Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you wear shoes in the house?

Dewdlz

I never wear shoes while I'm in the house. If I did, it'd mean that I'd have to vacuum more often which doesn't sound fun.  :wacko:  I also go barefoot in the house pretty much always, even during winter. Sometimes I just forget and sometimes I don't feel the need to wear socks.

I live in Japan, so no. Even if I didn't, I've lived here so long, it feels wrong to enter a house with shoes on, now. I'd leave my shoes by the door whenever I visited my parents and I think they might have been a bit annoyed by it. I was kinda raised to wear shoes at all times. Despite that, I've always much preferred walking around barefoot. I don't like wearing shoes if I don't have to.

• 4 months later...

For some reason, I generally keep steel-toe boots on in my house out of comfort. I generally wear boots all day and they are a hassle to take off and put on again if I need to get up and go somewhere. I installed hardwood floors in my home so it can get uncomfortable for me after awhile if I'm not wearing any shoes. I do wash and wax my floors once a month though so I'm good on floor cleanliness! :D

I put shoes on because I don't like my feet getting dirty after a while of walking the floor with people constantly coming in and out. We have four pets (well 8 but 4 of them are infant kittens) so they can be a bit messy sometimes XD.

The floor being cold is an issue too.

• 2 years later...

No, because that feels kind of pointless. At home, I'll walk around in socks only or slippers.

Edited by Cash_In

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...