof 2

You told me about your friend who wear shoes everywhere, because he can't stand walking around barefooted? What about when he's having sexual interactions with somepony? xD That would probably look a bit odd.

Honestly, knowing him, it wouldn't surprise me if he just remained fully clothed in his work duds.

• Brohoof 3

Heavens no. I've been known to run around bare foot. x)

In actuality though, I usually wear socks around the house unless it gets really cold, in which case I have a pair of warm booty slippers that I can slip into, but I live in Southern California, and we don't get too cold over here, so that's rare. :P

• Brohoof 3